Testarossa w/strips with black felt found | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Testarossa w/strips with black felt found

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Sep 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. harrye

harrye Rookie

Apr 19, 2007
    S.F. Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Kerry, PM sent

2. louis13

louis13 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Marseille, France
    Full Name:
    Louis
    Hi,

I'm one of the recent customer of Kerry, and I can say that I'm really happy with the results as you can see on the pictures.
    The corner was not easy ! I used black polyurethane glue to get both extremities on the right place. I can't tell the difference with OEM.

Louis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    #303 kerrywittig, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Louis,
    Glad it worked out............you my "French Connection".............thanks for posting and the pix look great.........

Qui Qui Merci Me
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. louis13

louis13 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Marseille, France
    Full Name:
    Louis
    Thank you Kerry for the weatherstrips and the pics editing !

Louis

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #305 Spasso, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
    ...........unless it is to YOUR advantage................................

We are talking about an exchange between private parties. There is no commercial compensation for the service involved.

6. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    Been in the garage again.....
    Its some time since I fitted the new door seals and I can report that there is no change in the form of the seal.

Some of you may have noticed that when fitted to the LHS door there was a slight kink in the seal towards the from bottom corner. This was caused by my poor fitting :(. There has been no change to this. It has neither got better or worse but it still seals the joint between car and door. :)

I've still got loads of material left to remake the seal but I can't be bothered, it looks acceptable and it works well. :D

HTH

P

7. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Originally discussed at ~post #230 but I did not see any followup on product by "Mr. Fiat" (may have missed it). He is currently running an auction for "Testarossa 512 Tr RH/LH Door Opening Velvet Seal New"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200602453029?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=200602453029&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&vxp=mtr

Price is $288.00 + $12.00 S&H, a little unclear on whether a set or (I suspect) individual seal. His description: "This is a new RH/LH door opening velvet seal for Ferrari models Testarossa - 512TR 1984-94. There is a 2-3 week production time for this item. Made in Italy. Original Equipment Manufactured Part. Part number: 16335-160". That PN does not jive with parts list (PN 61528200 (TR) and 63149500 (512TR)), but he lists same PN on anther auction for a different seal so he may have cut/pasted incorrectly. No photos either (generic file photo in auction). I also thought I read a few (hundred?) posts back 512TR has no felt/velvet, though doesn't Melvoks 512 photos show felt? :confused:

If truly Italian/OEM it could be what you guys are looking for...

Cheers and an early (but sincere) "Happy New Year" to all. Will 2012 see this thread close....:)

8. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    I have correct seals for both right and/or left sides, complete....immediately, no waiting period, on the shelf....for sale for much less in the FerrariAds parts section............also got a BMW and an airplane for sale over there too, in the "other/misc" sections..........

Looking for attention Me

9. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Interesting. I have been around a while and watched this thread closely. Kerry you had contacted Mr. Fiat at post #231. You posted no followup so should we assume that did not pan out? Inferior product? Same quality/worse price?

10. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Kerry,
    I checked in the parts thread but couldn't find your Ad. What page is it on?
    Thanks

11. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
  12. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Never got any response and I left messages I believe 3 times......I have no info on whether the product is good, bad or indifferent.........but........it looks (from the photos) as if it is the same product I found. If indeed it is the same product my pricing is much lower.

Reminiscing Me

13. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

This is NOT the correct seal. Robert in Oz went through great lengths to show that in the end it did not fit right.

If you want to sell your TR brethren seals....tell the truth.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

14. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  15. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Not one person whom has installed these seals has been displeased. Between the "brethren" and the "amen" your starting to sound like some religious cult....I can't come up with any logical explanation as to why you all don't want others to make a choice on their own.....I just don't get it!

If I have found a reasonable facsimile, that is cost effective, that I and others find acceptable.......then why can't we excercise free will? Why is any of this a concern to you two. Shamile you have your OEM's, Mr. C I think you and some others are now starting your third year seeking the holy grail of seals.....And quite honestly I see these new seal options that you and others have now hailed the "one".......to be nothing even remotely resembling the OEM......more power to you and the gang. But for Pete's sake give it a rest.

How does this in any way impact you personally or your vehicles? I repeat, I just don't get it!

Dismayed Me

Oh yeah.......Happy New Year!! Peace.............

16. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #316 Mr.Chairman, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
    Happy New Year and greetings.. I really dont have a problem with others choosing your seal that your offering.. If they want to utilize a seal in which myself and a few others feel is sub par then so be it.. Everyone is entitled to purchase and use what they want. The vibe that I am getting is that you cant understand why we do not accept what your offering.. Tests revealed that your seal is smaller and seals the door differently. The only pro I can find with your offering is that it has the black felt on it... My opinion is that your seal is sub standard and not to my liking.. Who is saying anything about exercising free will? I dont mind having it take three years to find a proper seal in which we feel fits and seals better. I'm trying to give it a rest but your not.. We are minding our business on this thread, some are doing the research and writing about their findings then right away you chime in with the sales pitch on the stuff you have and what your offering it for. then you throw jabs as well.. that fine as well but to say for Petes sake lets give it a rest? We haven't hailed anything as "the one". Your still trying to sell your weatherstrips, advising that your gonna order more to sell, and putting your two cents in. I'm tired of this sh*t. Your still pushing that you have the correct seals which is misleading. Again.. Why not say that the seals your offering are smaller and seal differently than the oem seal, but they still suffice and will work if needed. Your not saying that.. I have to chime in and say it.. then get into a pissing match for doing so. If you did present it properly I would respect what your offering. Many of the Fchat members depend on information supplied on these forums and threads, including myself. Misleading on a product your trying to sell is taking advantage of the trust that has been built up thru the years on this web site.. Your out of line, you dont get it.. Neither do I for that matter.. One thing for sure, no matter what seal we find to be acceptable I would never offer it in which you do so. I would be up front about the similarities and differences to oem. I'm sorry I ever started this thread.. You forgot to plug the other items your selling as well. Why not do so now.. Sponsors pay alot of money to sell and advertise items on this forum. We are allowed to sell our own stuff on the proper threads. I am thankful for the powers to be here is Fchat for allowing us to do so.. Its seems like your getting a side business going.. thats great but do what everyone does that sells and advertises on this forum.. Your taking advantage on all angles.. Maybe all the sponsors should do what you do. How you think they feel.. They pay a pretty penny to advertise and sell on this forum.. Meanwhile you selling your weatherstrips, aux brake pump shafts, etc... Its not right..

