110F Oklahoma City. | FerrariChat

110F Oklahoma City.

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Turbo360, Jul 2, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    I was passing through there last week on I-40 in the daytime and the temp gauge for the outside ambeint temp read 110F how do you guys cope with that sort of weather. Btw what is that white Star looking monument that is on I-40 on supposed to mean in the down town section ?

2. waterboy222

waterboy222 Karting

Dec 29, 2009
    Grand Lake, OK
    Capitol of Oklahoma.. And yes, 110 SUCKS but thank God for the lake! I've lived in lake water up to my ears for the last month.. I don't even take the car out during the day anymore..

3. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    It's brutal. I was sitting outside Saturday night and sweat pouring off me. I just got back from MA and it was in the high 40s at night and only mid 70s during the day. Headed back up north next week. The weather here in OK sucks horribly and it will be the main reason I bolt from here soon. Too much.

4. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    the further west I kept heading the out side temp gauge kept going up, even though having the A/C on it still the sun just wants to burn up your arm in the window.

Going from OKC to Portland was truly a refreshing experience, 68F and very light rain + all of those pine trees provide a very nice cooling effect :).

5. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    Yeah you've heard of winter storage, well in Oklahoma it's summer storage.

6. Ettie

Ettie Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    If I ever have the means, I will have a summer home because of the crazy summer temps in Oklahoma.

7. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    No doubt. It's horrible. Not Ferrari weather at all. I can't wait until October. Yesterday, OKC was confirmed the hottest place in the U.S.... even hotter than Death Valley. Doesn't go well with an old Ferrari. Poor girl can't keep up and you just roast inside. Supposed to be 112 today. Please Lord, let it STOP!

8. onewhippedpuppy

Jul 25, 2012
    Wichita, KS
    Full Name:
    Matt J
    Stay inside.:). KS is no better, I'm in Vegas right now and it's a HUGE relief compared to back home. This is why tinted windows and cold A/C are essential to our cars. I once tried to daily drive a 1970 Porsche 911T with no A/C, that didn't last long once summer hit.

The only place tolerable right now is on the lake with a cold beer in my hand.

9. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Looks like within in the next 20 minutes will be our our second rainstorm in 2 months here in Omaha.

10. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Congrats. wish it would come our way. :(

11. Ettie

Ettie Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    I'm hoping the October c&c OKC will bring out the older Italians, that'll be about the time the heat really breaks for the year.

12. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    No doubt. That's the best time of year in my opinion.

13. onewhippedpuppy

Jul 25, 2012
    Wichita, KS
    Full Name:
    Matt J
  14. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
  15. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    Boise City, OK

I will never go through that place again, that US287 is speed trap central. This highway runs north to south from Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas. Total mistake.

Unmarked tribal police cars.
    Bent rims.
    Pulled over for going 63 in a 60

Passed through a town called *Dumas*Tx turned out to be a cattle town and oh my god, the car smelled awaful the next morning took 2 visits to the car wash to get the smell out of the car.

My clothing was not even worth saving, tossed all of it bought new threads after that.

16. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    Pak ya kars ?

17. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    Dude, I picked up a customers car in Denver, drove down to Galveston to drop it off at RO-RO service to send Rotterdam, my god it was hot and painful.

all I can say was my stop over at this place in North Houston.
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/houln-springhill-suites-houston-the-woodlands/

I didnt even get up the next AM it was just such good stay.

I headed down to Galveston, my god it was 83F at 5:30am at the beach in Galveston.