Mas GTS With 599 Tranny | FerrariChat

Mas GTS With 599 Tranny

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by raider1968, Aug 15, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Does anybody know how many 2009 GTS's were made with the Ferrari 599 super fast transmission? Also, how many were shipped to the US before the DOT stopped them?

2. Maserati Blue

Maserati Blue Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    You mean the MC-Shift? Officially, I don't think any MC-Shift cars made it to the US.

If I remember correctly the official line was to send the Automatic variant only. Which affected the GT MC Stradale, which was watered-down for the US market (essentially it is a GT with a Stradale body-kit).

BUT, I do remember some rumor that special clients who paid crazy money, got EU cars delivered to the US. As I said, just a rumor...

3. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    No, I mean a 599 F! transmission - i have one - they were only made in 2009 - there is no shifter knob - the US stopped importation after a number of them were sent to the US - a Ferrari dealer owner told me they made them to promote the MS2 but never really did the promotion and then the feds steped in and said no more without crash testing so the rest were sold overseas

4. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    The dealer told me less than 330 made for US market. I've been meaning it write the factory to see if they respond (or even know!) how many.

5. Maserati Blue

Maserati Blue Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2010
    Europe
    Ah, you must be referring to the cc gearbox in the early GT's of 2009. Yes those got stopped eventually and the rest became Automatics. The evolution of your gearbox became the MC-Shift, which was never sold to the US.

Yours is of course a lot sportier than the Automatic GT's but you need an occasional clutch change that can be a rather expensive job. You are very lucky to have one of those few special cars.

Sorry I don't know the exact numbers.

6. KB458

KB458 Rookie

Sep 14, 2010
    Jenks, Oklahoma
    I owned a 2009 GT-S with the F1. When I bought it it was one of the last ones coming in and I was told that approx. 150 had made US soil. I replaced it with the new GT-MC a few months ago. A totally different feel and sound. I wish I had the GT-S back.