Testarossa Top Of Engine Refurbish | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Top Of Engine Refurbish

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Shamile, Nov 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #326 Shamile, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dear Ferraristi,

...taking a break and having a drink with a few friends....Megan, Kayleigh and Katrina.

Getting closer....

Put the airbox back in...

YELLOW OEM Nylocks....OOOH!

Now, that we've got pretty much everything back together. Go over all the connectors, clamps, plugs, fastners...just one more time....just to be sure. Check around the timing belt area that NOTHING has fallen in, close or around those belts.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #327 Shamile, Apr 3, 2011
    Dear Ferraristi,

Atomic batteries to power....turbines to speed....ready to move out....

OK....after checking everything twice....time to start the Vice-Machine

Twist the key....rrrrrrrr...nothing.....rrrrrrr....nothing......rrrrrrrr.....nothing. Hmm....wiggle a few connectors, check the main connectors at the triangular box....

rrrrrr....nothing....rrrrrrr cah..cah...cah....nothing....rrr...cahahahahahaa...nothing. Hmm..wants to start..stalls...maybe tacometric relay...maybe fuse box...maybe...maybe...

rrrrr....cahaaaaahhahahaacccc...RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRR ! Whow ! Yeah boiiiii !

OK, now with all that marvel mystery oil in the cylinders ( lubrication after the valve cleaning)
    ...time to start killing bugs.

Well, It ran smooth....smoked like hell for 45 minutes. I decided to just take it around the block....just in case.

Well, it ran...felt a little stiff....but a little more running....nothing past 3000 rpm...

A little more running....OK...lets cruise. I drove about 15 miles down to my facility and then back...not to close...not too far.

The TR is really starting to feel goooood. Super smooth, very steady...I mean very steady at idle...no side to side. I guess that new meter box with the undamaged side module has something to do with it.... :D

I get back to the garage....jump out and yell...Freeze...Miami Vice ! Oooh...I haven't been able to do that in awhile. Hey Lamborghini...don't look at me like that...don't get pouty...:D

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !!!!

3. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #328 Shamile, Apr 3, 2011
    Dear Ferraristi,

This thread is done...what a ride !

Well, after running the car for about a few hundred miles now, it runs super smooth and better than I can ever remember. The idle is super smooth with no side to side (typical unbalanced situation) and just a beautiful note on the exhaust.

For the first time in 10 years, the car starts on the first twist of the key with a roar...no sputter than stall. Even when it was luke warm, it would start then only come to life after a couple of minutes. Now, start...whatever temp and smooth.

BIG THANKS!

Jim McGee

My biggest thanks goes to Jim McGee of Pocono Sports Car. Besides all the written advice, Jim was always a phone call away with a torque spec or "hey, how come this isn't doing this" kinda questions.

Dave Helms

Dave really came through with his gold connector kit and threw in alot of stuff just because he felt I was in soo deep. I was always able to call for his advice on things...especially when I was in deep with the fuel meter unit.

Rifledriver/ Steve Magnuson

Brian and Steve really came to my rescue on the resistors in the temp sensor. With their help, my TR starts with a roar everytime....even cold.
    Steve again on the O2 sensor wires and verifying which is which.

Ferrari / Maserati of Central Florida

Special thanks to my service manager Rocky. I was always able to go into the back shop take up alot of his time. He would take me over to a TR they were working on and point out...do this...do that. Oh...don't forget this...don't forget that. He even had his mechanic pull the cover plate off a TR bell housing just so he could show me how to rotate the engine. That time costs everyone money....I really appreciate it.

Norwoods Performance

They really came through with the fuel meter unit and took the time make sure it was working properly and that the side module was good. They even sent it to me in super clean conditon....thanks for the help guys. This was a very tough find.

Well, My Testarossa is back out in its proper envionment...in front of a night club....with a hot young chick... :D

Kerri likes the engine work... :D

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

4. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Awesome thread - glad to see the big smiles now that the Vice is back on the streets.

5. Hawaii

Hawaii Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2007
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Emery
    Great Job and fantastic pictures. Glad to hear the Vice mobile is back to its old tricks.
    Did you do the complete gold kit or just a few of the connectors?
    I always wondered if any of the young jealous guys at the club, every vandalize your cars parked out front??

6. Juri

Juri Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Juri
    Enjoyed your posts very much ! Lots of valuable information on how to do stuff !
    You r da man !

7. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    #332 sparky p-51, Apr 4, 2011
    SHAMWIZZ....thanks much for the more than entertaining and educational thread. Going to miss it a bunch. Gotta love it...cool TR and cute gals.

8. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    #333 Nurburgringer, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
    congrats!

Very fun thread.
    Must be nice - wrenching on italian cars by day, hitting up babes by night.

cheers to you bud

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Impressive thread to two of my favorite topics, thanks for sharing.

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    GOTTA have the yellow nylocks.....:D :D :D

Nice work, Shamille.

There's a future for you, as an electrician!!!

11. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Thanks for the positive vibes guys.... :D

Shamile

Freeze.....Miami Vice !

12. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    17 pages and at least 1 poon shot on every page.

Impressive!

13. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    most impressive thread and the repair work was great also.

14. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Well that was a cool thread to bring back from the dead. To think that those girls are now out of Shamiles age range.

15. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    LOL!

16. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Maybe should do a..........Where are they now!!!!!! Type deal........Shamille are you listening ?

17. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    It's nice to see this thread back again. I get the Fchat notifications on my smartphone. I looked through all the pictures again and while some might "facepalm" ....nope, I had so much fun hanging out with the girlies I knew back then.

Like all things, we move on. I still have a lot of them on my fb but as they've gotten older and without any proper education their lives are a mess. Florida is a great party state and they were all " young and fun" but not so much now. Here, you're either a "have" or "have not"

Cayleigh has a kid now and in a longterm relationship but barely scraping by.

Julie become hooked on drugs and in and out of jail.

Katrina got married and is a manager at Geico

Cassie has a kid (at 19) and fights alcoholism

Brandy has a kid now is in nursing school

Kristina is a registered nurse

Victoria moved up north and has two kids

Brittany K has two kids, single and struggles to get by as a server

Paige just disappeared

Brittany R is a real-estate agent

Jen moved back to SC and I lost touch

April got married

Sharron got married

Amber H is in a relationship and has a kid

Lauren became a registered nurse at 21 (super brilliant) got hooked on drugs and disappeared ( this was very sad to me )

Shelly got on drugs

I know a lot of this sounds sad but that's life. Many people just fall through the cracks without a proper education.
    I mainly hang out with my fellow Lamborghini owners now and we have a lot of get togethers.....but of course life wouldn't be fun without dancing a Saturday nite away to pounding bass EDM with a tall thin blonde thigh-high boots and kitty ears lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

18. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I enjoy your informative posts and am about to to the injectors on a new to me 87 testarossa, so found it interesting and will watch out for the spacers falling. My wife probably will not let me take any additional pictures and at 54 I still have complete head of hair...........so unfortunately no kissing my head! Always good to read your posts etc. I also want a Lamborghini, .......Murci preferably we will see. I am outside of Baltimore area and Sunday I hear this almost motorcycle high pitched slow winding it out sound.........and an orange Murci and a lime green I think gallardo roll by back to back......only made me want them more.

Good Deal Shamile

19. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    wow, talk about walking up to my balloon with a pin…sad days indeed, of late anyway,
    hoped for better for those fun loving girls...
    I sure did enjoy reading and '''living vicariously''' through your posts though, made me smile

:)

20. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I once dated a stripped after she decided to give it all up and settle down. As harsh as this may sound, I didn't want to be at the tail end of someone else's lifetime of bad decisions. Fun for a bit but I believe the same personality traits that got her into stripping in the first place carry on throughout thier lives.

21. Gialllo uno

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sam, don't be a buzz kill. The girls are still telling people about the guy and the ferrari they were in. They never felt so special, so let's be happy for them in a sense and thankful to Shamille for being so generous in his help here on ferrari chat. And if I may to steal a line.........Freeze....Miami Vice!!!

22. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hello Shamile....it's good to hear from you old friend! I'm glad to hear your still an exotic car-guy. As you said, things change and life goes on...and although I'm no longer a Ferrari or Maserati owner, I still watch exotics and from the curb. I sure do miss those days...

23. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Sorry to disapoint lol I'm able to have fun as I made it a point to balance business with living life to the best of my ability. All the girlies I know were 18-19 back then and are at least 26 now. With no planning for the future on their part, you can't expect good results. I know Hooters girlies that are now "mother hens" bartenders at 27 still trying to compete with fresh 18 yr olds starting out. Yep, the cycle just continues.

Haha....and a big "Freeze....Miami Vice!" right back to ya Gaillo! The problem about "girls still telling about the guy and the Ferrari" is that I can't tag any girlie I go out dancing with anymore. If I do, she'll get a bunch of random fb messages..."watch out for that guy" bla bla bla lol Oh well :D

I read that you're interested in buying a Murcielago. When that time comes, hit me up. I'll help you in what to look out for. I drive my 06 Murcielago Roadster as a daily driver.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

24. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Carguy!!

How are you Jedimaster? Well, since I'm a Lamborghini guy.....I have learned much from you Sith Lord lol

Doing just fine. I finially finished up the steering rack on Testarossa and still have to upload the pictures and finish that thread.

How can you NOT be a Testarossa owner?? You're like the original OG around here :D

I still have my TR and now a Murcielago Roadster. I find the Murcielago Roadster soft and namby pampy compared to my hardcore Diablo VT Roadster. I just test drove an Aventador Roadster and like it. While I do find the car even softer and really do hate the egear system....the car makes my jaw drop like my Diablo used to. When you sit behind the wheel, the dash rolls up and over and meets the windshield in a steep angle like a fighter jet...it's soooo cool!

I can buy a coupe now but will wait until next year to afford the Roadster. While it rains at a moments notice in FL, nothing is better than crusing on the interstate coming back from a nightclub at 4am with the top off.

I hope you can get back in a TR someday and I'll ignore the Maserati "transgression" ;)

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

25. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Shamile,
    "watch out for that guy" bla, bla, bla!!!
    Have fun while you can.