The Resurrection of #22579 | Page 14 | FerrariChat

The Resurrection of #22579

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by willrace, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    At least half of the ten best internet posts I've ever made are ones that I *didn't* submit.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that's funny right there.

3. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    #328 brettski, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    that's right Kurt...now that you've started polluting other threads with your bitter gaul, i did PM Rob, which i never did with regard to either of your other 2 threads.

i'm sure Rob will confirm, i never raised a single objection to anything you've chosen to on F-chat and played absolutely no part in your other thread being shut-down...

but your insatiable bitterness prompted you to go too far this time so, for the sake of all those who you've 'put off' this catagory, i PM'd Rob...that's right, i did.

that you even mention that is unbelieveably hypocritical, considering that it was you that CC'd Rob into our private e-mails (not F-chat PM's) as we tried to resolve our differences.

so, 'park' your ego and your selfishness, because F-chat isn't your private toilet...and if you have a different opinion of 17143, then express it, based on it's merits.

i'm not going anywhere either...and i'm not going to let you destroy the 400 forum for your own selfish reasons.

you really need to try to understand that, for everybody else, your rant just an incomprehensible bore (see above).

4. guitnwithit

guitnwithit Karting

Jul 16, 2009
    And Kurt,do everyone a favour and stop pretending that your crusade is on behalf of anything other then your own pathetic desire for revenge,because you're only kidding yourself.
    I know a lot of Texans and every one of them would be ashamed of you.

Scott Martin - Power Machinist and Engine Builder - Gran Turismo
    p.s. I know you catagorically forbade this Brettski,but this BS is just too much to swallow.

5. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    If what #22579, in any way, credibly represents the "good value" you claim it does, then you've severely undervalued #17143 by at least a digit.
    btw - There is only one "other thread". The other was started by someone else, during which your work was summarily ripped apart by everyone for a few days, until I finally made my only post at the end, admitting ownership.
    There's no reason for anyone to be "put off" of this category, or these cars - only bad shops and/or advice.

3500GT sees it too, just as others have before I ever called it.....just not until too late for me (though I should have given more credence to Newman's early call on paining the interior of the crankcase).

Is that your "Duck Hunting Special" engine leaking on (my, and previously Norwood's) garage floor? With the nasty vibration from 4200-4600? Misting the entire back end with oil from the day it was delivered?
    Awesome.

My original post was nothing but context for this thread, and #17143's value as stated and disputed - thus, my call to restore that post, and delete these, as they are off-topic.
    These posts are the highjack, as I've already noted, but won't be unanswered.

6. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    In this thread, I simply referenced a provable, repeated declaration of "good value" for comparison to the person claiming such a value, with his biases, based on very personal experience, and experiences shared with me by others. This metric is simple, and needed for context when someone is claiming a value that is already in question by others.
    In that function, my posts should return and remain, as they purposely do not go into the details which can be discovered in "that other thread".

Or
    In this thread I have simply fallen in love with my own brilliant repeated beautiful words, words that I string together in such artistic beauty to render them works of art. I shall write a book (just for myself mind) whereupon I can muse upon the simplicity of my metric. The dream of 'that other thread' shall be mine along with the rest of my imaginary conquering.
    Look you need to get a grip here your wrong your whole tirade was wrong you dont get it you have to realize that if you want to get 'factory' spec for your car you would have to spend at least 250 000 euro and take it from me ive just had that from the horses mouth for the last 5 cars that maranello did albeit different and cheaper models to work on, for you to ramble on about your hard done to situation is silly and it makes you look foolish to not even have a clue that might be the case before you started makes you look even more foolish.

7. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    #332 willrace, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    Thanks you for the kind words.

Or​

I was hustled by someone who I see starting to cast his net again.
    And it's OK that I'm pissed - that's a right I earned with that someone. I still don't want anyone else going through it when it can be prevented.
    Remember that I'm not soft-promoting my business of fixing and selling these cars.

As I've said, this current series of posts, only a reaction to MY calling Brett's BS, and not 3500GT's just within this thread*, is a deflection, an off-topic hijack to mitigate experienced criticism of Brett's pumping of values. My initial post regarding his credibility (the deleted one) stood on its own, and should be restored, this series nixed, and get back to an honest valuation assessment of a particular car with the context of opinions established, but out in the open. If Brett could be correct this time, so be it; if all of the other opinions are, pay attention.

*This is ignoring the other threads where Brett has been called on his BS by others.

8. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    Mr Will Race

Like you I have been lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce and i need to say I've had enough of your rant about Brett.
    What started out as a critique ends up redeeming more about you that you probably wanted but you did that no one else. I have been a good friend of Bretts for a few years now and I'm here to tell you I only became a friend after he and his crew restored my very old tired V12 . 12 thousand kms later and its still running perfectly without incident . And I should tell you he was less than half of some of his competitors who quoted me AND he did alot of extras ( clutch diff rad to mention a few)as well included in that number!!!! His advice and research and methodical approach are unmatched by most here is my area of Ontario . I know both sides of your story not only from Brett but his very fine subcontractors as well and I will say this for all to hear. If a guy fixes 100 customers cars and has run ins with say well 2 guys one should really wonder what circumstances and customer influences led to the bad results ?? I dont wish to to get into specifics because well then we too would be in an argument and this would once again give you the opportunity to ramble on for a few more months seeking me out in unrelated threads and trashing me forever . Your comments are bordeline litigious and you should just let it go . Please spare us any more rant and if your so dissatified with your car sell it or drive it off a cliff.
    I love reading about 400s and 365s and all their foibles and i dont want to read your whining amist it. Im sure this will result in yet ANOTHER response from you so someone who opposes my words here today but i just dont care and wont get into it .
    for many i say enough.

Gary
    Espada
    EtypeFHC

9. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    To me this is quite simple:-

PLEASE JUST START A NEW THREAD TITLED "WILLRACE v BRETTSKI"

Those who are interested (not me that's for sure!) would read and comment. The rest of us poor saps who have had enough of this could avoid it and just read the threads which hold genuine interest and are about the cars we all share and enjoy.

Let's just get back to the reason why we all joined this forum in the first place.

Nuff said, that's it, no further comments will come from me about this - may I politely suggest that others follow suit.

10. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    As already noted in "that other" thread, as a Brett-Buddy, it's your duty to stand up for him when he has stacked his own evidence against himself in a rolling showcase of "How Bad Can It Be?".

Wasn't this thread about opinions on the value of a different car?

11. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Agreed - I've been trying to get it back on track, but also won't slink away from what I posted originally.

12. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Ok Ive had a bit of fun at your expense,
    Why dont you try another tack why not apologies talk with the guy seek a way out of this and imagine for one second you happily driving along and it all came good after all its not as if youve got such a disaster on your hands.
    Look I suppose its pretty unlikely you guys could see eye to eye after all this but you could actually just stop the slandering and apologies it would be a beautifull thing if you could find it within yourself to do it.
    I know you think your the victim here and all that and you could just keep flogging away at this but its time to give up.