The New NSX | FerrariChat

The New NSX

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by PaulK, Nov 28, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #1 PaulK, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I saw a mention in the new Top Gear issue (the one with the 458 Spider), and they had a few shots of the next Iron Man with an Acura supercar. Does anyone know if this is the new NSX? The front end looked absolutely spectacular. My only complaint was that it was a convertible.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    That has been speculated since the photos were released a few months ago, around the time that
    Honda confirmed a new supercar. However, as far as I know, they still have not confirmed it.

3. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    This picture was out a few weeks (maybe even months?) earlier and Acura/Honda denied it as a new NSX. It's just a concept car/product placement stunt.

I this this concept is visually challenged, but I loved the previous version that started out as a concept but never made it to further than a SuperGT racecar...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2rWngohJ-4[/ame]

^ I adore this.

4. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    The Acura badge just looks upside down on a sleek nosed sportscar. If I ever got a NSX I'd want to replace it with a Honda badge. Mclaren weren't running "Acura" branded Honda's in F1.

5. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Love it from that angle....

6. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    #7 JeremyJon, Nov 29, 2011
  7. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    #8 JeremyJon, Nov 29, 2011
  8. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    As an NSX owner and a member of NSXPrime, I've followed the "new" NSX since discontinuation in 2005. Unfortunately there really isn't a new one coming. No matter what BS is thrown around the web from either car enthusiats or the press. That's too bad. Hopefully I'm wrong and somehow in the future they actually decide to make it again, but chances are slim to none.

9. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    #10 JeremyJon, Nov 29, 2011
    agreed....i suppose using a concept only, never to be built car, in movies, isn't unheard of!?

10. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    The new NSX will be based directly off of the HSV... This is coming from the guys at Honda Performance Development who do all of Honda's non-JGTC racing engines.

11. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Avengers, not Iron Man 3.

12. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Wow, I guess you guys are pretty well uninformed then, because you are wrong.

13. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    You have to cut us NSX'ers a bit of slack, as we've been hearing about the "new" NSX constantly since the original's discontinuation after 2005.
    On NSXPrime, there is an entire section devoted to these topics, aptly labeled "Second Generation NSX / HSC / Unicorn Discussion".
    http://nsxprime.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=35

Whatever is in the possible pipeline, whatever it's called, and whenever it arrives it's not likely to be a direct successor to the original NSX........and I would say that's especially so if it turns up with a hybrid drivetrain.
    Sort of like Porsche's 918 Spyder not being a direct lineage back to their previous 'halo car,' the Carrera GT.

Brian

14. pacacu

pacacu Karting

Aug 30, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Read from the papers yesterday the new NSX or HSV or whatever code name will be previewed at the Detroit show next month. Production and launch to follow in 2012.
    So after the long wait, Honda will introduce a new super sports! No ideal re the actual engine but rumored to a 6 with AWD.
    As an owner for decades, its great news but wonder if the price will be on par with the other supercars, which would mean quite unaffordable for present NSX owners to step up except for the lucky few. Look forward to the eventual launch. I saw the orignal NSX displayed at the Tokyo show back in 87/90?

15. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    That car is hot and is head and shoulders above that turd ASC show way back when.

16. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #17 4re Nut, Dec 12, 2011
    FWIW: http://www.insideline.com/acura/nsx/acura-nsx-returns-for-2013-2012-detroit-auto-show.html

Might be of interest...Inside Line is doing a long term test of a '91 NSX: http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/Vehicles/1991-acura-nsx/

Even today, what a stunning car IMHO...

17. pacacu

pacacu Karting

Aug 30, 2008
    Hong Kong
    My NSX just turned 20 years young and with 65000 miles. I considered this long term test confirmed Honda reliability on all counts. I have no serious complains except parts, like all older models are getting expensive and some items are harder to source. Still an attention getter driven anywhere here as compared to the F Cars, Porsches..look forward to the new version soon and hope to see one here if and where the Honda distributor here get its act together.

18. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I mentioned this sometime back that when I see an NSX I still giggle with joy, I love those cars and will own one someday. To Acura, it's about damn time!!!

+1000

19. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It's sharing the platform with a sedan?!? I'm worried. One of the biggest and most iconic points on an NSX is its chassis... I really hope they don't screw this car up. It would be a huge insult to the original NSX.

20. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Paul, I believe it is only sharing AWD components, not the chassis, which should remain a dedicated Rear Wheel Drive platform but becoming AWD with the Hybrid Components.

21. mihai007

mihai007 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2009
    Atlanta
    #22 mihai007, Dec 14, 2011
    Could this be the next nsx??? I believe we all gonna find the answear in January at Detroit Show , based on what i heard the car will be a lot lighter then the 91-05 nsx

22. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I like it.

23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    That is not it, what was shown to the dealers was a gray coupe that looked like the convertible in the new Robert Downey movie "The Avengers".

http://www.google.com/search?q=new+nsx+avengers&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=rZ_pTqKZBKmg2AXcqIChCA&biw=768&bih=928&sei=sZ_pTurGKYfq2AWch7C6CA

24. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    That's the Honda HSC (Honda Sports Coupe). It was displayed at the 2003 Tokyo Motor Show. I think the world wanted it to the next NSX, but it was never built which is sad, bc it looks awesome. If you Google it, there is plenty of info and pics.

Mark