The New NSX | Page 6 | FerrariChat

The New NSX

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by PaulK, Nov 28, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    I agree, and say it as a huge Honda fan. Honda isn't the same company it used to be, and this NSX is another proof. The last good car from them the S2000. Too much of these cars is coming from American offices these days.

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Just saw it at ny auto show. Never liked old ones and dont like honda in general but this thing is very very nice. Makes r8 look like last decades design that it is. If they can put 400 hp v6 plus hybrid and under 3500 lbs for about 125k its a real winner

3. ajnsx

ajnsx Rookie

Jun 14, 2005
    japan
    Full Name:
    aaron
    dont forget jet black tinted windows to make the cars look solid

4. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    This looks like an R8 mated with that BMW concept car (can't remember the name).

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Too true. Even the MDX got muckied up by the US design team. New NSX small greenhouse area means another high beltline car. Why bother when you can just get an R8. It's what happens when MBA's take over from engineers and marketeers clinic.

6. nuclear

nuclear Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    Olympia WA.
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    After much reading on this site, I am forgoing the Ferrari and getting an older NSX. For those who have one, does it hit the same spot as a Ferrari? Or do you still wish for one?

7. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I'm not speaking for anyone but myself and frankly I would rather have an NSX first and then add a Ferrari to the stable. Less expensive and alot less maintenance intensive and OH MY GOD the shape and lines!

Flame suit on!!!

8. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I have a friend who sold all his exotics several years ago except for his NSX. That says a lot to me.

9. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Several of my friends had them. "nice car but under powered" was a common theme.

10. M Baker

M Baker Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2010
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Except for supercars like the F40 and 959 about every car introduced 21 years ago is underpowered compared to what is being introduced these days. Even the 375HP C4 ZR1 we were amazed with back in 1990 is a yawn now.

11. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Hp to weight ratio is what matters.

12. NousDefions

NousDefions F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    NC
    Full Name:
    Brian
    It's a fantastic car. Mine had a Comptech blower on it which put it in a different league power wise from stock, and much more fun.

13. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  14. solofast

solofast Formula 3

Oct 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    It's not just the photoshop folks, it's endemic in the industry too. You look at the renderings that are used to sell a car to management and they look nothing like the final product. I'd love to see the concept renderings for the new Vette... The problem is that if you use those proportions, tires and clearances, the car ends up looking like a caricature when it is all finished. Sorry but if I was head of styling I'd lay off any of stylist that can't show me what the real "finished" car is going to look like. And while the guys doing the styling have loads of artistic talent, their taste is all in their mouths... JMHO