NASCAR 2012 | Page 15 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2012

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 4re Nut, Dec 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

I think there is a difference between 'having a teammates back' and being a complete moron.

Having two drivers go at it, or two pit crews go at it is fine by me, but if I was an owner I would draw the line if one of my employees tells a media member to GTF out of my face repeatedly when these guys (in ALL sports) know they are fair game. Once you are IN your garage or motorhome the media knows you are kinda 'off limits' and most respect that.
    Of course my example is Kurt Busch/Jerry Punch, and where I don't care too much for Mr. Punch, Kurt was way out of line. These guys forget without the media they are n-o-t-h-i-n-g, media made them what they are ($$$).

Generally speaking, motorsports in america is a tier two - nearly a tier three sport as far as local media is concerned (except for places like Charlotte and Daytona), local media does not cover them at all unless a 'big' event is happening at a local track, whereas they cover tier one sports year-round regardless of if they have a local interest in it or not.

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    ^^^ I would say NASCAR is solidly tier 2 in most markets and all other forms of racing are more like tier 4.

3. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Some reading to help pass the time until Daytona...

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8786802/nascar-sprint-cup-oddities-plentiful-2012

Lady D averaged > $100K per start! :eek: You go gurl! :rolleyes:

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    ^^^ the start and park numbers are astonishing...$2mm+ for NOT completing most races?!? hell, I could do that! :eek:

5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Umm, I believe I said this on another thread waaay back in about May or so...
    Also, the dollar figures are kinda misleading, since you get around $220K just to start the Daytona 500.

I just now went to the nascar.com website - IT BLOWS!
    They totally f---ed it up!
    Ugh!