458 in Tulsa | FerrariChat

458 in Tulsa

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Jimi900, Jul 21, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    Was out and about with my girlfriend enjoying a nice night drive in my dad's new BMW Z4 sDrive35is. We were sitting at the light of 91st and Yale heading West when a beautiful red sight went through the light heading north. I heard the amazing sound and knew right away is was something Ferrari. I quickly put the Z in Sport plus and spooled up the turbos and took off after it letting the DCT fire off the lighting fast upshifts. We caught up to it and follow it for a little bit listening to the wonderful music. Then we got the next light side by side, so I got a chance to really see my first 458. All I can say is that it is amazing. We got the light and I let the two turbos do what thay like to do but the Redhead was just going through the light and turning into the near by store, so we didnt get to see what it was made to do. We went on to continue our drive and later saw the car again, this time going the other direction, in Jenks.

If the owner is on here, please let me offer you a tank of Shell 91 oct for a quick checking out and maybe a ride. You have an amazing car, and if I bathered you, I do apologize, it was just my first sighting of a 458 and in Tulsa at that.

Jim

2. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    There is also a black one and a yellow one around town. Hoping to get an up close next week.

3. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    Masher,
    Whats going on next week?

4. KB458

KB458 Rookie

Sep 14, 2010
    Jenks, Oklahoma
    Sorry Jim I was scared of you, so I pulled in to Josh's Sno-shack. We were just out breaking the car in a little. I have only had it about a month.

5. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    Kb 458, If you need to break in your car you should check out the Crescent Classic Rally in Eureaka Springs Arkansas. It starts September 7th and goes through the 12th. It is the most fun you can have in a Ferrari with your clothes on!
    www.crescentclassic.com

6. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    #6 Jimi900, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
    KB,

No worries at all, like i said in my first post, I do apologize, for the run in, I was just really excited.

Plus, you shouldnt have been scared, the Z4 is fast but not 458 fast! :)

I could tell that it was still new. You have a beautiful car, and I would like the chance to buy you a cup of coffee and get a chance to look at it up close. drive it in good health and have fun. you should look into the "High Speed Touring" out at Hallet and really see what the car is made to do.

Jim

7. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Nothing special. Friend of a friend supposed to get us a close up.

8. KB458

KB458 Rookie

Sep 14, 2010
    Jenks, Oklahoma
    Masher, Is the 458 in Tulsa?

9. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Yes. Been traveling so yet to see them. A yellow and a black.

10. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    You guys should try and get all three together for a nice photo opp!

11. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    So KB458,

HAd you had the new toy out and about in any of these wonderful cool night we have been having?

JIm

12. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    KB458

I'm pretty sure I saw you a few weeks ago driving through Jenks. I had been mowing lawns in that area before returning to college and I saw you zoom on by. That car is absolutely stunning in person and I tried to follow but seeing as I was pulling a trailer and was rudely cut off by a minivan, my attempts were futile. Perhaps one day I'll have the fortune of seeing you again and can actually get a proper photograph. Enjoy your amazing automobile!

13. KB458

KB458 Rookie

Sep 14, 2010
    Jenks, Oklahoma
    JPS, fyi- there is a car show tomorrow in DT tulsa from 1 to ? Should be a lot of new and classic cars.

14. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I know its late notice but we are having a Caffeine and Gasline meet tomorrow morning at JRP speedway in west Tulsa. I have a thread going with a map posted if you are interested. We would love to have you all come out and join us anytime. We meet once a month on the 3rd Saturday from 9-12.

We usually meet at 61st and Yale in the South Parking lot at LaFortune Park. However through the summer we started meeting at JRP since they actually have decent karts to rent and race.

Check out the thread and join us if you can, lots of great people in our group!

Curt

15. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
  16. KB458

KB458 Rookie

Sep 14, 2010
    Jenks, Oklahoma
    Thanks, I will try to make it. I will also invite my neighbor who has new Lambo.

17. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Hey KB,
    Just a friendly reminder of our C&G meet coming up this Saturday the 19th, we will be at 61st and Yale in the south parking lot of LaFortune Park from 9-noon. Hope you have time to stop by for a bit and con your neighbor into following you over too.

I can add you to the events email if you go here:

http://caffeineandgasolineu.ipage.com/sign-up.html

Otherwise the latest pics and events are always posted on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Caffiene-and-Gasoline-Tulsa/369311772902

Hope to see you out!

Curt