1995 Porsche 928GTS | Page 4 | FerrariChat

1995 Porsche 928GTS

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by calder1, Jan 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chuck z

chuck z Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    #76 chuck z, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was being facetious. Just surprised that someone (you) would challenge the validity of my statement (basically calling me a liar) of fact regarding what I sold my car for? I guess if I were an unkown entity in the 928 community or someone with a history of verbose nonfactual statements that would be one thing but, it's quite the opposite. Additionally, if this were the first GTS that sold for north of $100k you may have reason for doubt. Another fact; this is NOT the first one and prolly won't be the last whether YOU like it or not........

What is obvisous here is that you are uniformed and out of touch with the current 928 market. Like it or not......

I can only imagine what this GTS would sell for if it ever should surface again. This car is the "holy grail" of 928s. My guess is if the car has low miles, original and in top condition it would go for north of $200k....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. chuck z

chuck z Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    #77 chuck z, Mar 7, 2012
  3. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Still no F Car?

4. chuck z

chuck z Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    Don't really have any desire to own one..... Never have. Great cars I'm sure but, but who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for one? To "in your face" for me.

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    gorgeous! love the color.

the brick driveway ain't bad either :)

6. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    So why on the site if the car is so in your face. This is a F car chat afterall? With the 25k you made out with, you could become a member that way we could all get to know you better! It is truly not that expensive, and afterall you sold that 928 so high...

FYI, photo of the AM is the same color as my everyday ride, XJR. Hard not to like it... But that AM is not so much in your face of a ride?

7. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

chuck,

it is great having you as a resident 928 expert on this site. there are a few on this site that recognize the 928 gts and its place in the ranks of great GT cars.

i do love your choice of an aston to replace it with.

best,

pcb

8. ferraripete

many of us already know chuck by reputation. this is a small world.

9. chuck z

chuck z Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    I come here only to defend the honor of the 928, to extinguish the misinformation put out by truly misinformed and/or uninformed. I also want to set the record straight with facts (which some seem to pick and chose which to believe or not....). For the truly ignorant, I cannot do much. Becoming a member wouldn't change that now would it?

10. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    LMAO !! Thanks its the end of the day here and I needed a good laugh. Good Job defending the honor of the infamous 928! From the misinformed!

11. chuck z

chuck z Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    #86 chuck z, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    Glad you enjoyed that, I got a chuckle from it myself.......

Funny as that might be, I do not appreciate being called a liar though.......

12. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Thats not polite, seriously. I have my opinion and am sure you have yours such as "in your face" with Ferrari's. I just dont believe you sold a regular 928 for that money. You posted an ad of something special perhaps one-off and that is different. But I will say this, many non members on come this board stating these things such has Ferrari's are in your face statements and they are the ones that tend to be ignorant or misinformed. Odd that you are on this site, non owner now talking a bit crap about these cars when I just stated to you good for you, 25K in your pocket why dont you ante up and introduce yourself properly and politely. And YES I STILL DO NOT BELIEVE YOU SOLD YOUR REGULAR 928 what ever model for any close to that. I will drive by Tillack/Fastcars tomorrow on my home (they are close by) and tell them the same thing I am telling you. NO WAY, WET DREAM. And no your not a liar, IMHO if you got someone to pay that for a 928 your a damn good used car salesman. Hats off! :)

13. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I am a multi time 928 guy as well as Fcar guy. I too am dumbfounded by the price that the GTS cars bring compared to the s4, s and OB cars. Really not too much of a difference except some usual changes and HP. However, I do know that recently, some low mile cars, including Chucks, have sold for some big $. There is no logic to the used car classic market regardless of what the experts think. Goto Rennlist and the most active board is 928. All day long I can buy a whole car for the value of a few parts on it. They are great cars and many of us recognize that. I sold a 993 turbo to get a 928 again. For outsiders to the marque, there is no reason for it. However, at the end of the day, you become addicted. The 5-spd late model GTS is the pinnacle of the car and few were made.
    On this board some 308s are beaten down until the Fchat guys think they are worth under $20k. Then a low mile restored car sells for high 80's. Now is a complete original unpainted car fully serviced with low miles more valuable than a impeccable restored car? I guess the market decides...I don't think there is any BS going on here to the doubters. Also, the 928 is now becoming a classic. Those that grew up reading the '78 car of the year and seeing Risky Business are pursuing a dream car.

