Accessing The Owners Forum | FerrariChat

Accessing The Owners Forum

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by NeuroBeaker, Aug 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #1 NeuroBeaker, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Hello Ferrari owners! :D

So... you may have noticed the Owners Forum has now become slightly more visible on the forum, appearing on the list of Subscribed Private Forums:

For access, you must:
    1. Have a current subscription to FerrariChat at either Silver or Rossa level. Click here to subscribe or check your subscription status.
    2. Actually own a Ferrari... or more than one, that's definitely permitted. :cool:
    3. Be able to prove your Ferrari ownership via physically showing the car to, either:
    • 3 subscribed members of FerrariChat, who will be contacted for verification.
    • 1 moderator of FerrariChat... and, coincidentally, I am in the Glasgow area of Scotland and very happy to meet up to view your magnificent Ferrari if you're up this way sometime. ;) Update: I have now relocated to the United States.

Once you have the names of 3 members or 1 moderator able to vouch for your ownership, send their FerrariChat screen names in a private message to Tifosi12 (by clicking here) and he will be able to arrange for your access. :)

As you may have noticed, the Owners Forum literally is for Owners only... and even certain subscribed area moderators can't get access... :eek:

...until I eventually buy that much-desired Ferrari 348. :D

So, for now, I can't tell you much about what goes on in there, except that it's a social scene. You'll have to let me know! ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Please can you advise me of three members within distance of Bristol so that I can verify my ownership? Alternatively, I can scan and email my registration document, pictures etc, or of course, someone could contact Carrs Ferrari in exeter on 01392 822080 and they will verify my cars for you.

3. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm afraid I'm not sure who might live in the Bristol area.

I'll be about 90 minutes away in Wokingham, Berkshire this coming weekend for a wedding. It's going to be a flying packed-schedule visit (driving down Friday, wedding celebrations Saturday and Sunday, driving back Monday while trying to catch the F1 demo in Manchester), but I'll see what I can do about being available if you can get within spitting distance of Wokingham... if you commute between London and Bristol, you might drive right by? I'll have to get back to you in a couple of days to let you know if that's feasible or if my wife would punish me for trying to fit in car stuff at the very last minute. :eek:

All the best,
    Andrew.

4. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I am an hour away in Neath mate :) if you are ever in the area perhaps we could meet up for a chat plus I could verify ownership.

5. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    How can I get my ownership verified Andrew, bearing in mind that I've been a member on here for seven years with three Ferraris? There are enough people here that know I have the cars but I have no idea who are mods.

Alternatively, do you ever go on Pistonheads? There are at least 100 people there that could verify my car :)

6. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Anyone here?

7. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Sorry about that AL, I've been a little busy work-wise lately and missed the update. :eek:

Here's the critical excerpt from post #1:

Those who can vouch for your ownership are FerrariChat members who have met you in person with your car in their presence. :)

I would personally love to verify your ownership for you if you're ever in Scotland (I'm near Glasgow) or the next time I'm passing Yorkshire way. I'll happily leap upon any excuse to enjoy the privilege of seeing a Ferrari. :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

8. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i have met him seen all 3 of his ferrari's over the years and you all know who i am so get on with it join him up

9. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Thanks Fitzy :)

I was going to say that there are enough people on here that have known me over the past three Ferraris and nearly eight years of forum membership, including a certain FOC achiver extraordinairre Jonathan Tremlett, who I saw (with my car) only a few months back at the Malton meet.

I have no idea who the UK mods on here are these days so cannot say if they know me or not. I'm sure I could lay my hands on a tin of Bird's Custard through if that would help?

Regards,
    al

10. neil-f

neil-f Karting

Feb 6, 2008
    UK

Why bother not worth the hassle......

11. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    You're right. I can vouch for you. Not that the Owners' forum has anything worthwhile in it last time I looked though.

Jonathan

12. yellowtr

yellowtr Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Can vouch for Al too :)

13. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    :D Is it a bit like being a member of the VIP section of the local dodgy night club?

Not that I am you understand. They've closed it.

14. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    By the way Pete - I have managed to find a pair of rears for the TR. Goodyear F1s (which I have on the front), 5mm tread on them, no repairs or damage, £145 for the pair. At that price they are definitely worth a go :)

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #15 BigTex, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    All the 'vouching ' occurs thru the PM procees, but it's good the posts in this thread can give Tifosi12 an idea who to contact as confirmations.

List as many possibilities as you can on your request IMO as you never know who will step up.

Just discussing details of ownership (over all these years) would make me able to 'verify" a lot of the UK crowd....

16. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I've sent a PM along to Andreas with the appropriate names to contact. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

17. roalda

roalda Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2007
    Wiltshire England
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Can you vouch for yourself, I've seen me with my car at least 3 times!!

PTG1 and James Shanks like this.
  18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    BURRIANA is well known in the uk over the past 8 years wax speedy and rob lay know who i am so i cant see this being a problem now open the door and make him welcome

19. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Did you miss my post? Things are already in the works Steve...

There are no exceptions granted a short-cut or acceleration to the admission process and this is a requirement set by the majority of the existing owner's forum members. I'm confident that Al will have access soon.

All the best,
    Andrew.

20. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Thanks guys :)

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that so many people know me, not sure!

21. yellowtr

yellowtr Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Nice one mate, thats great news!

I am really concerned about the long term future for tyres for TR's though :(

22. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have contacts at Goodyear, I would not be surprised if these sizes show up in the Vintage line....

As sad as that is, to think about.

They support my 14" rims on the early 308GTBs with a modern tread tire from the FULDA line.

23. rviant

rviant Karting

Jan 22, 2004
    Bedfordshire
    Full Name:
    Richard
    surely a scan of the V5 should suffice?

24. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm afraid not, as scans can be photoshopped rather skilfully these days. The entry requirements are set by the current membership of the Owners Forum rather than the moderators or site administration. I'm told (I've not seen inside the forum myself, as I'm not yet an owner) that each time a vote on the accepted methods for proof of ownership comes up, the existing method is always reaffirmed.

All the best,
    Andrew.

25. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No, the only form of verification is as has been described

You are correct sir (I DO get to see inside the forum myself :p:p) and that is how
    the discussion goes every time. No other form of verification is allowed by a voting
    majority of members of the OF

Jedi