F40 This Sat. | FerrariChat

F40 This Sat.

Discussion in 'New England' started by ronfrohock, May 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Anyone going?
    I have been to the FoNE event many times. I have never been to F40.
    Thinking about driving down.
    Has anyone ever been?
    - Ron

2. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    Fun event, usually are some interesting cars visiting as well as under restoration. You might even get yourself on TV if Wayne's filming! Coffee, donuts and other goodies available too.

As for me, I'll be driving down with a friend in his 308 Friday to the Baltimore area for the Tom Yang Radcliffe Garage Party also tucking in a visit to the Simeone Museum. Lot's of vintage V-12's in Tom's gathering, which is my bag. Good long trip, as Ferraris are meant to be used. I only wish my transmission was finished, but never had seat-time in a 308 so it should be a gas.

Sam

3. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Sam...what time you planing on arriving. Are you coming down 95? I might hook up with you near Saybrook if I can break free. I know some awesome back roads that'll get us there with a smile.

PM sent

4. Presto

Presto Rookie

Mar 2, 2011
    I was debating whether to go to the FoNE or F40 event. I've never been to either and they're on the same day. Finally decided on F40. Slightly closer to my home, and I love the show!!

Leo

5. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    That is always a fun gathering, but parking is a challenge. I would go but am coaching soccer this year on Sat morns...priorities... :D

6. motormike

motormike Rookie

Oct 31, 2008
    I will be attending the event it is always a good time and the salesman there is a really nice guy ; )

7. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    Mike- did they hire somebody new? :)

8. motormike

motormike Rookie

Oct 31, 2008
    Haha not nice.

9. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    LOL! :D

10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I'm planing on being at F40 with the 308. Just back for FL where I looked at a couple of F335s.

11. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Because of work my plans to get there early got put aside and I wasn't able to leave Fairfield County until nearly 1. Halfway to Portland the skies opened up and it rained right up until I got to F40 just after 2. There were still a bunch of people there and some nice cars but it was clear that the rain sent a lot of people home early.

As in the past, the amount of traffic in Portland amazes me and the parking around the F40 shop was as insane as ever, with the cranky traffic cop, the hundreds of cones in the street and the lines of cars going by.

I'll post a few pictures when I get through some work this weekend but there were some stunning cars, particularly in the "barn find" section with the old Lusso, Rolls Royce and the Allard (technically not a barn find as it was in pretty good shape).

Naturally, it was all sunny skies for the trip home!

All in all, it was still worth it. I got to spend some quality seat time in the 400i, saw some interesting cars, had an ice cream bar and got to meet Motormike. No sign of the new, "nice" sales guy though! :)

12. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    What a great car.
    F40 was a great take. We drove down from central MA. Didnt take the red car, it was pouring when we left.
    Great cars! The Merc's in the showroom were amazing.
    - Ron Frohock

13. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi Ron: No, mine is silver.

14. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Didn't see it.
    We were there for a short time just after lunch.
    Wish I did though, I love 400i's.
    Will you be at Newport?

15. ET550

ET550 Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    CT
    I arrived there a little after 10am (from Fairfiel County as well} and couldn't believe how crowded it already was and the lack of parking. The black 400i convertible was indeed very nice (the wheels looked great on the car) as was the pantera sitting next to it. Nice assortment of cars all around with good weather all morning. Eventually left by 1pm.