Great Experience with Independent F Mechanic | FerrariChat

Great Experience with Independent F Mechanic

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by testarossa717, Mar 23, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. testarossa717

testarossa717 Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2007
    NY/NJ
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    I just had my Testarossa serviced at Pocono Sportscars by Jim McGee(570 296 6486). For anyone who is in the Tri State area, he is a terrific Independent Ferrari Mechanic with over 25 years in the game. Go to his website and check him out. He is honest, has reasonable prices and is a good guy. Before I sent my Ferrari to him, I called and spoke to him for 45 minutes, 6 months before I even sent my car there for service. He is a true enthusiast and an F Chat consultant. His screen name is Dr. Ferrari.

I always look for people that seem to go "the extra step". In my opinion, Jim fits that bill. Just wanted to spread the word to the brethren.

2. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    I met Jim at Cavallino this year and have also heard great things about him...

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    JIM USED TO WORK AT WWOC IN SPRING VALLEY AND THEN HE OPENED HIS OWN SHOP

HE IS THE BEST, KNOWS CARS, VERY REASONABLE, AND WILL TALK AND HELP YOU FOR HOURS

I KNOW JIM A WHILE AND IF I HAD ANOTHER F-CAR (RIGHT NOW I HAVE 2 COLLEGE EDUCATIONS TO PAY FOR) IT WOULD BE UNDER HIS HANDS

GREAT GUY, HIGHLY THE BEST

BRUCE

4. parts

parts Rookie

May 12, 2006
    Jim is an honest guy. I have known Jim for a very long time and he goes out of his way to help you. His staff is great. He is a very good mechanic.

5. 89 FERRI

89 FERRI Guest

Jul 31, 2010
    Cold Spring Harbor ,
    Full Name:
    Elliot Siegel
    As a newbee to the Ferrari world , I have gone thru my share of " F - mechanics " 2 majors in 2 years, get the picture !!! I discovered Jim through a great guy on F chat and I thank the day I took his advice . Well worth the trip !! My 1989 328 has NO leaks and I feel he has added reliability to my F car I thankyou Jim and I thank you John . If I can help anyone else out there call me ,516 528 5010

6. Easyrider7467

Easyrider7467 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2005
    Northen N.J.
    Full Name:
    John
    Jim is Outstanding. He has a long venerable history as a Ferrari Mechanic. In addition, Jim is very approachable, candid, and down-to-earth.

All in All, Jim McGee IS Ferrari..........