In the words of Lew-Ham, "Quote" | Page 23 | FerrariChat

In the words of Lew-Ham, "Quote"

Discussion in 'F1' started by Scuderia P1, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 365gt2+2

365gt2+2 Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    with the wife
    Full Name:
    Norman B'stard
    #551 365gt2+2, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
    OH Please, Stop being such a fanboy...

this sort of stuff has gone on in allaspects of motor sport since day 1.. key players move between teams... do you honestly think they leave their brains behind for their previous teams to clean before handing them back..
    Thats why teams pay big salaries to lure key team members from other teams, its to take advantage of their past experience and knowledge.. and then they carry on paying them huge amounts to stop them moving on!..

The Coughlan/Stepney incident was nothing new.. it just came at a low news week.. stop trying to make out it was the major incident of F1 ever and that Ferrari were wronged..

Look back through history and you'll find plenty of incidents of Ferrari and The old man being involved i wrong doings and bending rules to suit and getting away with it..

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    P
    +1
    However your banging your head on a brick wall here am afraid.

3. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 Sometimes they got away with it, others not so much - As it's always been for all entrants.

I always chuckle at the Ferrari guy (with camera) getting locked in the Williams transporter with their cars! Apparently, someone at Williams grabbed a camera, unlocked the doors and snapped a very red-faced dude trapped inside! :D

Cheers,
    Ian

4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92880

I find it kind of funny," Hamilton told the BBC. "I'm not sure that anyone really cares what some of those people are talking about or their opinions. I think that if you have an opinion, just keep it to yourself."

Uh LH has always done that....kept things to himself. Not quite. JB is light years ahead of LH now in the decorum category. LH still acts and talks like a rookie. He has been here 4 yrs now.

Frankly Paul Di Resta is everything LH is and more as a young up and coming driver. Im amazed how well spoken and eloquent he is. His mannerisms are those of a more mature driver and person. Very refreshing to hear him speak on the BBC during race weekends.

Im not an overt LH basher but this young man needs help. Very very poor taste to put this out.

Shut up and drive would be best for LH.

5. SDC

SDC Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2006
    Mclaren cheated and stole Ferrari data. They used it to build a "farce championship" winning car. Hamilton is a one time farce world champion. That is all he will ever win. One farce championship!

Let us not forget, the unethical cheating Mclaren team admitted to illegally obtaining data. McLaren also admitted that they tried to cover up this. Such unethical becahviour should have never been tolerated.

Mclaren continue to cheat. They unethically gained Pirelli data by hiring their test driver. All that cheating results in nothing when the rules change. Mclaren will suffer the most at Silverstone because there is too little time to steal designs of another car's exhaust system.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Totally agree. There are way too many people on this site that still get upset about what McLaren did.

What McLaren did is what all the teams do, they simply got caught and wouldn't have if Ferrari had not wanted to upset their chances of winning the WDC/WCC. Ferrari are the best at cheating and proved so again that year :). Note I say that respectfully as motorracing is all about who can cheat the cleverest!
    Pete

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    [size=+2]Grow up mate, seriously.[/size] Obtaining other teams information/data is what motorsport is all about. Even at club level!

The greatest cheat of all was Enzo Ferrari. Nothing McLaren, or any other team, does will ever get close to him.
    Pete

8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Kind of a misrepresentation of what Horner said. If you look at the "it would be difficult to (envision) a driver of Sebastian's calibre and that of Lewis under the same roof" comment, then I think you will understand the real story. He's right...hiring Hamilton would SEVERELY undermine their commitment to Seb and ruin the team structure.

I agree with all of Lewis' statements...any competitor would feel the same way (though most won't necessarily say it to the media)

9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #559 ricksb, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
    Sorry, I agree with his answer. Jacques Villeneuve and Nigel Mansell are taking off on him and he's just fighting back. If you think Lewis is unpolished for replying, then what does that make the so-called "legends" who are slamming him in the media? They're just has-beens who see a chance to get their names in the papers. Certainly not masters of diplomacy...it reminds me of when Eddie Irvine was bashing Schumacher. Just sit back and keep it to yourself!

10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Irvine's not even a has-been...he's a never-been.

11. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    And I never said you did... and I afford Alonso the same credit, despite being a total pratt.

And as everyone would agree, Senna > Prost.

12. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Well, he's no Mark Webber, that's for sure :D

13. 365gt2+2

365gt2+2 Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    with the wife
    Full Name:
    Norman B'stard
    LOL... I think you need to remove your Scarlet tinted aviators ...
    If someone takes something without asking or paying for it, that's stealing... If they then pass that on to some one else, that someone else in receiving!.. Mclaren are guilty of Receiving.. Yes, They admitted as much... But who can blame them, and it's utter BS to say that they copied, or built a copy of, the Ferrari.. It takes 18 months to 2 years to design a car from start to finish.. All Mclaren did was view them to see how Ferrari were doing it!... All teams do it, even by bunging accredited press photographers brown envelopes so that they will spend a weekend snapping a competitors car from every angle so they can "check out the design".. Time and again Ferrari had done it, even down to giving drivers money to go and buy road cars so they could get them back to the factory to see how they work!!..
    And what utter nonsense about them employing a test driver with experience of the Pirellis.. If it was a team in Red doing it you'd back them by saying they were doing it to gain an advantage over their competitors!..
    And that's the thing, cheating (as you incorrectly like to call it) is an intrinsic part of Motorsport, it's just that they call it "seeking to gain an advantage".. And in such a high cost, high risk and high reward industry it's a gamble that all teams will do, especially if the stuff is handed to them on a plate!

I can't believe how childish some of the guys in here are with regards to some of the issues being discussed, I thought this was a forum full of intelligent owners and enthusiasts, it seems they are in the minority, yet all I seem to read is uneducated bile from Fanboys and general nastiness or stupidity towards anything without a Horse on it!
    And the team are called Mclaren, not macca, and the driver is called Lewis Hamilton, not LewHam or what ever hate derived name you can dream up, at least show some maturity and respect towards the guy whether you like him or not, as with Irvine, they have more driving talent in their little fingers than many of us mere mortals could ever wish to have.. At least give them due accord for that!
    Eddie Irvine came very close to winning the WDC in a car that was 2nd best for the latter part of the season... That's as good a result that many of the best drivers on the planet would only hope to achieve!

Sorry, but there are some very ignorant and immature people posting here abouts.

14. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Either you're very slow or you just haven't been here long if it's taken you this long to work it out :)

15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Here's the quote in context...

"It would be difficult to envisage a driver of Sebastian's caliber and that of Lewis under the same roof," Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner said. "Lewis is a wonderful driver, and you can understand why he might want to drive a Red Bull, it's obvious. But would it be the best thing for us? We have severe reservations it would be."

Horner's concern is the potential for friction between two main rivals using the same cars.

"History dictates that two world-class drivers in the same team has not always been the best pairing," Horner said. "We are hugely happy to have Sebastian committed to the team long term, and with Mark (Webber), we're very pleased with the job he is doing."

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Not me. Prost beat Senna in the same McLaren, and Prost also won more WDC and more races.

The only thing Senna was better at was qualifying ... whoopie ****.
    Pete

17. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    True.

The big difference here is that not everybody in Australia is going around believing our driver is perfect. Unfortunately the English loose themselves every time they get a driver into F1 and it's ALWAYS over the top talk about how brilliant they are, etc.

I guess we believe in letting our work do the talking ... not into trumpeting our own successes.
    Pete

18. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Quite possibly one of the most ignorant posts in a very very long time. Let's try this simple question: Which driver retired and which driver had an unfortunate demise whilst still at the peak of their careers?

19. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti

misrepresentation, how so ? I'm quoting the guy word for word. He has "severe reservations" about hiring Lew-Ham, I don't make the stuff up man.

20. Scuderia P1

Scuderia P1 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2008
    Monarch Bay, Calif
    Full Name:
    Chris Conti

I think he's had a few too many brick walls already.

21. SDC

SDC Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2006
    Bottom line is Mclaren were found guilty of cheating.
    Mclaren stole data. Mclaren used stollen data unethically to build a race car.
    No other team has been accused, let alone found guilty of it ever!
    Mclaren are an unethical team and should have been thrown out of the sport.
    There is no place for cheaters like Mclaren in F1!

The truth stings for the Mclaren fan boys.... The truth is that Mclaren are cheaters.
    Mclaren are not capable of designing a simple championship winning car. Mclaren's only capability lies in stealing data from other teams or obtaining data illegally.

22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I think that's going out on a limb...

23. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #573 TifosiUSA, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
    Prost also retired at arguably his peak, having bagged the WDC easily the year prior.

However, this convo is going to open up a can of worms!

24. SDC

SDC Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2006
    Michael Schumacher, Lauda, Alonso and Prost are all far better than Senna. The only reason why Senna has an iconic image is because of his death while racing.

In fact, Hamilton is probably on par with Senna. Aggressive and mindless driving style. Going for spaces that do not exist. Always putting everyone on the track at risk.

25. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Wow, just wow.

Senna was anything but mindless. You pay Hamilton a compliment by comparing him to Senna. GV certainly put many at risk, and he also was fun to watch. But to compare these drivers of different car design eras is just not logical. Prost, Senna, and Lauda may suck in today's cars, look at how MS is struggling. Conversely, Lauda may suck in Prost's era, etc.

And why is this thread still alive?