X-Terra not trail rated? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

X-Terra not trail rated?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Husker, May 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 430man

430man Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2011
    AKK sorry wax.. I must of misread your thread (http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317520) because I read to mean the exact opposite of what you actually said. -- In fact I dug the thread up to link it in my defense and then learned I misread it when it was originally posted.

OK Fair enough.

But if I get busted for bypassing the ****ing profanity filter. (;)) Can this ******* get busted for spamming? Seems fair to me. ;)

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry

Realized [A] after I shut down last night . . .

[A] entrail-rated. See

See [A]

disclaimer: I like Husker's sense of humor.

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007

well done, waxy. well done.

disclaimer: I don't like husker's sense of humor.

4. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I suggest you try it. Go get a Jeep Compass, call Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat corporate, get all of the info you need, including all testing procedures, instrumentation, etc, and tell Jeep that you will incur all the costs out of your own pocket, but in the event you can prove that it can be trail rated, then they can reimburse you for all of your costs. Might be about a hundred grand. Then, take a semester off from high school, oops, I mean, a few months off of work, and set out to perform the testing yourself - traverse the Rio Grande or something - we'll wait. When you are on the phone with Jeep, make sure you ask them what the definition of "registered trademark" is. Then, go perform exactly the same tests with a new XTerra, and prove that it DOESN'T pass. Once you do all of this, then you can STILL NOT TRULY SAY YOU OWN US, you stupid, moronic freaking jackass.

Meanwhile, I'm going to buy a 10 y/o used Land Cruiser, and do things in it your idiotic mind cannot even comprehend and that a (marketing gimmic) trail rated POS brand new Grand Cherokee cannot perform.....

Riddle me this, a hole: why is it that Dodge counterpart vehicles that are exactly the same as Jeeps except for bodywork (Nitro same as Liberty, new Durango same as Grand Cherokee) are not trail rated?

How far do you really want to take this?

5. 430man

430man Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2011
    You really think telling the same 'joke' for 4 years is still funny? wow

6. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I think its hilarious. Everytime I see an X-terra or a trail rated jeep I remember this thread and it makes me at least smile. Sometimes I'll even laugh out loud in a crowd of people.

7. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

It's fun to laugh at stupid people. And Colin is perfect for it.

8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Heckler
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nz5TWRRv8A[/ame]

9. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Sorry, but I am just trying to understand. What you are saying is that the Dodge, which is "supposedly" the same as the Jeep, is in fact not the same, as it is not, and theoretically can not be, Trail Rated? This is certainly a win for Jeep!

10. 430man

430man Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2011
    Dude, read the rest of the thread... this is a 4 year long dumb joke of him baiting people into a mindless debate. The whole thing is just a big waste of bandwidth.

11. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Nope, and completely missed the point.

12. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    the problem that you have got is that the Dodge hasn't been trail rated. i dunno who said it was the same as the jeep but i can guarantee you one thing it's not trail rated. you can't always buy a car just because it looks nice. i think its wise to look a little deeper beyond the flash and see how good the car really is.

13. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    I was almost swayed by the Dodge's new television commercial, but then I watched it again and I noticed the lack of Trail Rating. This thread has really helped me understand.
    Thanks Husker.

14. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    OMG you guys can't be serious.

Can anyone check to see if these accounts originate from the same IP?

In case you're not the same troll....Qvb...the point is that, oh hell, forget it.

15. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #90 Husker, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
    alot of the times on commercials you aren't getting the full story. sometimes they leave out factoids that could affect the customers buying decisions. what you have to look at is if it is really trail rated and if it's not there isn't going to be a badge on the car. that's the hole point - alot of these cars are not trail rated but they are being passed off as if they are.

16. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Welcome back Husker. Not the same without you.

Does anyone know how to check and see if ANY of the Toyotas are Trail Rated? I like Toyotas but I'm not stupid.

17. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    definatily they are not because i went to blows with the local dealership about this very question. i argued with the guy for maybe 15 minutes before i finally just left. i am not saying that toyotas are not good cars because i think that they have some good points but as of right now they don't have a unit that has the trail rated. they will try to tell you it dont matter blah blah and thats fine you just need to know what you are buying.

18. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Been doing any remote controlled airplane flying lately, Husker?

19. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    NO BECAUSE TRAIL RATED IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARKED LOGO OF JEEP BECAUSE IT IS A MARKETING TACTIC AND HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH CAPABILITIES OF OTHER, MORE CAPABLE VEHICLES, BECAUSE JEEP FIGURED OUT A WAY TO HOOK YOU KOOKY PEOPLE INTO BELIEVING THAT THIS HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH ALL 4 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES. APPARENTLY YOU ARE STUPID!

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE IS YET ANOTHER PERSON THAT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS ALL MARKETING TO ADD TO THE POT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done wasting keystrokes on this nonsensical trash.

20. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    This tread has really bummed me out because I was considering selling my Landcruiser, and now I feel compelled to disclose that it is not trail rated to prospective buyers. That may cost me a few thousand right there. Had I known that when I bought it new, I certainly would have used it as a lever to drive the purchase price down a few notches.

It's like paying top dollar for that classic car you've always wanted, only to discover it was in a horrific accident and patched for quick resale.

21. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #96 250californiafan, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
    HUSKER IS A TROLL THAT ENJOYS GETTING RESPONSES LIKE THIS FROM PEOPLE. PEOPLE ARE NOT THAT DUMB,THEY ARE BEING SARCASTIC AND ARE PLAYING WITH HIM. WHAT I CAN'T BELIEVE IS THAT YOU CAN'T SEE THIS. IF YOU DON'T REALIZE THAT YOU PROBABLY AREN'T IN A POSITION TO BE CALLING OTHER PEOPLE STUPID.
    SEE, ISN'T CAPS LOCK ANNOYING.

22. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    HAHAHAHAHA......

Awwww Jeez... you guy have me laughing out loud here....

Funny stuff...

Mike

23. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I didn't get any coffee 'til noon.

So yes, I'll admit to being a complete idiot in this instance.

24. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    i really don't see what the big deal is about this. i started this post over 4 years ago just as an alert that certain SUVs aren't trail rated and a few pages later I'm the second coming of Hitler himself.

LET ME SAY THIS: I AM JUST THE MESSENGER. I DON'T TRAIL RATE YOUR SUV.

BUT IF I COULD .... I'D SLAP A TRAIL RATED BADGE ON EVERY ONE OF YOUR CARS JUST BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE SUCH DARN NICE GUYS.

25. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    MODS! BULL CALLED ME STUPID!!!!

BULL CALLED ME KOOKY!

HE ALSO USED THE PHRASE "NONSENSICAL TRASH" IN AN OBVIOUS SLUR AGAINST MY VALUABLE AND LONGSTANDING SCREEN NAME!

PERSONAL ATTACK!!! PARSONAL ATTACK!!!