14. eam3

eam3 Karting

Dec 16, 2003
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Ed Mendez
    I saw that car at Champion in Pompano when I brought my 968 in for service. Interesting color to say the least. They had it for a long time unTil it finally sold.

15. ferraripete

why so contentious? just like to joust?

16. chuck z

chuck z Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    Talk to me about being polite...... Pot, meet kettle! With all due respect to the mods/owners of F-chat, why would I ante up just to take crap like this from guys like you? Especially since I'm not likely to ever own a F-car. BTW, re-read the part about the 25k, you missed it the first time......

You know what? At this point, I could care less whether YOU believe me or not. You're just another hater and I've got better more productive things and people to occupy my time.

Have a good life sir!

17. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    To be clear Chuck is a friend of mine. His former car is one of the most spectacular 928's in existence today. Several including his have sold for more than $95k! It is not the norm...these are almost always '95 models (of which only 77 were imported) and they are always low to super low mile examples that are cleaner than the day they rolled out of the show room!

You can find them much cheaper... Get a common color like black with over 75k miles and you are talking a $30k-ish car (depending on how it has been cared for!). If you really look you can even find a rare GTS in the low $20k range like the one I just bought.

Like many F-cars the price on a GTS can be anywhere from a pittance to the statospher! They are truly amazing cars and when taken in the context of the era's across which they were built they are even more so! Just because some one does not like them does not mean that no one likes them and for those who do love the 928 some of them are worth a whole lot of money!

BTW, I have a '82 928 with 3713 original miles on it for sale if you want to know what a NEW 928 is like... It can be yours for $65,000! It is the 3rd lowest known mileage 928 in the country (though we have CarFax info from 6-8 years ago that shows a handful more with miles right around there that are unconfirmed). I am the 2nd owner and every single mile driven has been documented on this car! You can track it through time and space! Pretty cool! It is a gorgeous Arrow Blue (about like Maritime Blue in F-car land).

18. drf3576

drf3576 Karting

Dec 25, 2006
    Terre Haute, IN
    Full Name:
    Dane Frauenholz
    I do know, porsche 928 people are nuts about 928's...almost like no other car...

19. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    #94 VTChris, Mar 8, 2012
    Yes, I agree! So nuts that we made a watch :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    He is in the Porsche section (not that he has to stay there) and besides there are lots of non-Fcar owners on Fchat.

If you check out Rennlist, or some of the other dedicated Porsche sites you will see there are some dedicated 928 fans that will pay big $ for a low mileage 5spd 928GTS. Yes, there are 928s that sell for $10K or less, but as we all know whether its Porsches or Ferraris, condition and a specific year can substantially drive up the price of a car.

Maybe to you a 928 would never be worth what someone paid for Chucks car. I generally see no value in spending large somes of $ on Corvettes, yet people do it. It doesn't make it wrong, its just not something I'd do.

I think you guys should just agree to disagree and move on.

Best regards,
    Dino

21. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I strongly agree!

22. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    For what it is worth, I have owned two 928S4s and loved them.
    We see low mileage mass produced Trans Ams and Camaros selling for $500,000.
    Why would a low mileage low production Porsche not sell for $95K?
    Compared to a chevy, seems like a great deal to me.

23. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    Love 928's since I first saw one on campus at OSU in the late 70's! However $95k is
    probably more than original sticker and the automatic can't help but GLWS!

24. ferraripete

wrong!!!!!!!!!!

25. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    Please expain yourself with more than a one word answer if you may.