The Alberta Thread! | Page 212 | FerrariChat

The Alberta Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by brim, Jan 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarirules

ferrarirules Rookie

Feb 28, 2009
    #5276 ferrarirules, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks to everyone that comes down to C and C at distinctive Collection, sorry i didnt get to meet you Chris. Its been a busy winter and it looks like summer will be just the same.
    it looks more like an Italian car dealer in the workshop but we cant forget all the other works of art in here.
    Thanks
    Steve
    In the Distinctive workshop
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TBO

TBO Karting

Sep 13, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Hey guys, does anyone know if ZR Auto will be having a Father's day car show this year? I had heard that they were planning to have one to celebrate their new location, not sure if it got canceled?

3. Racer44

Racer44 Karting

Jul 18, 2009
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #5278 Racer44, Jun 16, 2012
    Not into the ZrAuto "scene" but I believe they are having a fathers Day show.......in EDMONTON!

4. Racer44

Racer44 Karting

Jul 18, 2009
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Middle of summer and no posts for 5 days. Even the Manitoba section gets more posts than us. Back to the Corvette forum. Will check back in 5 more days.

5. prototypefan

prototypefan Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2005
    ab, canada
    The FCA Alberta boys were out in strength on 17th ave at Melrose Bar and Grill. There were 20+ F cars there. Some of them were fully prepared for a drive out to BC for the weekend festivities.

Great cars, great food and great company. Awesome all around.

6. Hannah

Hannah Karting

May 7, 2005
    Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    Hannah
    #5281 Hannah, Jun 26, 2012
    Hi that was last year's poster...June 19th...they were here...in the rain :cool:

There will be an exotic car showing on Rice Howard Way, downtown during Indy Race Week next month

7. zorro

zorro Karting

Jul 16, 2011
    Hello everyone,

I understand that Ferrari of Alberta will be show casing two special vintage cars on Friday July 1st for their First Friday event. My wife and I attended their first (First Friday) and it was really cool to see the great turn out of cars, can't wait to see the cars they're show casing Friday.

Cheers,

Francesco

8. Racer44

Racer44 Karting

Jul 18, 2009
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Hmmm, sorry, I am confused. You posted this info about July 1 today, which according to my calendar, is July 5th.

9. 430tdf

430tdf Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    It’s not July 1st.

It’s the first Friday of the month, which is today July 6th.

10. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    That purple diablo SE30 is to die for. What a beaut

11. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    It was VERY sexy....thats why I took so many pics. ZR Auto in Calgary also has a purple SE as well as a Gold car. see goldie here

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-189731.html

and if I remember correctly the purple at ZR is a 30th anniversary SE which I think is the same car here http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahs_slice_of_pie/4970078140/in/photostream

I have pics just have to find them and I'll upload!!

Chris

12. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home

The owner is (was?) a member here and it shares garage space with some other awesome machines. Unfortunately, I don't think he's been on here since the great Alberta thread exodus of a few years ago. Mighty quiet on here since (despite a bunch of great exotic stuff going on) :(

13. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    We know. But Zorro said July 1st. But probably by mistake.

No reason for that reason. All has been smmmooth sailing everywhere else ;)

Don't think there is a Canadian section built up to this caliber anywhere on the net. If there is...show me :)

14. Alex Matilda

Alex Matilda Rookie

Mar 12, 2012
  15. ferrarirules

ferrarirules Rookie

Feb 28, 2009
    Hey Alex

Drop by and see us down at Distinctive Collection it will be my pleasure to help you out with the inspection. There is some pictures on here of our workshop and some of the cars
    Regards
    Steve
    DC Ferrari and Lamborghini

16. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    The FCA Alberta Chapter will be hosting a display of new and vintage Ferraris and Italian cars at this year's show.

This is one of the biggest car shows of the year in the Calgary area! The Alberta Chapter of the FCA invites you to overwhelm Stanley Park in the largest public display of Ferrari's in Western Canada. The Italian car class is the largest class of the show every year we have been participating in it.

To register: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3634117744
    Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/52598308@N07/sets/72157624631997396/

New cars are also welcome! It's not just for classic cars.

17. jayjay

jayjay Rookie

Sep 30, 2011
    To all my Edmonton and surronding area Ferrari owners/enthusiasts: I recently started discussions with Ferrari USA about opening up a dealership right here in Edmonton. They are now considering my proposal but of course, nothing is set in stone currently.

I grew up and lived in Edmonton pretty much all my life and have witnessed the growth of Ferrari's here. The influx of Ferraris in this city is quite apparent as Edmonton has become more and more affluent. My question is simple: would you and other current Ferrari owners support a Edmonton dealership?

It appears FMOA has both the Edmonton & Calgary markets locked down but I believe Alberta can support two dealerships. Plus, this dealership would be more capable to service the locally owned Ferraris.

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Jay

18. Racer44

Racer44 Karting

Jul 18, 2009
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Tony

I would be surprised if you were awarded one, maybe if there wasn't already one in Alberta, but with the ownership group that owns the Calgary one, good luck to you.

19. TBO

TBO Karting

Sep 13, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Did anyone here go to the European Classic Car show last week? I'd love to see pics :D

20. MD911

MD911 Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2007
    How many Ferrari's are in Edmonton?

21. TheMac

TheMac Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2009
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Jon Mac
    #5297 TheMac, Jul 27, 2012
    European Car Show put on by the Vintage Sports Car Club of Calgary July 21, 2012. I apologize for the (lack of) quality of most of these pictures. I was rushing just to get a few quick shots. The Iso Grifo there was gorgeous, and I think it was the first time it was shown since restoration. The two red 308s there are early cars, the GTB is a 1977 and the GTS a 1978, if I recall correctly. Conspicuous by their absence from my photographs are the MB 300SL and the Lamborghini 400GT that were there. Lots of Triumphs at the show, some nice Jags... a lot of stuff I just didn't get around to photographing!

22. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Jay,

Indeed, there are a number of cool cars in Edmonton, however, I think it would be difficult to support a dedicated Ferrari/Maserati dealership here... simply because we just do not have the population or car base and a very short driving season. What do you do in the Winter time... Restos? If one Looks at Eurasia, etc and you can see that they cater to a number of different makes and I believe it is because they have to.

Secondly, given FNA's dealership requirements (size, look, etc) I think that this cost alone would be difficult to amortize let alone the actual tool and personnel setup costs. Adding to this is the increased cost of doing business here in Edmonton. Land costs, construction costs, commercial property taxes, etc have all risen double digits and at times double digits per year!... I am not trying to be negative, but the large upfront costs coupled with our small population base makes the business case a tough sell.

Cheers,

Sam

23. ferrari550

ferrari550 Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Calgary
    2 Black Porsche Carrera GTs on the highway heading towards Calgary around noon today.

24. TBO

TBO Karting

Sep 13, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Thanks Jon, looks like it was a fun day.