Aston Martin releases Carbon Edition for DBS/Volante | FerrariChat

Aston Martin releases Carbon Edition for DBS/Volante

Discussion in 'British' started by Bas, Sep 12, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Sounds awesome, right? What do you get for your giving Aston Martin your hard earned for this special pack? More power? Lower weight? Nope...

What you do get is Aston Martin now spends 25 hours painting the exterior of the car and 70 hours on the interior, presumably adding some carbon fibre film to make it all seem worth while.

What I don't understand is, are AM saying that their non Carbon Edition DBS's haven't actually been finished properly? Is it all ''that'll do'', unless you spend the extra thousands for the CE?

If I already owned a DBS I'd be quite upset by this. If I spend 200K+ on a car I'd damn right want the paint to be perfect. I don't want it to be perfect by paying extra for it. It's insulting.

*I know, Ferrari's haven't exactly been painting their cars with 100% concentration either, but at least they don't insult my intelligence by asking extra for it to be finished properly.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Didnt they have something similar last year? The Carbon Black edition???

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Everyone knows Aston Martin cars are not that well built, plus finishing and leather work is very sup-par for the price they are trying to sell their cars for. So am, frankly, surprised that you are surprised.

4. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I have the same type of exclusives with my business. We finish our products to a very high industry acceptable level on the regular models but , for an additional sum we will go through and make them even better.

A perfect paint job will cost ~$25k. Do you really think you get a $25k paint job on an $80k car ?

Of course not.

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ferrari doesn't offer a Carbon Edition, but they do offer a Sticky Plastic Edition at no additional cost.