Testarossa Jacking Points | FerrariChat

Testarossa Jacking Points

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by cryorunner, Jun 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cryorunner

cryorunner Karting

Aug 11, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    OK, I've done a lot of searching and I feel stupid for having to ask, but I must be missing something... Where exactly are the correct jacking points for the Testarossa???

I'm used to seeing a nice picture in the owners manual showing the approved jacking point locations (for changing the tires for instance), but I swear I didn't see it in the manual that came with my car. And I know I've seen threads in the past where they say, "Just look in the manual."

I've seen references here to "use the rear jack point" and pictures of where on the frame people put jack stands once it's up. And of course lots of neat gadgets people have come up with to efficiently work on their cars and keep from twisting the frame.

But I still haven't seen just a simple picture of where on the bottom of the car you can put pressure without damaging something.

Can some patient soul give me a hint here?

2. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #2 Melvok, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
    I have posted something about it .... I am now searching to find it for you !

Have a look here !

3. cryorunner

cryorunner Karting

Aug 11, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Who would have thought you would have to do a search for the word "window" to find information on jacking the car up. Only on a Ferrari...

Thanks for the tip. I already had that thread marked and have plans to build something like that nice tool, but what I was wondering is where the factory intended you to put a jack? Let's say you're on the side of the road and have to change a tire and all you had was the tool kit. OK, OK, bad example since no one would dare do that, but still where did Ferrari intend you to put a jack?

4. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    If you look under the car you will wonder why you asked such a question :D

P

peteficarra likes this.
  5. Jonny English

Jonny English Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
  6. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Also whats the best way to lift the front with the rears also up? I need to get the wheels off for refurbishment but not sure its worth the risk!!

7. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi Jon,
    That cross beam looks identical to the Harbor Freight beam a lot of us use. It will work fine.

Get some lumber planks to drive on (over a hard surface). Just enough so you can sneak your jack under the front. Get the front end up first then set your jack stands (by a arm attachments). Repeat for the rear.

Do the front first since the ramp angle is less.

I hear stories of members cracking rear glass by lifting at one point. So your plan to lift front to back vs side to side is the safest one.

turbo-joe likes this.
  8. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
  9. Jonny English

Jun 14, 2017
    Poole, Dorset
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thank you but which is the best part to jack at the front so you jack both front wheels up at the same time?

I understand now how you do the rear.

10. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Using that cross member attachment you linked, jack the frame in the area where the front A arms attach. I am going to put my car on my lift next week. I can post a clear picture then.

11. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Bringing this thread back. I can't find anything specifically stating where these jack points are.

Can anybody post some info on this? I know it is possible to jack the car up on one side without cracking the rear window.

12. Basal Skull

Basal Skull Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    The jack points for the jack in the tool kit is about a foot in front of the rear wheel well and just behind the front wheel well, if you look underneath, there is an upside down U shaped/ channel that the square top of the jack fits it’s into. It’s often bent as previous people lifting the cars are careless. If you’re using a jack with a flat top or lift, I would just use the area medial (inboard) to the channel with a hockey puck. For the front, if you’re using a lift, any point along the rear part of the wheel well (angled medially - from back to front) I think would be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Basal Skull

Basal Skull Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    Here’s a pic of my rear jack point. I straightened the tabs and shot it with undercoating material Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

turbo-joe likes this.
  14. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    A 4” or so piece of 2x2 nominal (about 1.5 x 1.5 in) fits tightly in there and will prevent further bending by a floor jack. Hit Home Depot.

Too much lift on a single corner will bust your window!

turbo-joe and Basal Skull like this.