Interiors on Black Exterior | FerrariChat

Interiors on Black Exterior

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ghai881, Oct 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghai881

ghai881 Rookie

Jan 14, 2012
    What are the main options here.... I've seen lots of plain black/plain grey... but they are quite dull... anyone got pics of great looking interiors on black cars?

2. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    #2 Rcktrod, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have Iroko with beige special contrast stitching which looks very rich and elegant IMHO. The smaller photo is the true color while flash pictures can make it look lighter. It's a rich chocholate brown color.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. ghai881

ghai881 Rookie

Jan 14, 2012
    Wow, amazing.

4. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    The good news is: every color goes. The bad news is: every color goes! I always answer color questions with 2 questions: (1) How long are you going to keep car? No one wants to stare at something for a long time if trendy and will find themselves out of date at some point. (2) And most importantly, what look are you going for? Classic/elegant, bold, sporting? When you answer that question then you can move forward. I find without a "feel" or "look" that you are going for, you will be all over the map. Best. Randy

5. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Beautiful interior! The chocolate brown looks very tastefully!

6. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Iroko is rich looking and sophisticated. Also timeless, I think.

7. chris_u

chris_u Karting

Apr 13, 2008
    CA
    amazing combo can you post more pics of the car in and out. thanks

8. Ralph K

Ralph K Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2008
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    Very classy!

9. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    Elegance: as shown above. or another option, keeping it slightly more simple is beige interior with black contrast stitching. standard seats/electric seats for this look I think.

Sport: charcoal with red stitching. or black with red stitching or yellow stitching. racing seats for sure.

End of the day - your car, just play around on the Configurator online or at your dealer (Swindon is mine and the now have an Atelier area), or best, go to Maranello itself...

10. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, so here's a link to a youtube video, shot at a local Cars and Coffee, that really shows the interior well. Thanks for all the kind comments.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDWyDjDoIYo[/ame]

11. 2k7997tt

2k7997tt Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    John M.
    Blacks and grays.

Tans and browns. (I love Iroko with black.)

12. ghai881

ghai881 Rookie

Jan 14, 2012
    Liking that idea. A lot!

13. chris_u

chris_u Karting

Apr 13, 2008
    CA
    #13 chris_u, Oct 28, 2012
  14. 2k7997tt

2k7997tt Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    John M.
    When I first spec'd my 458, I had piping in contrast color. I received some good advice from the guys at Ferrari Beverly Hills. They told me (very rightfully so) that the 458 deserved a sporty interior. Piping is very elegant and classy. It looks great on a Bentley. I decided against the piping and I don't regret it.

15. chris_u

chris_u Karting

Apr 13, 2008
    CA
    i agree but i also think that it depends the color combo sportier colors and seats no piping. more of the lighter colors daytona seats piping adds that extra level of wow.

16. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    #16 dr.sb, Oct 29, 2012
    Let me show you a few examples of what I had written and suggested. I have a black R8 with beige interior hence I know that that really works for an elegant look. Also have a continental GT in black with cream interior with the black contrast stitching and emblems.

Black with black and red stitching - may be a little bit too empowering I am not sure, but if you give it the right touches, you will break up the all black feel to it. I have currently a white 458 on order with black interior (sports seats) red stitch, red stripe in the middle and red seat belts (with black buckle). Some photos below.

17. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    #17 dr.sb, Oct 29, 2012
    Some more pictures.

I do not think you were going for the more elegant look, and I shall agree with you, 458 is very sporty indeed. These are some of the options I would think up in my mind for a black 458:

Yellow callipers
    Black/Charcoal Leather Sports seats
    Yellow stitch with yellow cav, with yellow stripe, yellow seat belts (but with black buckle)
    Yellow tach
    Specially made (Atelier) black floor mats with yellow Cav

For a red contrast same as above but with red wherever there is yellow APART from maybe the tach.

You can also do the same with black gloss callipers and white stitching inside/light grey stitch. Looks stunning too.

If it was me, I would want a little bit of colour.

As a dark horse, crema sports seats with black stitch with yellow tach. I would keep the callipers for this in black gloss.

Crema and black - very very striking.

I am not a huge fan of Alcantara on the seats, maybe on the roof lining or something just for a tactile and visual impact, but you need to have a look at what you like. I am trying to sift through all my photos I had compiled for my 458 choices and I shall post up some Alcantara ones too.

Complete the sporty look with CF wheel and LED wheel. Do not think any CF necessary on the outside of a black car. I have also specced up a black gloss finish dash and centre console on my 458, something that you could look at.

Theres a lot of individual touches and intricate details you can get done specifically for yourself, for example I have gone for the Italy flag tricolour stich on the steering wheel ie green, white and red stitch instead of just the red stitch just to remind me of the Ferrari factory visit (plus it looks stunning)

18. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    There is post by a chap called Ozan from London with a black 458 with yellow details. That is a beautiful car. Like I said, you can make it different by a few little touches of your own such as a dedication plate or little tweaks here and there, nothing extortionate (in relative terms) but just making it unique to yourself.

Hope my pictures are helping. I shall try to find the post by Ozan.

Thanks

Sunny

19. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #19 isuk, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    If you want something unique Ferrari use Poltrona leather so it's worth looking at this website and clicking on the finishes tab underneath the sofa to see the vast range of leather colours that Poltrona offer. This leather is primarily for use on furniture so I can't guarantee that all of them would be available for automotive use though I can't see why not - regular colours like Sabia and Iroko are already on there. You'd have to submit an Extra Campionaro request to the factory through your dealer to ask if it is possible. I used one of these colours for the stripe on my race seats.

http://www.poltronafrau.com/portal/page/portal/new/webpages/poltronafrau/catalogue/product?p=code:pF_5543%3bis_finder_result:1&lang=en

20. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #20 JazzyO, Oct 29, 2012
  21. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    Got to say that that is really nice. I am not a huge fan of Alcantara on seats normally but in the red it looks really good! It does actually suit the race seat. If two tone seat in these colours then Alcantara is the way to go. I would not personally do lower dash in red or the door panels either, but that is personal preference. So many ways to really make it your own Ferrari.

22. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    So true, the personalisation possibilities these days are great.

I did the lower dash on special order so that the alcantara red 'banner' runs all the way through the cabin, through 360 degrees. My roof is also red alcantara, and that really looks great IMHO.

If you want the seats but not the door panels, that would be special order. The stitched red horse in the seat is special order now as well.

BTW - the alcantara is bordeaux, not red. It is a bit difficult to capture the real life colour of it.

Onno

23. Webraider

Webraider Karting

Sep 12, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Ulli
    #23 Webraider, Oct 29, 2012
    And here's that guy Onno mentioned... ;)

I upped this photo somewhere else here, but here You go.

The color is bordeaux and it REALLY is very hard to capture as the light's angle/intensity will change the look. Do NOT judge it by the DREADFUL configurator (it looks brown !) but rather see it IRL at the atelier. It is a very subtle color.

I added a leather center stripe as I thought it would look sporty and add a bit of contrast in the mid area of the seats.

Anyway: The choice is Yours, so enjoy !

Cheers,
    Ulli

P.S.:
    All fine with You, Onno ?

24. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Nero leather racing seats with red stitching and center stripe look amazing IMHO.

25. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    #25 dr.sb, Oct 29, 2012
    +1

A different look to the above lovely photos: