Went to my garage this morning and my 360 was missing! | FerrariChat

Went to my garage this morning and my 360 was missing!

Discussion in '360/430' started by raptorduck, Jun 8, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raptorduck

raptorduck Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mr. Raptorduck
    #1 raptorduck, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
    It's Ferrari Friday. So like I do every Friday morning, I went out to my garage to drive my 360 spider to work only to find it was not there!

"Where the hell is my car!" I thought. Then, damn, it hit me "I sold it!" I what?

Seller's remorse sucks! It went to a good home, to another guy with a nice stable of exotics like me. A guy who knew more about 360's than I did and knew exactly what he was getting, a prime example of the species. I will probably see it around as it is staying in the immediate area.

But now what? I am Ferrariless. Do I even keep posting here? What about all my Ferrari branded clothing, and shoes, and models, and bags, and backpacks, and car seats, and flags, and mugs, and mouse pads, underwear, dish rags, books, tookpicks?

And what about my kids? They expect toys on Ferrari Friday. It is their favorite day of the week. They are going to kill me!

Oh yea, I have been looking at other Ferraris, the California and a 430 spider. But I can take forever to buy a car, or not long at all.

What do I do in the meantime? Who am I now? How do I think? What do I think? Help! :(

2. waterboy222

waterboy222 Karting

Dec 29, 2009
    Grand Lake, OK
    I've been needing a ferrari dishrag!

3. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Wow, I didn't know your 360 was for sale. I know you have been contemplating getting another convertible, preferable with a back seat, and discussed a California, Maserati, Bentley, but I didn't think you were going to sell the 360 without having a replacement.

4. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    Been there done that! The only way to solve it is to get back into a Ferrari. Problem solved. Will someone here help him out?!

5. BigWilly

BigWilly Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2009
    Sounds like a true dilemma...I would head straight to the strip bar for a liquid lunch and plan your next move.

6. raptorduck

raptorduck Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mr. Raptorduck
    I just realized, my avatar is not a lie, a complete lie now. I don't own that car any more. Am I infringing the buyer's trade dress?

7. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    haha yeah I remember when I was carless.. it was an empty feeling. It's not a good feeling u might rush to something, kind of like grocery shopping when hungry.

My goal is to have a Ferrari no matter what... so maybe buy a keeper u wont trade that isn't too expensive, like a 355 or something, while u shop for 430s and Calis.

8. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I have only owned my 430 for 3 weeks and can't imagine ever not owning a Ferrari!!! I feel as though it is be coming part of my identity!!! My car is at classic coach getting the calipers painted from black to red and unfortunately it is going to have to stay there over the weekend... I actually contemplated bringing the car home for the weekend even though it is supposed to rain this weekend :-/ my girlfriend thinks I am crazy but I tell her if I am crazy then there is a whole lota crazy on Fchat!!! I don't think I will ever sell!!! I'm in love!!! Forza Ferrari!!!

9. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    Mr duck,

Why not grab a BMW S1000RR, take off the turn signals, drive some safety wire through bolts that hold fluid, set traction control to "slick", and TAKE IT OUT ON THE TRACK! They wont know what hit them. Nothing beats racing though some anger.

My condolences until you have your next F.

10. raptorduck

raptorduck Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mr. Raptorduck
    I had 4 other cars and two motorcycles to choose from to drive on Ferrari Friday today. I picked my only other red covertable, my S54 M Roadster. Even though "that" is actually my all time favorite car, I felt like I was cheating on the entire Ferrari brand today and have been washing my hands all morning.

I won't even remove the 1:18 model of a 360 spider on my desk at work. I am in denial! :(

11. DoctorWill

DoctorWill Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2010
    Playa Vista
    Full Name:
    Will
    You need to call and admit yourself to Ferrari rehab to be safely tapered off of your Ferrarism under medical supervision...Take it one day at a time and start going to Ferrari Anonymous today!

12. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I too am a fan of Ferrari Friday and Saturday! I also have Porsche Monday

13. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    I feel the same way! My 4 yo daughter keeps asking: daddy is your car still broken? I told her it was in the shop. It was sad seeing my 430 drive away last month. Every time I feel like I want to go for a drive I am reminded of that empty feeling. And wearing Ferrari stuff doesn't feel right either. 'Do you own a Ferrari?'. Uh yea I used to and should have another one shortly. 'yea sure buddy'.

Gotta stay patient for the right car but it's so hard!

14. alohamickey

alohamickey Karting

Sep 23, 2004
    San Clemente CA
    Full Name:
    Mickey
    I was hoping your deal fell through too!

I was the one that emailed you from Carlsbad...

15. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    A day without a Ferrari is like a day without sunshine.

Sorry for your loss. I see a 12 step withdrawal program in your future.

Maybe your dealer has a short term lease he can put you into while you shop around. :cool:

16. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    #16 Need4Spd, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
    Yes, a shock to me, too, although it's not like he's lacking for other nice cars to drive!

Have you tried driving the new 911? Some say the Carrera S is so good you'll not really want to drive anything else, but even if that's not quite true, it's certainly something to fill the void while you hunt down that "perfect" 430 spider (or wait out delivery of a 458 spider). Oh, and the current issue of Forza has a Buyer's Guide to F430s.

17. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I get depressed when my Ferrari is in the shop for a few days. One of the main reasons that ONE IS NOT ENOUGH for me. lol.

Get that 430 vs. California decision out of the way and pull the trigger.

Cheers,

George

18. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Porsches are nice cars. It's like kissing your sister.

And I own a 2011 Boxster S. It is a great car for the money. But...

(Yes, we could have a 911. They just do not melt my butter. Fugly, back seat, etc.)

19. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    LOL!

20. auclutch

auclutch Karting

Sep 25, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    lol lol