Any Honda guys here? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Any Honda guys here?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ScottForster, Sep 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roanokejim

roanokejim Rookie

Apr 25, 2011
    Hi sumbaco. I agree with you. I think that the Aisin transmission are really nice. :D

2. SteveBalance

SteveBalance Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I like my AP1 S2000. A great poor man's sports car. I like the 9,000 RPM redline.

3. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    My 2009 Accord has improved over the last few months. Oil usage has decreased to a quart about every 1400 miles. Not ideal but I can live with it.

Fuel efficiency has improved to the EPA standards.

Other than that, a very comfortable and nice car that was a lot of vehicle for the money. We will see how long it lasts. 73k and counting (bought it with 60k).

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #129 Gatorrari, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My history, all blue cars. (I always said that my first red car would be my first Ferrari, and it is!)

1978 Accord hatchback (sold with 152,000 miles)
    1986 Accord LXi hatchback (sold with 270,000 miles)
    2000 Civic Si coupe (sold with 132,000 miles to a friend)
    2012 Civic EX coupe (bought 11/28/11; so far it's great)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    #130 BT, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    Well, we have had an Acura / Honda since 1987, but my first Honda sports car is a 2006 S2000 that I got about 2 months ago. It doesn't handle as well as my old ginetta, and it doesn't sound as good or feel as fast as my old 348, but the reliability and overall experience makes it awesome. I am hoping after my first mountain trip in April that it will become my favorite sports car I have ever had. It is a better looking car in person than in pictures, and the interior is snug, but appealing to me. The Honda cars we have had are:
    1987 Acura Integra 5 door white / 5 speed manual. (totalled in a hit and run wreck)
    1990 Acura Integra 4 door teal / 5 speed manual. (drove it for 9 years, one repair!)
    2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L blue / Auto. (selling it Wednesday after 168k miles, one repair!)
    2009 Honda CR-V Black / Auto (my daughter's car, no problems)
    2006 Honda S2000 Laguna Blue Pearl / 6 speed manual. (just got it, have a VSA light for the yaw sensor, $50 part used).

We have never had any substantial mechanical issues with any of these cars.
    So far I would say the 1990 Integra drove the best, and the S2k has the best transmission feel.
    :)
    BT

6. m3forlife

m3forlife Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Bought my first car just over 2 months ago...a 2003 Acura RSX coupe. I love it! Can't wait for summer so I can put the Pilot Sports on and see how she really handles

7. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    Currently driving around a swapped and turboed EK civic hatch for a winterbeater while I finish my suspension and wheel set up on my Infiniti Q45t and finish building my swapped Mitubishi Mirage Turbo hatchback race set up.

8. Reece

Reece Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2010
    MMMMMMinneapolis
    Full Name:
    Reece Mikkelson
    How did I not discover this thread earlier? Honda is my 2nd favorite brand, behind Toyota. Japanese cars are my favorite cars. I used to half own a 1997 Civic EJ8 Ferio, I miss it so much.

9. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    First, an honorable mention: The DC2 Intregra Type R, still considered to be one of the the best handling and balanced sports cars of all time (see the endless praise at evo, who not only consider it the best handling FWD car of all time, but one of the best overall handlers, period.) All-original, pampered, low mileage examples of this cult classic pop up on autotrader.com all the time. ~$15K buys a car lover's daily that's as easy to own as any mainstream Japanese car you can name. (For more info on the USDM Type R http://www.integratyper.org/ Many 2000-2001s came in yellow, which is a striking color for this car.)

When The Girl gives up on restoring the stock engine of her '91 CRX, and she will, we'll probably end up installing a quality rebuilt ZC DOHC, which pops right in. We'll probably fuse an Si and ZC transmission with an HF fifth gear, with Type R shafts, trailing arms, hubs, wheels, brakes, a custom suspension and a lot of balancing work completing the package. Esthetically, all the car needs is a new hood, the original having been damaged by an altercation with a 30 ton truck's rear ladder, and new stock seats. That's an immortal, fun drive.

10. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
  11. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    #136 RacerX_GTO, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Throwing this into the "Honda bin", as there's no 'Look at the random Honda microcar I spotted today!'

Out on a drive Friday, next to a pizza joynt there was this. Honda Z600
    Unusual Honda car to find out the middle of the sticks. Pre-VTEC boys! Feel the raw power! :)

Latitude:44.140648°
    Longitude:-122.602928°

Google maps: 44.140648° -122.602928°

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  13. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Include Acura, of course...

14. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
  15. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

This was at today’s car gathering. Tiny! RHD. Front plates were Japanese I think. No idea which model Honda it is, but looked like a lot of fun.

16. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I always wanted to put a bumper sticker on my Ferrari that said my other car is a Honda.

17. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    How is the new civic type r as a daily driver, I'm contemplating picking one up near me

18. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

That is a Honda Beat, a Japanese market Kei car powered by a 0.66 liter motor.

19. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Everything I've heard personally or read is they are great DD'er cars. Very reliable, great ride quality and very surprising performance.

20. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ex Ex (that's two ago) had a Civic....five speed car.....I seriously liked that car more than my current Ferrari. Fun Fun Fun. RELIABLE!! You don't need a ton of horsepower to enjoy driving.