Loss of appetite? | FerrariChat

Loss of appetite?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by texasmr2, Nov 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    My daily intake of solids is probably 1/4 of what is normal for a male of my age and weight, 48 and 220lbs, I take 5-6 bites and will satisfied/full. 20yrs ago when a buffet saw me coming I was charged extra (humor) yet now I would prefer something from the sample platter or kids menu, this worries me for various reasons that some will realize but I'm still confused as to why this may be?

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Smoke a joint! ;)

On a serious note, my dad has the same at the moment, I haven't a clue why. He seems to live on cigarettes, wine and a few bites here and there.

3. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Lol good one Bas!!

Even though I still smoke a pack will last me one or two weeks and my alcohol intake is very very low. I guess I should take advantage of this and just increase my nutritional intake of MET-Rx and other high quality foods. I'm not complaining I just thought it rather odd but I see it in alot of older people, I am only 48 but my dad is 79 and has been the same way for 20+yrs.

Atleast my dress size has not increased!! :D

4. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Has your bra size changed?

5. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    LOL, fortunately not!

6. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    funny- Im eating less too, tex. . They say my stomack has shrunk, partly because Im too lazy to pack lunch for work, only to starve and wait for dinner. Guess one can get used to eating lass- more americans should try that, eh?

Try not to frequent big bufets anymore- not worth it...LOL . Im only 135 lbs. Buffets make $$$ on me.

7. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    I learnt in skool, that the stomach is made of smooth tissue, the kind that once stretched, very difficult to shrink back. Ive proven them wrong.

Thats why so many big, fat , beer bellies out there. They should try starving for lunch, stranded at work such as I am, with no going out to "buy" lunch- no excuses.

8. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    20yrs ago I got my moneys worth at buffets but soon after I got into my health phase and started eating smaller meals and eating slowly my intake was greatly decreased but the quality tripled. That has continued until this day but I think my current work status and the hurdles with that has contributed a great deal ie stress.

I do not pile my plate up because I do not want to waste food just because my eyes are bigger than my stomach. Oh and we have a newer chinese buffet across the street from my house and I only sat down once, it cost me $13 including a $1 tip for an iced tea and one plate, never again.

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Are you exercising? That should maintain a healthy appetite.

10. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    No and I have not maintained a steady and true exercise regimen in years. Quite a shame because I was once very adament about exercise but I feel that I will soon be getting that motivational kick in the butt I have needed for so long now.

I failed to mention that my current medications could be a contributing factor.

11. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    If this has been lasting more than a week or two, see a doctor immediately! Something is not right. Good luck.

12. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I still get hungry just not as much as I once did. I think my personal stress level is atleast 80+% of the issue at this current time in my life, another hurdle of living in a material world.

13. tonyhemet

tonyhemet Karting

Jul 21, 2012
    hemet,ca,usa
    Full Name:
    anthony gonzalez
    Rather than copy quotes on things you said ( I still haven't figured how to do that either and no one will show me ,arrgh !) I will just make my comments.
    I am 52 and my wife says we are an old couple, funny, I don't feel old.
    I eat less now than I did when I was 28, yet some how I feel fatter than I did then.
    For some weird reason I like getting the kids meals if I visit a fast food, maybe this is because they have smaller portions and I get a toy, they never had them when I was a kid and maybe I am just trying to get all the toys I never got then.
    I noticed that when I was single I would eat just about anything, anytime and anywhere, now that I am married I can eat anything I want except it is on a regular schedule.
    I have no idea what met-x is.
    Stress from having too much material stuff ? Have an estate sale and my wife or her friends will show up, no more stuff, no more stress, problem solved, wasn't that easy ? And I'm not even a doctor.
    From what I remember, a buffet is where you pay, before you eat. And if you want to tip, you got to get one of those little tip percentage cards my wife has in her purse that she hands me when the check comes to the table
    Tony

14. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Ah, stress can do that! If I'm overly stressed on something I can't eat very much either.

15. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    http://i.imgur.com/EXjLL.png

All points aside, just a simple breakfast, I nice and hearty lunch and super important eat very early for dinner that means dinner at 5-6pm and no McDonalds or fast foods. It will help get you on a good path - water and tea's only.

do this for a month and you will be set right - but only after you have talked with a Doctor on the proper reasons whats going on with ya.

so good luck

16. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply and offer your insight and advice.

Although I have consumed less for about 4-5yrs now the "one meal per day" issue is my main concern. I just know though that it is a stress issue regarding many things but mainly the hurdles I have run into over the past 1.5yrs of finding another LEO position. There is probably alot of subconcious stress aswell from the losses I and my family have experienced over the past year. I have been in a HUGE funk since I returned from the USGP and yes I would love to sit down with a professional yet with no insurance/income I cannot.

I know things will soon turn around so I can get my appetite for food aswell as for life in general back.

17. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Now I dont feel so bad- I havnt figured that out neither. Anytone care to advise how its done- Im grateful.

18. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    dont worry, tex. They did studies on rats. the rats that had unrestricted accesss to food lived X amount of time. The rats that had their food restricted to 1/2 as much- liveD 2 x AS LONG!!

19. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Guess how I did that?? No seriously all you need to do is find the quote/post by said member and click on the blue QUOTE box in the bottom righthand corner and then copy/paste into your reply box. You can also delete from the post whatever you do not want thus only leaving the quote/saying you are referencing. To find that quote by said member you can either do a SEARCH for all post by that member or by the thread title.

Hope this helps.

NICE!!!!!

20. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    thnaks, tex. I will try in future.

21. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    oh- noticed youre a mark twain fan- me too. My favorite one is "The lack of money is the root of all evil".......

Its engraved in the lobby of his house (visiting area) in Hartford CT.

22. Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy Karting

Jan 11, 2009
    Seal Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This sounds like depression, and depression can certainly have that effect on your appetite, especially when saddled with that kind of stress.

23. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    You may be right Joe. My stress level has been so enormous and mainly it it is due to my family and their lack of support so basically I am going thru this alone which is nothing new. My family does not support or fathom the reason why I signed up for the Peace Corps, they are locked into what I term as their "Safe Zone" so I am the Black Sheep because I actually have goals and desires that do not included going to the deer lease or anything related to hunting.

I lost all hope or desire to be accepted by them about 3yrs ago, I do not care anymore.