Just bought a Mondial!!! | FerrariChat

Just bought a Mondial!!!

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by treedee3d, Mar 29, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    #1 treedee3d, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Actually, I'm posting this for a friend who just bought a Mondial today on eBay.

This is the link to the car from the dealer:

http://the-burt-collection.ebizautos.com/detail-1985-ferrari-mondial-quattrovalvole-used-6823710.html

This is the link to the eBay auction my friend won:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220983541292&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:CA:3160

Vin number is ZFFLC15S000055975

I myself don't hang around much in this room since I own a 355 and I post mostly in the other forum but I would love to know if anyone here knows this car?

I've advised my friend that Fchat is a great place and told him to register and start posting here and it is a great wealth of knowledge.

The purchase was instinctive so no PPI, no test drive, nothing was done. Purchase price was 20k. Carfax report was clean.

Does anyone know this dealer? Is he reputable?

He hasn't paid for the car yet because he's unsure if he wants to fly down there to have a look and then make the payment in person or just pay it, have it shipped and live with the purchase no matter what?

Anyway, any advice you guys may have is welcome and very appreciated.

Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    Congrats to your friend!

I bought my car sight unseen off of eBay and had it shipped from Florida to my house in Texas. The car arrived in better condition than I expected, so it worked out well for me. It had been looked at previously, however, by a fellow FChatter (or two), so I wasn't flying 100% blind.

That said, if your friend has the time to spare, this is about the best time of the year to drive a Mondial topless!

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #3 Wade, Mar 29, 2012
    Looks nice in pictures and I wish him the best.

BTW, he may want to check the date codes on those TRX tires before he drives the car... they're probably vintage, along with the cam belts as well.

Also, the windshield fluid reservoir is out of place.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Congrats to your friend, it seems you Canucks are confiscating all the Mondials of late :)

I think your friend needs to just pay and have it delivered in keeping with the spirit of how ebay works. I'm an eBay fan and have purchased 10 cars this way, no regrets. Although I didn't buy my Ferrari on eBay.

I got a full PPi and knew what I was getting into but it really didn't make a difference since just about everything on my car has been serviced in one form or another. I think PPI are good to detect a wreck or not but other than that, just figure on a complete service and 10k+

I hope we get to meet him here soon

5. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Congrats to him.

One more Ferrari in Quebec ;-) I suppose!

I just bought a Mondial 3.2 here on Ferrarichat last week.

Can we really go wrong in the very low 20k?

The car may need some work but I'm sure he will enjoy it. Can he do some of the work if needed?
    BTW nice job on your 355.

6. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    You live in Texas!

Car is coming to Quebec, kind of cold right now. ;-)

Was 72 degree last week, snow all melted tops down and bikes out. Now around 30 to 34 and had snow for 2 days again. All freezed up. Will have to wait a bit before top down.

I wish we had that kind of weather you guys have down there.

7. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Thanks Claude, I hope to see your Mondial soon! Let's hope spring can get started for real next time!

8. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #8 soucorp, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
    Seems like your friend got $10k off asking dealer's selling price by bidding on eBay with no reserve, well done ! The car looks like its in great shape in and out. Only things to worry about are conditions with the top up (no broken latches), windows (especially rears) all work, any dash lights on, A/C work and blow cold or need a recharge, and when was last major service done/cambelt replaced? If it has TRX tires, probably dry rotted so budget for new tires and services that may need to be attended to and you will be fine.

All the best and welcome to the Mondial group, -most down to earth group of guys on this forum. -Mike

9. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Colour coding the bumpers is a personal choice and I'd dump the TRX's.....for good. Belt change not so difficult to do but soooo important. Complete fluid change just so you know it's done and enjoy!

10. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard

Let's have this discussion again in August... ;-)

11. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Nice car, congrats. Are you guys going to the Italian car club meeting tomorrow ?

Lino

12. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    If the car dosent't have any previous accident damage I would say your friend did really well at 20k. Like others said I would do a major on the car have it totally gone through and think about updating the trx's.

13. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Yes, I am the VP running the meeting and the guy who bought the car is also a VP of the Club Fiat Montreal. Hope to see you there tonight....

14. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I wish I was around Montreal.

15. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #15 Wade, Apr 3, 2012
  16. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    My only plan for this summer is Italian car day in Toronto. Espicially now that my friend just bought a Diablo we should be there with the Diablo, the Pantera and my Mondial, too bad the 308 will not be ready.

17. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Hi Fab,

Just got back from the meeting. Thanks for the hospitality and I look forward in participating.

By the way nice car.

Lino

18. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Hey guys, want me to let you know when we are going to pick up our cars in Montreal? Maybe we can meet somewhere.

19. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Claude, make sure you come to the Fiat Breakout, Montreal's official italian car Festival.

July 8 in Montreal, details on fiatclub.ca or amicicanada.com

20. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Thanks Lino, I look forward to some nice rides and outings with you guys. Sorry the meeting can get a little crazy with all those people but I look forward to seeing your car also. See you soon!!!!!

21. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Okay Fab, will put this on my calendar.

22. ferrari amore

ferrari amore Rookie

Mar 29, 2012
    I am the one that just purchased a Mondial. Will be getting it soon and can't wait to drive it. Thanks for your posts

23. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Marino, it's about time you get on your thread!!!

When are we going to get the car?

24. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Welcome Marino! Is it your first Ferrari? I just bought a Mondial too and waiting for it.
    Loooooooong waiting time. Are you in the Montreal area? Good luck and hope to meet you somewhere with the car.

25. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Congratulations, I hope to see you and yur car soon. I am going to get mine out soon, I can't wait to hit the road.