Pics Nurburgring Old Timers Grand Prix | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pics Nurburgring Old Timers Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by gimmea250swb, Aug 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    Gents:

- I agree with Jim G, my understanding is that CSX2300 is owned by Daniela Ellerbrock/Christian Glasel, and has most recently been driven at the Godwood FOS by Kenny Brack, and was the winner of the 2011 RAC TT at the Goodwood Revival, where the aforementioned Brack shared with Tom Kristensen.

Whilst I have my anorak out, can I check...

- the Alfa Romeo P3 is the ex Peter Groh/Robert Fink example now owned by Josef Rettenmaier

- the Ferrari 512 is ex Robert Horne, now with Larry Kinch

- whats the chassis no of the Maserati 250F?

Here's looking forward to the Goodwood Revival, the Silver Arrows, the Shelby Cup and sunshine..

Thanks

Ed

2. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    have you seen latest Classic And Sportscar?
    there is an article about the car of CG.

3. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
  4. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    these are some great pics!

5. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I removed the replica content. Full content is where it belongs:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378738

I wanted to keep the majority of this conversation in Vintage where more people would see it.

Matt

6. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    I'd probably still be on Facebook even if Jochen wasn't, but getting pics like those almost on a daily basis makes it at least twice as enjoyable to be there.
    He's got a way with words as well. Caption for the 935 pic:
    "The 935 K3 has the nose high, afterburners on and is about to leave the 911 RSR for dead. At the AvD Oldtimer GP German Touring Car Revival."

7. Bjoern Schmidt

Bjoern Schmidt Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    Stuttgart/Germany
    Full Name:
    Bjoern Schmidt
    Hi Ed,

- yes, it was 5003, the ex-Robert Fink P3, but no, it is not owned by J.R.

- the 512 M s/n 1002 is owned by D.R. here in Germany, nothing to do with Larry Kinch.

- I assume you mean the 250 F Piccolo, this was 2533

Regards

Bjoern

8. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Also I love the Cobra but this is Ferrari Chat not Cobra Chat. A brief reference to the Cobra could be made on F Chat with directions to the details at alother location. tongascrew

9. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Sorry about going on a Cobra tangent.

Still it's not that hard just to scroll down, and at least in my opinion, not an uninteresting discussion...

10. Lel

Lel Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2007
    Hi,

no it´s built from the same swedish kit as the Daytona that won last year at Goodwood revival driven by Bräck and Kristensen.

The Nürburgring car is approved by FIA.

L-E

11. AEX31

AEX31 Rookie

May 8, 2008
    Sweden
    Hello,

The Daytona is owned by a good friend of mine, Thomas Henrysson, he has been racing historic cars for decades. He has never claimed that this is a "real" car, and never will.

It is as previously stated approved by FIA. That's it.

Regards

12. m.h.

m.h. Karting

Mar 14, 2005
    Problem is, that the official "Oldtimer Grand Prix" programme shows it as a 1965 car.

So, for the normal spectator it is not possible to realize that it is just a replica. And the people pay entrance fees for "real" cars!

It’s nevertheless not the only replica in the event and the Daytona Coupe is a nice car though, but no part of it is really 1965...

just my 5 cents.

mh

13. Lel

Lel Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2007
    Maybe it´s got some blodtransfusion but the heart is still from 1965.

L-E

14. Hans Castorp

Hans Castorp Rookie

Jan 22, 2010
    People pay entrance fee seeing those great cars in action. They are not interested in chassis numbers. You would be amazed how many of these cars are running remanufactured engines, remanufactured bodies etc. As long as these parts are built to original specs and approved by F.I.A, where is the problem?

Remember, these race cars were built to last one season, 40 or 50 years ago. And often they only survived a few races. If you want to race them today, you need remanufactured parts. Some very dedicated companies supply these parts and they take great care in recreating the parts exactly to original spec, paying tribute to the great people who designed them. There is much effort going into these race cars. They are not "just" replicas. They are not built just to resemble a shape, like replicas/recreations of rare roadgoing cars.

I rather watch a recreated racecar racing than a supposed original race car sitting on a lawn.

15. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Sure, no argument with that. But the event program should make it clear that a car is a replica or a recreation and they seldom, if ever, do.

The organisers want to maximise the paying spectators, so they are "economical" with the truth.

We have a South African built Shelby Daytona replica running in historics here, always described in the program as if it were a real car.

16. m.h.

m.h. Karting

Mar 14, 2005

Thank you Ian,

I have no problem with recreated, rebodied, reengined whatever-it-takes-to-keep-them-running cars. But there are bare replicas running around without being declared as such. Maybe it has a "heart of 1965" but the 65 Cobra’s heart is a bloody Ford Fairlane engine, and the rest of it was made in 20xx... So what of it is really real? It’s simply betrayal, and nothing else.

Or would the organizers won’t have a problem with being paid not with real money but with counterfeit declared as "as-if-money"...

Michael

17. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    Bjoern - many thanks for the answers, I've updated my records. PM with your mobile if you will be at the Revival

Regards

Ed

18. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    ROFL

at the entry gate: "here's my $20 for a ticket. Its just like an original $20 note, but I made it with new paper and fresh ink AND with a new serial number from classiche!"

19. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    #44 Jota 5084, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thomas Henrysson`s car, this car was at the Falkenberg Classic this weekend.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #45 -CD-, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes, it was a hard kiss... :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login