looking for a 456 manual | FerrariChat

looking for a 456 manual

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Shield, May 8, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Shield

The Shield Rookie

May 8, 2012
    San Leandro, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Josh Mitchell
    Today was a sad day for me. I had agreed to buy a blue/tan 1995 456M with only 17k miles on it for way below market value. Well as the old saying goes - too good to be true....it was. The owner of the car did not follow thru on the sale to the dealer and therefore I lost out on the bargain 456.

So I am back looking for my 1st Ferrari. Ideally I will find another 456 at a good price. There are other models I would also love to own, but i think the 456 is the one for me right now. Please feel free to message me if you come across one you feel is a good value. [email protected]

2. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
    I looked at and drove this one in San Clemente 2 months ago. Excellent condition. Seller just had the car completely gone through at the dealer and he spent 10k in the process, so you are set for service for a long time. Price is up there, but it can't hurt to make an offer. He will tell you why he is selling--he is motivated to raise some cash. He is a total gearhead with multiple Pcars in his stable.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=94044&endYear=2013&modelCode1=456GT&startYear=1981&makeCode1=FER&searchRadius=0&listingId=317423068&Log=0

I also looked at and drove the silver 456M on ebay that is in Miami (Kessler Motors). Not as pristine, and I could not detect that much of a differnce between the M and the regular. They paid 50k at the auction, and the car was for sale forever for 60k by the previous owner, but it had terrible sticky disease and less service done.

3. 360stradaleboy

May 24, 2011
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Ayrton S.
    I saw a 456 recently on cars.com and it was manual but not sure about the condition because i did not really look into it. But I know there was a 456 manual about 3 days ago on Car.com

Good luck and post pics when you get whatever you end up buying!

4. tajaro

tajaro Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Gulfport Florida
    Full Name:
    Erik V
  5. alexford

alexford Rookie

Apr 1, 2012
    Simi Valley, Ca., US
    Full Name:
    Alex Ford
    Pony up and come to the October 2012 Ferrari event in Palm Springs Ca. and be with some of the finest Ferrari in the world! Zioo

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have some information on a blue on in NYC, unless that was your seller....I swapped a few Private Messages with him about the car..

He was looking for $68K - $72K tho......

Ferrari of Houston had an early 6 speed in red/black looking for $55K on consignment, about a year ago, maybe Joe M. there can still get that one?