Aircond Blower, full speed, is it? | FerrariChat

Aircond Blower, full speed, is it?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by pv908, Dec 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pv908

pv908 Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Paul V
    Hi,

My 89 Testarossa has aircond that work moderately. Summer is coming and I want it cold.

My fan variable works, but at full speed, is not that powerful in the airblowing compartment. Does anybody know which wires I can connect together to bypass the fusebox to see if it can pump air faster. I am good at pulling wires out of the connectors.

Yes I will be buying a Dave Sterns fusebox soon.

Also, I want to disconnect electronically the hot water from going into the heater pump. Does anyone have a picture of which wire or connection I ground or drop in the floor pan area? It is a maze of wires and connections down there and I am lost.

2. testamon

testamon Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Mike O
    The Dave Helms fuse board may help your fan speed, but if it is running at full speed it is quite noisy. The rotary knob hits full speed within a few mm of the max position when you definately hear a difference from the 'regulated' speed. The aircon itself should keep the car quite cool with the weather we have had lately. On the way home from Berrima my car was very cool- in fact each time I touched the gear knob I was amazed just how cold it was- that was on full cold with half fan speed. Hope that makes sense.