430 spider or coupe | FerrariChat

430 spider or coupe

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mikael_W, Sep 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mikael_W

Mikael_W Karting

Jul 19, 2010
    Will you feel a big difference in the driving feeling comparing?
    I dont drive any track driving, only inspired driving on country roads.

The coupe looks much better to me but its nice to be able to take the roof down when the summer is here

2. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Considering what you said in your post, Spider unquestionably.

3. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    I had a spider... traded it for a scud coupe.

I REALLY love the scud. I also love that the AC works and holds temp much better with the coupe. I also like the added stiffness and less rattles and air noise.

That being said, I really do miss the spider on mild temp days.

Basically, I miss the spider on the days I could have the top down, aside from that, my spider with the top up pretty much sucked, so on those days, i prefer the coupe

4. HighandDry

HighandDry Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2012
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I've always liked the looks of coupes better.

However, if I lived in Southern Cal, Florida, or the like, I would likely get a spider. In Seattle, I never had to second guess the coupe.

5. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    There is a big difference. If you can enjoy top down driving where you live, there's nothing like a spider. Take a drive in both and you'll know which one is for you. Enjoy the hunt!

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Agreed.

7. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    I've asked this before, and I'll do it again: are you a Coupe Guy, or a Convertible Guy?

F-Chat advice is good for many things, but for this decision you've got to get in touch with your Inner Self.

8. Mikael_W

Mikael_W Karting

Jul 19, 2010
    The thing is that the weather here in sweden is not the best but I dont drive when its bad weather so maybe a spider is the best.

I think the 458spider looks really good but It also cost a lot right now:)

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    If weather permits more than half the time to drive with top down then get a Spider. As said, nothing beats driving with the top down, especially in a Ferrari. What color are you getting.
    I have black on black so looks good top up or down to me.

10. Mikael_W

Mikael_W Karting

Jul 19, 2010
    I agree the black looks good with the top. But maybe i go for the rosso corsa again.
    Just got my fisker karma in black

11. kenman

kenman Rookie

Apr 24, 2011
    Full Name:
    Richard kenman
    Testdrive with the top down and look for a tunnel, in the tunnel step on the pedal and hear that sweet sound, you will know the aswer to coupe/spider after this:) Im also from sweden and the little I use the car its on sunny days so it really gets an extra feeling when you can hear and smell whats going around you. One disadvantage with spider is that its noicy when the top is up on days when you just go from "a" to "b".

12. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    i have owned both.
    my vote: spider!

13. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I love the lines of the coupe... But there is nothing better than driving with the top down. Now the 458 spyder.... Best of both worlds! I gotta get me one of those!

14. Mikael_W

Mikael_W Karting

Jul 19, 2010
    i agree with the 458 spider but i have to wait a couple of years for prices go down.
    Think the 458 spider look a little mor like my 355 gts

15. 360stradaleboy

May 24, 2011
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Ayrton S.
    Spider. Hands down. The coupe is great but there is nothing like hanging out driving through some country roads with that top down and 490 bhp V8 rambling on behind you. They both sound great but spider seems much louder because of the top

No doubt the spider is the way to go!!

16. timba

timba Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2012
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My wife is really good looking and I didn't want everyone staring at her instead of my car.

17. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    LMAO. That was a good one! I think it's a reasonable assumption that many men with a Ferrari in the garage have an attractive wife! If your point were shared by many of these owners, the market for convertibles would be WAY softer than it is!

Think of it this way - spotting a guy in a Ferrari means he's got his act together. Seeing him in there with an attractive woman and the top down (well, on the car, probably not on the woman) just seals the deal! Love it...

Good one man!

18. Hkpooh

Hkpooh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2011
    LOL

19. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Lucky you. I'm sure you take that as a compliment. I do.