Scott Rothstein prominent Ft. Lauderdale attorney | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Scott Rothstein prominent Ft. Lauderdale attorney

Discussion in 'Florida' started by GatorFL, Nov 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rally_maksubie

rally_maksubie Karting

Jul 13, 2005
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Raymond Agcaoili
    No matter what the outcome may be, I will always be a friend to Scottie. He was there when I needed a friend and was there as my lawyer. He was there when I was NOT a good friend to him.

2. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

#502 Drive550PFB, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    Um, I think you just DID tell me where to put the chill pill. And it is clearly out of line for you to do this. Oh, you won't get banned, because you have 16,000 posts.

But here is my point. I DON'T think you should get banned. I actually support your right to say everything you have said. Further, I believe that this process has revealed a lot about people.

I find it interesting that you have trouble with questions. Sincere questions that make you uncomfortable seem to set you off. They are questions, they end with a question mark.

No he shouldn't.

Both Napolis' comment and my comment were satire--they were attempts to bring humor into a situation where so many of SS's defenders have lost all perspective.

You guys are so busy defending SS and yelling "innocent until proven guilty" or "he who is without sin cast the first stone," that you can't see your own conduct. You cannot see that you have become the most rude and offensive people posting here.

Can't you see that you guys are the ones casting stones? To those of us who judge SS's actions--and we are judging his actions, not just allegations--the defenders are throwing HUGE ROCKS at us. Remember, SS was very rude to us when he left--and no one had said anything negative to SS at that point. It was all about SR and KR. SS cast the first stone. Some people can't take it when someone returns volley.

I appreciate some who say, "OK, enough, life is too short. I will quit posting." I don't take that attitude. Obviously.

3. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I was just checking since you've defended scammers and drug dealers here on FChat.

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Anyone who really was a friend of Scottie's could clearly see that his Bizarre infatuation with Kim was leading him down a very dangerous road.

"small minded *******s

yes - that is what I think of you people.

Run off at the mouth and insult people you not only don't know but have never even met.

Screw you all.

Scottie"

If one of my friends began acting this way especially in light of the demons he previously chased in the matter that caused his law licence to be suspended earlier in Arizona (Public Record) I would have done everything in my power to get him professional help.

The REALLY sad thing here is that he didn't get professional help before he was charged with committing these crimes. That was the time to help a friend. Now that he's likely going to plead guilty and go to jail I fear he won't be getting the kind of professional help he obviously needs to deal with his behavior which lead him to this sad state of affairs.

I have no sympathy for SR and Kim and I do believe that that as Kim's implants were bought with illegal gains that caused devastation to many and at least one person to commit suicide, that if it was up to me they would be repo'd and sold to help the victims of SR's terrible crimes.

The very important lesson here is that if one of your friends starts acting Bizarrely and heads down the road to Hell get them professional help before it's too late. Sometimes they won't take that help but as least you tried.

5. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    I thought I was done with this thread. I thought wrong. I just really can't believe the aggressive nature of the attacks by those defending Saidel of those who haven't been accused of perpetrating (or abetting) a fraud on the bankruptcy court and the victims of SR.

While friendship is admirable, this goes beyond and borders on the pathological. Saidel may be the nicest guy in the world, but the crime(s) he is accused of having committed are serious. I'm not suggesting that people ostracize or abandon their relationships, BUT he may also not be the nice guy that you all seem to have come to know. In fact, confidence men are considered "nice", too, before they take you for something. And, no one is suggesting that you cannot still be friends, but if he's accused of (and agrees to plea) a felony charge, this is something that disqualifies him from holding certain positions of trust. Convicted felons cannot practice law, vote or own weapons, for example.

If the news reports are correct, Saidel is contemplating or has already accepted a plea agreement. I'm willing to bet that this agreement will also result in the forfeiture of his law license, which, from a lawyer's perspective, is something worth fighting for. But, while I can understand that the prospect of fighting the government is Herculean and expensive, I'm not sure that, in itself, is enough for Saidel to walk away and still be able to credibly maintain a position of innocence. The government doesn't just generally indict without some sort of credible evidence, and lawyer's don't generally just let their ticket get pulled if they're innocent of the allegations. That's not to say the government is infallible, but I would start with the evidence itself before drawing conclusions.

