Car Show Grove Oklahoma - Grand Lake | FerrariChat

Car Show Grove Oklahoma - Grand Lake

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Masher44, May 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    #1 Masher44, May 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Feel free to ask any questions here or drop me a line. Hope everyone can make it. Even the St. Louis finger sniffers. This will be a great time and for a GREAT cause.

FIRST ANNUAL
    CARS FOR CRITTERS
    In conjunction with the incredibly successful “Hoe Down” benefitting our furry friends in Grove Oklahoma.
    The Humane Society of Grove and Grand Lake is proud to present this truly unique event.
    August 18th
    Grove Civic Center, Grove Oklahoma 1-5 pm
    The Humane Society is pleased to present, FREE of charge, the First Annual “Cars for Critters” Car show in Grove Oklahoma. This is an INDOOR car show that will allow visitors to view some of the most incredible cars in the world. Come bring the family to view everything from European Exotics such as Lamborghinis, Porsches and Ferraris, Classic American cars, complete customs cars, brand new American supercars and the ever popular American Muscle cars. The Grove Civic Center is a perfect location. It is able to provide us an INDOOR facility safe from the weather, with more than ample security of being in a locked building with security on site. The cars can remain overnight as well, if necessary.
    This is going to be the first time in the area where such magnificent vehicles will be on display for viewing, picture taking and even rides in some of the cars you can only dream about. If you ever wanted to get up close and personal with some of the greatest cars in the world, this could be the opportunity of a lifetime.
    This event is FREE for everyone! Donations to the Humane Society are encouraged. Hot Dogs/Bratwurst and Bratwurst along with side dishes and drinks will also be provided FREE of charge by my company, The Preserve at Grand Lake.
    Our furry friends need our help. The Humane Society is a “no kill” shelter. They provide non-stop, tireless effort to further help our local animal population, ultimately placing hundreds of animals with loving homes. They require events like this to help with the incredible expenses associated with the shelter to save the lives of innocent animals throughout the area.
    Several local businesses and people have offered countless donations and hours to this event along with others they hold each year. I am hoping the individuals fortunate enough to be able to own these vehicles will be able to bring down their car(s) for kids of all ages to view. As car guys, we all remember the first glimpse of a Corvette or Ferrari we had, and we were all hooked, “Someday I will own one of those cars!” Whether we were watching The Dukes of Hazard, Magnum PI, Smokey and The Bandit, James Bond or The Cannonball Run Movies, we were all hooked as kids and now we have the chance to offer our beautiful cars, and our stories to the local community at Grand Lake and we know that several kids will see our cars at this event and be hooked, like we were.

As owners, we all struggle with places to congregate and talk shop with other owners. Grand Lake has some of the best roads in the area to cruise and this event will provide an INDOOR, secure area for us to remain immune to the weather and have our vehicles we worked hard to obtain, build, customize and maintain on display for other enthusiasts to enjoy.
    All unique vehicles are welcome, if it’s cool, it’s welcome. From the most expensive exotics, to American Classics, to Japanese tuners, to brand new Corvettes, Mustangs and Camaros. I have several commitments already, and we need more.
    We are lucky to have this site for the event. The Hoe Down event that same evening will offer dinner and a local band for entertainment. You are more than welcome to spend the night and attend the event. Tickets are 30$. There are several hotels in the area, some within walking distance. Did I mention the wonderful roads in the area????
    As a local Grand Lake resident, businessman, car enthusiast and owner, I am hoping to give back to the community. The Humane Society is severely underfunded and desperate to expand their facilities to continue to provide happy, healthy animals for decades to come with larger, more sophisticated facilities.
    Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated. I welcome any questions you have. If you would like to attend, please feel free to email me with any questions: Jim Barbuto at [email protected], 817-909-5943. Or if you would like to register, please fill out the information below and return. Thank You.
    Name:
    Address:
    Telephone:
    Email:
    Vehicle(s): (make, model, year and color)
    Entrance to civic center will begin at 4pm Friday evening for those who are staying the weekend, and 9am Saturday Morning. Locked storage for the weekend and access to your car will be 24 hours a day. Your baby will be safe at all times, locked away.
    Once again, I thank you for your time and assistance in making The Humane Society a much better place. Our animals of the world deserve it and you are making a difference as 100% of all donations will go to the Humane Society and their tireless efforts towards our animal friends.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. waterboy222

waterboy222 Karting

Dec 29, 2009
    Grand Lake, OK
    I will be there and trying to rally a few other locals to come out. Great cause!

