What would you want changed on your F car? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

What would you want changed on your F car?

Discussion in '360/430' started by coupe1, Aug 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Lambos have cup holders?!!!

2. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #77 Bundy, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    #78 Testacojones, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
    Ferrari should have Kreissieg develop their exhaust systems.

All mid engined Ferraris like 360, 430 or 458 and so on should have the looks as extreme as the supercars like F40, F50, Enzo...

No more CS or Scuderia variations, just build the cars as those from the start and maybe something even more extreme from that platform.

Longer warranties and a yearly fee after its gone. As long as the car is kept by the book and kept by its original owner, let us buy yearly warranties for the life of the car.

Give the option of not buying the car with CCBs.

Don't put extra weight with sound systems, keep that at a minimum.

Don't give us gadgets beyond the ones to make the car faster, there are other brands for that and a Ferrari sports car (360, F430, 458 types) are about an incredible chassis, out of this world beautiful body styling (they can do a lot better), a steering wheel and pedals to go and stop and nothing more.

4. Brambleworth

Brambleworth Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2011
    NY
    Full Name:
    Ted
    The cupholder is definitely in the way of the handbrake. You get used to tipping the cup toward you with your left hand while your right releases the brake. Not the end of the world, much more useful than the ashtray, and better than cleaning that ice latte off your seats and interior!

5. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    My understanding is the sub box option on my spider was a $4k upgrade from the factory. Unbelievable. For $30 in speakers and a box IMHO worth about $200 in leather and assembly.

Very happy, VERY, with my replacement sound system, and can't hardly notice a thing has been changed. What an essential upgrade.

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA

Huh? What Ferrari do you drive?

My CS has absolutely the best AC system I've ever had in any car... better than any Toyota, Honda, Nissan, BMW, Porsche, etc., that I have ever spent time in.

There's a big dial to set the temp you want. And then other dials for manually controlling things that I almost never use because I just put them on "Auto". It has two sensors... one in the sun (radiant temp), one not in the sun (air temp)... so, it can compute how "hot" it feels with the sun coming in... and then it just does the right thing. I put it on 72 in the summer and 74 in the winter... and I am always comfy. What could be easier?

And it is powerful... if I have been out and the heat and want to stop sweating fast, I'll crank up the AC and within a few minutes I could hang meat in there. The only time its ever labored was going over Hoover Dam in heavy traffic in the middle of the day in the middle of summer when the outside temp was exceeding 120' and I had two people in the CS and we were pulling over and hopping out to take pics. No Japanese car I've had would have done as well... and you can't get easier to use.

7. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA

Interesting. Besides windshield cleaner (which can be easily drained), what other weight is up there in an F430?

In my CS, I've done many long trips where I cram two weeks of luggage and helmets and tools into the car, mostly in the front, some behind the front seats... and its not clear to me that the CS suspension even notices.

After all, the CS nose is designed to not bottom out under extreme braking on the track with sticky tires... that's way more downward force on the front axle than some luggage up front...

If I were you, I'd ask your mechanic about it... there might be something wrong with your F430's suspension.

8. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Thanks Brian. Before I changed the Springs for the stiffest Scud springs, the problem was really worst. With these new Scud springs + lowered the car, I'm very happy with the overall improvement. but it still happens the front is hitting at high speed. I think the issue is also in the design of the F430 bumper. Compared to the Scud bumper,there is a big difference and it looks like this is also the way to go. On the Scud bumper the lowest parts are redesigned in such way that it shouldn't touch the road anymore. Added to this some front weight savings and it should be a win win :)

9. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    +1
    I even changed the OEM scud II springs for harder.
    Mine is really low .