Race track in Mason County Approved: Construction Begins Immediately! | FerrariChat

Race track in Mason County Approved: Construction Begins Immediately!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by sammyb, Apr 26, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    It is with true excitement that I can publicize to my F-Chat friends that the Special Use Permit was granted late last night for The Ridge Motorsports Park outside of Shelton in Mason County. The Special Use Permit contained no restrictions of importance (no noise or time restrictions) and should be seen as a huge victory!!!

To put it in simpler language: The Ridge Motorsports Park has been green flagged and construction begins immediately! The race track now has an official website at www.ridgemotorsportspark.com. This is where you'll be able to follow the progress and scheduling of initial events. In a few days, an official announcement will be made by Rod and Joe of The Ridge Motorsports Group, but Rod wanted the great news to be communicated to all of the hard-working supporters of RaceinMason ASAP.

At this point I want to thank each and every one of you for your words of support on www.raceinmason.com, appearances at the hearings, getting the word out on forums and at car events, and your expertise in ensuring that The Ridge Motorsports Park will be a fun and safe track facility for generations to come.

Most importantly, our thanks need to go to Rod and Karen Powell and Joe Manke. Without their time, money, vision, and unshakable determination, we wouldn't have this new motorsports park to which we can look forward!

I look forward to seeing you and your F-cars (and Lamborghinis ;) ) running at The Ridge in the very near future!!!

All the best,

Sam

2. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    I wonder if he still plans on pavement down by August? Any idea? He was very bold and said we are flying when we get approval.

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Excellent news!! Looking forward to seeing it!!

4. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Fantastic news!!!!!

5. Apple Sauce

Apple Sauce Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2008
    Wide Open Throttle
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Outstanding news

6. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    The pavement will be down sooner than August. It needs time to cure, so that's why late August is the time that has been set for exhibition runs.

7. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Fantastic news, Sam! And special thanks and congrats to Joe, Karen, and Rod!!

Their vision and perseverance is to be commended and admired.

I feel a need for some track time coming on real serious sometime about late August. How and where do we go to set something up?

8. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    No events will be scheduled until they can rule out delays. Once the surface is beginning to cure, I'm sure you'll be able to arrange times. The web site will have all the appropriate information.

Just keep checking the website for updates. Rod will make sure that clubs are aware when he's ready to start scheduling for late summer/early fall...and then for 2012.

Glad everyone is as excited as I am!!!

9. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Great news indeed! Will be following this closely....

Jedi

10. M Baker

M Baker Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2010
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    In this day and age - a new auto/motorbike race track in Washington state! I went to the Mason County hearing almost a year ago (May) to support it and I am pleasantly surprised to see all the doors open this quckly. It says alot about their ability to work with government in Mason County.

11. kx5fast

kx5fast Karting

Jul 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    RP

Bold. I like that. Fits I think.

Check out the video links on the website. I took these Saturday night.

We have no less than 45 pieces of heavy equipment on the site.

Bold. Yes, it fits.

Plus being a tad overambitious never hurt either ;-)

http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/

12. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #12 Cavallino Aficionado, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
    Rod- That's more than BOLD!!

Hey, what ever happened to the pocket gophers?

(a) They will reside on site in thier very own miniature Ferrari world theme park? :) :)
    (b) Resolved as a non-issue as they will happily move along to live in other clear-cut areas

13. M Baker

M Baker Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2010
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's been cleaned up quite a bit since the tour we had a year ago today!

14. kx5fast

kx5fast Karting

Jul 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    RP

We are creating pocket gopher Nirvana in the upper run off areas. We have planted a seed mix (no lie) that exactly meets their nutrition requirements.

The pocket gopher may do so well that the area cannot support them, as the carrying capacity of the land may exceed the population itself.

Cute little guys, they won't bother us a bit. The love the grass mowed, and apparently, since they are mostly located in freeway medians as well as airports, noise is no problem at all.

Sliding sideways in the runoff, therefore, should not be an issue.

They are nocturnal, so if one happens to have its little noggin out if the hole while a car slides sideways, now thats just Darwinism at work right there.

RP

15. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    That's some funny s**t! Too bad thier nocturnal, you won't be able to house any wack-a-mole fundraiser games!

16. kx5fast

kx5fast Karting

Jul 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    RP
    #16 kx5fast, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  17. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
  18. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Rod might be "bigger" if he were in Texas, but here he is simply "faster".

19. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    They are making some quick progress!!