R

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Give the guy a break; it's Christmas!

Let's not be so harsh and try and show a little LOVE....it 'Tis the Season'.

18. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Yes I do, over in FerrariAds at:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=8562

Selling Me

19. testamon

testamon Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Mike O
    I think the Mr Fiat seal is sourced through a company in Italy that originally supplied the seals for Ferrari and still does. I approached the company and asked if they would remanufacture the Testarossa seals that they originally supplied. They would do it but they no longer have a supplier for the correct fuzzy felt strip. Close enough was not correct as far as they were concerned. They do produce a seal that is the same dimensions as the original and with a heavy cloth covering where the original was furry. The product looks very close and I have test fitted around the forward door bend (which appears problematic to other replicas) with no problems at all. When I get a chance I will fit my seals and take some photos to post. Not cheap at 160 euro for the set but there is no disputing it is the correct shaped seal for the car.

20. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    #320 kerrywittig, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
    To whom it may concern:

The qoute is post #157.....what are we at now, #320? And this was 2 years ago........so I thought it was maybe worth re-posting so others might get a glimpse.... of how weird this has been for over 2 years and why...I just don't get it!!!!

The above is just a reminder of Mr. C's ethics and input concerning my offering seals at a very reasonable cost to those that "request" them...........alot can be learned about one by the way they talk about your Mother (speaking of trust issues....lol)...........This type of ugly retoric I think sheds a little light onto someone's character and their warped vendetta they have concerning...........door seals and Me???

Odd to say the least..........

Playing the Oldies Me

21. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    +1, I have to agree with you. The youngsters here think us 'Old Farts' don't know nothin'!

They're so quick to criticize, but can't take critisism against themselves.

Happy New Year Kerry, I know where you're comin' from!

22. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #322 Mr.Chairman, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
    Oh Kerry... you know at that time that was a heated battle and then you have to somehow feel the need to re-hash and re-post.. "Dont forget what Mr.C said to me two years ago" Sniff.. Sniff.. Your just pissed that I am calling you out. We wouldn't even be having this exchange if you were upfront and honest about your offerings. Start paying up like the other sponsors on this forum when selling your stuff.. Dont be pissed because I tell it like it is.. Things get said when people get heated.. Get over it.. Makes no difference to me that you are bringing it up again. Its embarassing yes.. Not the first time I got embarrast and stuck my foot in my mouth.. probably won't be the last either.. Your the one that had to spend a decent amount of time looking for that response because you feel a need to start an arguement. Your going around selling products skewing the decriptions for the sake of selling.. Lovely.. Your side business is not playing by the rules by paying your way here on fchat.. Everyone else does.. Thats you!! All I did was say something terrible in an arguement. Now I have trust issues.. Maybe we should all feel sorry and buy your weatherstrips because I said something mean.. That justifies the purchasing.. Your worried.. If we find the right stuff your gonna be stuck with alot of weatherstrip.. It's ok.. We will tell you where you can get it so you can continue to sell... Then we won't be having this arguement anymore.. You remind of people that hit a double parked car and go to court screaming to the judge that if the car was never double parked the accident would have never happened so its his fault.. What a great way to start the new year..

R

23. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Lets put an end to this.. New Year and all..

I am sorry..

R

24. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Kerry, you are so out of line here. I personally don't care what you sell or how you make your living. But, when you come on this board, you DON'T pass off a substandard product for the "right" seal.

As chairman points out, people depend on this section for the most correct and accurate information. Most newbies are not going to read through this whole thread to find out what's going on. They'll just ask..hey what should I use for door seals? Then you come on here and say you have the "right" seal....that's a LIE! Robert went through a full analysis and while it may LOOK correct it's performance is NOT!

I don't care what you put on your TR but many only want the OEM or best product out there.

I'm a very laid back kinda guy but I take the technical information on this board very seriously.

This thread will end with the CORRECT seal is finally found.

I did not like paying $400.00 per seal from the F pimp but I didn't want any compromises on the car. Joe Zaff is a great example of someone going all the way to insure the most correct details. He put his Testarossa through the Classiche program....who does that?

...and I admire him for doing it.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

25. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    Hey Shamile,

If those buggers in Italy can fit new and 100% correct seals to the doors of Joe's car, then where in hell did Ferrari procure the new components from?

Make one wonder eh?