Ferrari Service shop in Northern VA | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Service shop in Northern VA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by MikeB1966, Nov 10, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    They're on their third service manager since I bought my first of two ferrari's beginning 21 months ago. With that kind of turnover, I can't say if they're consistent, and it sucks hearing your experiences, but mine have been exactly the opposite. Terry, the last service manager, did me a big personal favor when I traded in my 360 by connecting me with a buyer for my aftermaret exhaust. This was after they gave me a really good trade in, so getting back .50 on the dollar for the exhaust was really icing. They replaced my 430's manifolds FOC. They helped me significantly with my problems with Fabspeed when my ECU's were all screwed up, helped keep the situation under control, reality check for Fabspeed as was Josh at ECS. Both shops have been reliable, in my admittedly limited experience. Competizione has been recommended to me as well by very solid sources, but I've no experience with them. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three.

4 years no beer next Friday :)

2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Chuck and the staff at DEW are outstanding in every respect. They are not inexpensive but the quality of their work is superb.

3. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #28 kvisser, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No doubt but...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    My car is currently sitting at Ferrari of Washington for repairs. I am nervous and have heard stories good and bad so I hope my experience is positive. My 2008 F430 is still under the power cube warranty so I had to go to a Ferrari dealer for warranty work. The muffler in my car has a leak and is depositing white powder and I also have a broken exhaust bracket and a piece of molding that needs repaired on the door that is being pinched by the window while up. I am working with Shawn who is new. This is my fist time working with FOW's service so I hope it goes well. I instructed the guys to NOT wash the car (G4 Titan said they screwed up the black finish on his F430). I hope to get the car back next week. I will let you know how it goes.....I leave for Cavallino on Thursday (just me and the wife, not taking the car down) so I hope to have it safe and sound in my garage soon. A lot of complaints I have heard of are complaints about pricing, well, under warranty I pay 0 so as long as they dont damage my car I'm in the clear :D

5. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Good on you for not washing the car! It will save you the hassle especially if you're anal about how it's supposed to look.

6. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    Im very anal. I hate getting my cars serviced, few take care and pride in their work anymore......I will let you'll know how it goes when I get my car back.

7. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    yes please look things over when you're there and then when you get home... I had my 599 serviced and they left off the ODB cover, which I had to go back and have them put back (only 2 minutes but still a hassle factor). The bigger problem, they forgot to screw back one of the under body panels! My shop that I'm getting some performance work done notified my when he had it on his lift! So the car has to go back to get that re-installed now. If we didn't notice that, I could have ripped off my entire rear diffuser with the airflow grabbing in places that it isn't supposed to.

You wonder how they keep inventory of spare parts that are just lying around and not stop to think why there are more pieces on the floor now then before... but there are less cars now in the shop!

8. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    You have got to be kidding me!!!! These stories definately dont give me the warm and fuzzies. I'm suprised you went back after the 430 visit.

9. MalteseVA

MalteseVA Karting

Oct 7, 2008
    DEW is world-class. they have worked on our cars for 6+ years and have done a phenomenal job. They also helped us out significantly at Pebble this year. PM me if you would like to learn more about DEW and our experience with the shop.

F1 Tico likes this.
  10. F1 Tico

F1 Tico Rookie

Jun 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Luis Herrera
    I see these replies are very old but are they still valid?
    I have not bought my Ferrari yet (a Calif I hope) but I hope to do it this year and in the meantime I am doing my homework on shops etc.

I have been looking at these you tube videos from Dan, if you have more YouTube to share that can educate him, please share.

wish me luck!

Luis

pilotoCS likes this.
  11. B1ff

B1ff Rookie

Jan 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Loudoun County Exotics (locoexotics[.]com) is another option in NoVA. I had the PPI for the 360 I recently bought performed there. Greg was super helpful and took time to talk through all the items.

12. F1 Tico

F1 Tico Rookie

Jun 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Luis Herrera
    thank you, I will take note !! :)

pilotoCS likes this.
  13. F1 Tico

F1 Tico Rookie

Jun 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Luis Herrera
    sorry! I meant: if you have more YouTube to share that can educate me, please share.

14. Norseman

Norseman Rookie

Nov 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ben B
    Also recommend Loudoun County Exotics. Greg and his team did a great job on my Mondial T earlier this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Greg is a great guy--We do all their sticky work

SVLT, F1 Tico and Gh21631 like this.
  16. SVLT

SVLT Karting

Sep 29, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julian Sutton
    This is the single most impressive set of photos I have seen from the DMV area. That blue 410 Superamerica in the back is incredible.

17. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    You should have seen his old shop on MD back in the day (like ‘99). The number of rare, blue chip, exotics that he has worked on is staggering.