Will we be allowed to bring dogs? I'd really like to bring my rescued Jack with me so people can see the end result of adoption over breeders..

3. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    All animals are welcome. We already have 15 cars signed up. Space filling up quickly.

4. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Bump for what is sizing up to be a great show for a great cause. Caffeine and Gasoline Tulsa is supporting this event and working on pushing participants your way.

Curt

5. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Thanks Curt! Up to 20 cars thru today. Some amazing machines.

6. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    So how many cars do you have room for

7. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    About 50 inside. We will try to group them as best as possible. Based on initial response, we will be at full capacity soon.

8. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Some entries thus far:

Several American classics - 66 GTO convertible. 66 Mustang Convertible. 62 Ford GT. 05 Ford GT. Two Ford Galaxies. Three mid year vettes.

Three Lamborghinis

Five Ferraris

Three Porsches

I have already upped the food and beverages to include some locally smoked BBQ and ribs. Gotta feed everyone. Also there will be some of the best pig I've ever tasted that can be taken home. Full pork butts and ribs. All benefitting the Humane Society.

Event is morphing each day. The support locally has been incredible. Rest assured the folks helping out will make this a very fun time. Several "fun" awards will be given out along with a few Best in Show Awards.

Several raffle prizes and other items will be up for bid both at the car show and the evening festivities.

9. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    My brother has a place on Grand, will let him know about the show.

10. waterboy222

waterboy222 Karting

Dec 29, 2009
    Grand Lake, OK
  11. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I am sure a couple of us can come from Joplin. I will plan to come as long as I am not on call. It is a little too far out to get the call schedule done for august. Will let you know.

12. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    I would like to attend with my 2000 Corvette but wasn't able to open the file to fill out so here is some info for you,

Robert Bean
    133 North Cummings
    Bartlesville, OK
    620-926-1375
    [email protected]

13. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    About 25 cars and counting. Now we have a DJ and lots of good eats.

Air conditioned car show. Can't beat that!

14. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    What time do we need to be there friday if we want to leave our car over night there

15. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Haven't set up any times yet.

16. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    09 yellow pearl LP560 joined now

The Godfather is BACK!

17. waterboy222

waterboy222 Karting

Dec 29, 2009
    Grand Lake, OK
    #17 waterboy222, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looking forward to meeting everyone.. I'm bringing my car the night before..

We have also secured a very experienced detailer (many of you guys already use him) to assist in cleaning anyone up that wants it before the show.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
  19. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    How about a list of cars that are going to be there so far as of now

20. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Partial since I'm not at my computer:

2011 911 Turbo S
    07 599 HGTE
    03 360
    09 560-4
    09 560-4
    05 Ford GT
    08 Scuderia
    08 Scuderia
    05 430
    08 Gallardo rag top
    62 Ford GT
    66 GTO
    66 Mustang
    56 Bel Air
    12 Camaro
    11 Camaro
    10 Camaro
    12 Custom Duramax
    09 Scuderia
    12 Lingenfelter Grand Sport
    06 Corvette
    66 Vette
    62 Ford Galaxy (2)

Several others from owners that have not decided which one they will bring and several other exotics from the Tulsa group. Several other local American Classics.

About 30-35 total so far.

We have all food and refreshment covered and a DJ. We will have a couple custom trucks and boats there as well.

21. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Anymore info on like what time we need to be at the civic center. Would like to get set up and get the car detailed before the show

22. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    11am

23. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    60+ cars heading into the weekend.

24. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas