Rare 16 M available | FerrariChat

Rare 16 M available

Discussion in '360/430' started by diSCUDsted, Jul 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Cool looking car... but I'm over the matt-paint thing. I'm back to shiny colors.

2. RDI

RDI Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I agree, the matte paint finish seems to be a trend that will be quick lived. Personally I would never spend this kind of money on a matte finished car. The car has been for sale for over 1 year, the ad is also a bit misleading,a $20 K option in interior stitch color? and in saying the car still has full factory warranty. The car is a USA car imported into Canada, so it has no Canadian warranty, and once a USA car gets imported it also loses USA warranty, I know this because I checked with Ferrari USA when I was thinking about importing a USA car under warranty into Canada, I was told I would lose all warrranty, meaning once the car got registered into Canada I couldn't bring it back to a USA dealer for warranty.

None the less it's a 16m so a sweet car, just will take the right type of buyer for this car to move.

3. big_guy

big_guy F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Hmmmm...that has not been my experience.

I bought a 2005 f430 from Ferrari of Washington. Part of the deal was an extra year's warranty. Ferrari of Quebec replaced a muffler covered by the Ferrari warranty.

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Looks great!
    :D

5. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    There are a few in this colour, they look lovely in the flesh.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czuwwwLpftY[/ame]

6. RDI

RDI Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I would re-check that, it seems Ferrari North America has changed policy for 2009 cars and above, in other words all cars still under factory warranty. Even the factory manuals that come with the cars have been changed to confirm these changes. I imagine they have done this change to warranty to help stop people from Canada importing Ferrari cars from USA.

Don't shoot the messenger, I got the above information straight from Ferrari USA and straight from the USA dealer who at the time was trying to sell me an 09 Scud.

7. kramsay1234

kramsay1234 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    #8 kramsay1234, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    I know the owner and this car has never been registered here. Therefore no problem on warranty if a US buyer was to purchase and bring back to the US. Pictures do not do this car justice. It looks very good in person. Ferrari of Quebec has one as well, but with silver calipers and white stitching so not quite as much color pop. There can't be but a few in the world in that color. And it was an expensive color option, just maybe not for everyone. One thing I can say is I have never seen a matte finish look better on another car. It looks terrible on Porsche's etc, IMHO, but with the lines of the 16M, the fact that its more a dark gray than black, and that it has a more satin finish and not flat primer look, it works well.

8. scubamike

scubamike Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    In the south
    Another beautiful 16M! I'm drooling now.

9. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Matte was popular from Fast & Furioso days but now it looks old.

10. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Looks beautiful. This is one special 16M though I'd love for it to be more grey than black, kinda like an F16 jet grey.

11. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    This is not true. If the Ferrari was a USA Ferrari and fully service it will be honoured

12. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    There are the 2 matte gray 16M's for sale

13. PCA Hack

PCA Hack Formula Junior

May 9, 2008
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    I agree. I've seen a matte 16M and was quite impressed. I recently saw a matte Daytona Gray R8 w/carbon blade and it was absolutely stunning. Photos don't do those paint jobs justice.

14. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    so the stitching cost equals that of a new Honda Civic? Must be some nice threads.

15. Georgescott

Georgescott Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2009
    Matte on ferrari's nah. On lambo's yep!!

16. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    Usually not a fan of matte black cars, but this 16M is bad ass!

17. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    wow, extremely nice