Not to mention that lawyers are held to a higher standard. We are officers of the Court. If Saidel did these things, he has not held himself up to that standard, and the legal profession gets yet another black eye, too.

CW

6. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Representation is one thing. Each and every defendant is entitled to a defense. However, participating in or abetting a fraud or conspiracy goes over the line.

No one is suggesting that the Mrs isn't entitled to a defense. And, no one is suggesting that Saidel could or should not have provided that defense.

BUT, assisting in hiding assets is verboten.

CW

7. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

Interesting that he defended some people on this board who were wrongly accused--and fought for their innocence. (And apparently with some success.)

But, it looks like he is choosing not to fight for himself.

That should tell you something.

8. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    This certainly has held my attention the last few days.

Beyond the tawdry storyline, I've learned a lot from many of this thread's posters, in particular the legal minds. I really enjoy reading the posts of the attorneys because they aren't participating in the drama as much as shedding light on the real gravity of the case in question.

I don't know any of the parties to this scam, nor do I particularly want to, but the vehement defense of someone who may very well go to prison for many years is fascinating.
    The disinterested parties (personally) have set forth a pretty damning record of offense by SS.

Thanks JG, CW, Art, Drive, et al, I will continue to spectate.

9. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Ohh come on, you know how bad some of them are, there is a member here where one worked her way from the kid to the dad. Cha ching :)

10. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Agreed.

11. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

In the words of that great American Poet, Axl Rose, "Welcome to the Jungle."

Come on in, the waters are warm!

The guys at F-Chat must be loving this. I have not had so many page clicks and posts in 7 years. I have done about 100 posts in a week--which is way past norm.

12. 101010

101010 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2008
    In light of how things developed over the years and continue to develop in this latest chapter, it is quite interesting and insightful to re-read some of the earlier posts from this thread.

13. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    The difference was they were accused, but innocent. Ben Cannon comes to mind. Charges dropped, a factual finding of innocence made (you might want to ask a California licensed lawyer how difficult that is). Ot the other hand you're defending what appears to be someone who did the things he's accused of. I'll leave it to others to define you over that, but in my book it stinks to high heaven.

As an aside, one of the reason lawyers got so upset, is that contrary to popular belief we all are very proud of our profession, and when it gets stunk up, we get upset.

Art

14. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It is.

15. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I take it you fellas are referring to post #18 specifically? Is this de ja vu all over again?

Either way it's a very sad situation.

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    STFU.

In memory of Duane Estill......

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks.

I retract my previous post, I had not read yours.

On second thought, no I don't.

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    We needled a guy that had let his three daughters burn to death, in a rent shack.
    He went back the next day, looking for his Dart Set.
    He went down fighting.

Could have been innocent.
    They are still dead.

I'm off to my 'Happy Bubble'.

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks for THAT! LOL!

20. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Yes.

21. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    YOU certainly did....in a certain matter involving a business associate, of mine.

Many here have noticed.

Enjoy your new job, and your new dating scene.

Whatever road one chooses to take, be it the High Road, or the Low Road, will be the one you travel.

22. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    THIS is the big playing field......thanks.

23. 101010

101010 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2008
    Well certainly SS's post #18, and the dialogue from other members that followed.... then his post #24 and further dialogue from other members... #32... #106... I worked my way through the first 6-7 pages before I posted my comment suggesting others might want to do the same.

I'm glad this thread wasn't deleted, despite the repeated insistent pleas of SS.

24. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Wow..... 27 pages, and over 35k views on this thread.....

(In my best auctioneer voice)... nubba, bibba, do I hear 28 pages...28, 28, 28, ...27 now, looking for 28.....

25. abolfaz

abolfaz Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    Coral Gables
    #525 abolfaz, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Judging by the way she's clinging on to them, you'd think she's been reading your posts!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login