2012 Crescent Classic Ferrari Tour | FerrariChat

2012 Crescent Classic Ferrari Tour

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Napolis, Sep 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    What an incredible event!

I've been to a lot of events and I've driven all over the World but this event and the roads Chris and his Team found for us were truely amazing.

The People on the Rally were so nice and friendly and the people we met along the way were fantastic. The Roads are the best roads I've ever driven anywhere. The Twisties are beyond twisty and the sweepers were very special.

Ferrari of Denver, FML, Ferrari Chat and all of the Sponsors threw great parties and Dinners and Justin Bell was wonderful to have along, very funny and a Great speaker.

The Best part for me was Chris. He is really funny, an amazing host and really makes you feel part of his family.

Many photo's will follow and you'll see what I'm talking about.

The final night at Alice Walton's Chrystal Bridges Museum is something that I'll never forget. The Museum's buildings and collection are absolutely World Class and are as impressive as any Museum in NY, London, Paris, Rome or Madrid.

It was great meeting a lot of Ferrari Chatters and Meg and I had a very wonderful time.

We will definitely come next year.

This is an incredible chance to drive your car on incredible roads and should not be missed!!!!!!!!!

2. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I just got home from one of the best weeks of my life. Crescent Classic just seems to get better and better each year and this year was no exception!

I got to see all of my returning friends to Crescent Classic, and I got to make several new friends!

We had such an incredible selection of cars this year, and I know next year will be even better! (Impossible?)

I was so happy to spend time with Jim and Meg (Meg is hilarious!) . Jim and I have known each other for nearly 10 years, but the time we spent at Crescent Classic allows both of us to call each other a friend, I could not be happier or prouder.

Its been a long day, still have a couple of trucks to unload, thank you everyone, Crescent Classic was a blast!

3. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    I have been to all but the first Crescent. This was truly the best one!!! Not because I won some new Michelins for my 355, but because of the new friends I met and the best roads ever! Can't believe they can get better, but I know Chris, Doug and Scott will some how up it next year.
    Jim, I can't wait to see your pics. It was great meeting and talking with you. Next year will not come fast enough.

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The Best part was seeing all of you DRIVE your cars.

5. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    And how they were driven!!!! The roads were extremely challenging even to those who are accomplished drivers. I think we end up putting on over 600 mile on both the GT40 and the Porsche. It was great to cars like the Luso and P 4/5 driven the entire ralley and driven very well!!

Thanks to Chris, Scott, Doug, and al the sponsors. Another most exceplent event.

6. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Sounds like an incredible time was had by all! Bill and Phyllis Stewart told me this morning that they always enjoy the Crescent Classic but this year was easily the best yet!

I've already begun to lobby for my inclusion in next years shenanigans ;)

7. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Derek,

I will vote for you to come! This year was incredible, but we have a few ideas for Crescent Classic 2013!

Better start packing!

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I was lobbying for you Derek! Jody(i?) and I were both saying how you needed to make it out. I missed Mark too, although I usually only see Mark 1-2 am downtown. :D

9. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    #9 mtmilam, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    Congrats Chris and All for Pulling off another one!!!

Tammy and I missed this one, due to her Breaking her leg and Wrist on a Tree swing over Lake Austin, About a month before the Crescent.....She has about 4 to 6 mos of Rehab ahead of her...( it was a bad break at both places) But we are Looking forward to returning again for 2013.

WE missed everyone and so Glad it Went So Well. Now, Where are the Dang Pictures!! :D

Mark and Tammy Milam
    Lafayette, La
    328 GTS 86'

10. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I am really mad I could not make it this year! :(

11. lrricci

lrricci Rookie

May 21, 2006
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Larry Ricci
    #13 lrricci, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I too am fortunate enough to be a regular at Crescent. This was my 7th year in a row and the event gets better and better each year. Another great job Chris, and your rally crew did an unbelievable job with the drives. Friday morning was my favorite drive with the hills and sweeping turns. Friday nights Disco Party was awesome. Natasha, I and the boys had a great time all week and appreciate all your work to make this possible. A special thanks goes out to Steve for selling me the Stradale. I still can't believe this beauty is mine. You have helped make my dream come true and I greatly appreciate it. The car performed perfectly on the drives and made my Crescent 2012 outstanding. It was great partying with some new and old friends. Can't wait for next year.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    great pics Brian and Larry.

13. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    +1

14. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Sorry I missed the fun guys. Hopefully will be there next year with the Countach and RHD Aventador.

15. 355tsr

355tsr Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2010
    This was my first year to attend, cannot say enough how nice everyone was, how much my wife and i enjoyed it. Will be sure and go again. thanks again Chris for making this possibile

16. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    While I only made it for one day, it was a blast. What a great group of cars and owners. Chris puts everything he has into this event - and it shows. I am absolutely, positively, without-a-doubt, going next year. Not sure which car to bring however....

17. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
  18. Teachdocs

Teachdocs Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2012
    Kansas City area
    Full Name:
    Chad
    #21 Teachdocs, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Have we added a playmate to go with the Alfa?

20. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Happy to oblige. I was fortunate to enjoy the car for a few years and am happy to see it go to a good home. I hope it treats you well for many years to come.

Larry, Brian and others, great pics. Thanks for posting.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    has anyone associated to FCA KC actually kept the same car for more than 2 years!?! :D Chris hasn't been bad lately, but you have to remember the Daytona - F40 run. Scott is like me and never sells, I guess will never loan out anymore either. :eek:

22. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I had the Stradale for 5 years. :( However, I fully admit I have automotove ADD. :))