Accessing The Owners Forum | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Accessing The Owners Forum

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by NeuroBeaker, Aug 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    I would have thought there are more than just the 2 ways of proving you actually own a Ferrari.
    1) Send the FIVA or FIA or similar doc
    2) An event entry list with your car and name listed.
    3) An individual who is generally known to own a Ferrari.

Thats enough.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    how do any of these help you meet other users in person? that is the main reason.

3. rviant

rviant Karting

Jan 22, 2004
    Bedfordshire
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Ok i am sure Burianna, Steve F, Rob Hudson,Hazy, or Ditomaso can verify i have a Ferrari360 spider then ;)

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    need to be subscribed and then you are in! ;)

5. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Is this section like those nightclubs who make people Q up outside knowing there is no one in there in an attempt to make the place look bettet than it is whilst those in the know continue having a good time elsewhere?

6. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Nope.

Membership gives you access to the elusive F50...

:)

Kai

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    well, Club Scud only had 2,250 posts last 30 days. FChat owners didn't have quite that many, but FChat did have 80,000. :D Or are you talking about Piston Heads? ;) :D

8. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    I was talking about the 'non owners' areas of this forum being far more popular and productive than the 'owners section'. Not other forums.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't know if "productive" is the right word, but what you explained is the exact reason many like it so much. By the time you buy a Ferrari, subscribe, find out there is an owners forum, and go through the verification process you are left with a "everyone knows your name" quality section with less noise or trolling. I know some prefer the noise and trolling, but others don't. :)

10. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    ....grey hair, a cane and dementia?

11. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    I'm sure an owners section would be good and it would be something i would deem worthy of subscribing to the forum for, but the verification process is far too time consuming and annoying for me to bother with. Just my opinion though.

12. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Your opinion is shared with quite a few folks who aren't currently members of the O.F.

Those who really want in simply attend a local C&C event with other F-Chatters and
    send the 3 usernames in a PM to Tifosi12 and they're in. It took me all of 5 minutes to get approved
    by this method (once the 3 members had replied back to him of course - so add a few hours for that)

To each his own, of course - but the rules are the rules.

Jedi

13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hi there

Are any members of the SouthWest Owners Club or Cotwolds Owners Club groups on FChat (Steve Ottiavianelli, Barry Walker, Ralph etc), as they would all be able to verify me easily.

Trouble with the UK is that we don't have 'cars and coffee' and such here, and the owners clubs don't operate all that regularly so aside from that, I think my closest chatter is an hour or so away, and the next is two hours...... It's a lot of miles just to prove we've got the cars we say we have (and of course have registration docs, mot docs, service records with names and addresses on, road tax bills etc etc, and of course pics and videos!)

Mind you, here's a thought, silver stone 15th September, Ferrari racing days, why don't we arrange a quick meet there to take names and cars at the FOC display area, and we can mass verify?

I'm there Saturday (to join in the on track record attempt), anyone else going?

14. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Only about a thousand others - all it needs is for the verifiers to be aware of their role and visible to those seeking to pledge their allegiance

15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I'm figuring if we set a place at the event, and a time best to meet up, then it can be quick and easy

Maybe do it by car and reg number?

16. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Morning Chaps,

Just picked up on Al's North Yorkshire thread, can someone put me in the right direction for ca clubs, meet up etc in our area.

08 F430 F1 - owner. Black on black.

Any info is much appreciated.

17. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There's the owners club plus a couple of websites in the UK to look out for

18. Foster

Foster Rookie

Sep 29, 2014
    Purley
    Full Name:
    David Foster
    Are any of the moderators going to Beaulieu on the 27th? As I could demonstrate my ownership there. I will be easy to find I will be in a Verde Medio 308, I suspect it will be the only one in that colour.

19. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Afraid it's very unlikely any moderators will be there. I'm the only one presently in the country and I can't make it. :eek:

Perhaps three other forum members will attend and be able to verify you. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

20. Foster

Foster Rookie

Sep 29, 2014
    Purley
    Full Name:
    David Foster
    Is there any other way ? I have a FOC UK dating certificate I used to import it or a copy of of the V5 ? My FOC. concourse entry form ?

21. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The Owners Forum is a social area and so the method of entry is social. Maybe start a new thread about the Beaulieu event? You just need 3 FChatters to vouch for you to say they've met you and saw your car. Then you'll have access while you maintain an active subscription (either Silver or Rossa). I'm sure you'll be able to find 3 folks there. :)

It's important to note that the method of verification for entry was set by the members of the Owners Forum and not by the site administrator or moderators. Therefore, other methods of verification are not available.

All the best,
    Andrew.

22. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Beaker has a good suggestion, just start a thread "about your trip" there.

Ask chatters to look for your green car, and say hello!
    Should be easy.....

Three members or only one Moderator, but I have not kept up, with who our current Mods are, in the UK Section...who else, Beaks??
    You are still in Scotland?

23. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Just me in the UK at the moment. Yes, I'm in Scotland. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

24. GAVIT

GAVIT Rookie

Nov 27, 2016
    As a paid up member of FC the rules for 'verifying ownership' are simply ridiculous. It is supposed to be a 'club' and a 'forum' not a secret society from the dark ages.

There are a lot of forums out there so competition for subscribers is fierce, so why make it so difficult?

25. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The entry requirements are set by the existing members of the owners forum and not by FerrariChat's administrators or volunteer moderators. They feel this encourages people to be more social with their cars.

As I'm not yet an owner myself, I cannot see into that forum either. I hear it's mainly about organizing social gatherings though. If meeting three other members with your car is too difficult to arrange for you, I don't think you'd find any value in being a member of the owners forum so really aren't missing out.

All the best,
    Andrew.