Ferrari FF | Page 45 | FerrariChat

Ferrari FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Russ H, Jan 21, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobberz

bobberz Rookie

Oct 17, 2010
    Sterling, VA
    Full Name:
    Michael Escobar
    Darn, I was hoping for a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT12! It would be a fitting way to top the SRT8, since it was one SUV that could trounce many "sports cars" (at least in a straight line). I've seen some turbo'd versions with >600HP.
    The Maser SUV seems more plausible, but I just can't see the implementation of Maser styling cues looking good on an SUV. The mahoosive oval grille on the GT and Quattroporte would look silly on a tall SUV.
    Anyone remember the Spyker Peking-Paris SUV concept?

2. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    No. . . I don't think they will.

While Porsche's SUV is widely credited with "saving" the company, they came to the party more or less in the middle of the SUV craze, and were among the first in the luxury subset of SUVs.

I'm not a market expert, but everything I've been hearing is that the SUV fad is winding down. I doubt that bringing a new car to a market in a niche that is losing popularity, and which Ferrari has not previously been a part of, would make sound business sense now.

3. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Both the FF concept, and its aesthetics, are slowly but surely growing on me. I have seen two of them in the flesh and I have been very pleasantly surprised by the impact and refinement of the design. I like the noise, and the interior is truly beautiful, especially without all the retro optional additions. It's an honest Ferrari 2+2 with very interesting technology (which I was unaware of). I am eating my words on this one.

Conversely, every california I see reinforces my initial negative impression of an ugly "look at me" Maser with too many Ferrari badges.

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Damn, what was that!!!! I just felt the ground move below my feet.

Dale

5. mr.modena

mr.modena Formula 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Jaroslav Hanus
  6. Moca

Moca Formula 3

Feb 3, 2007
    Hungary, Szombathely
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Dear All,

i am so proud to be involved in the development of the new Ferrrai FF. The firm where i work, will make the electrical architecture, the wiring harness, the data connectivity, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) module, condenser, compressor, control head, and a lot of sensors for the FF. Unfortunately i didnt see the parts yet.

7. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Does anyone know when we will see what the press has to say about this car? I really cannot wait to see it, I'm very excited.

8. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    I saw it on the cover of some magazine last week, but didn't read the article. I think it might have been Automobile.

9. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I wonder if that was an actual review or a preview, R&T had a preview for this month. Maybe it was a first drive?

10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    VAF84, of2worlds, uhn2000 and 3 others like this.
  11. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Wow ! Is that a wrap ? I’ve been considering freshening up my FF. Any details in this color ? Thx

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i just test drove ff for 1st time and loved it. interior room isnt too far off from what i have now w 4 door alfa giulia. will miss having 4 doors though. ride is firm but reasonable and engine is to die for. i will take any color since i plan to wrap it in british racing green. perfect color for it.

what options are good to have. so far i know i want cruise control and the led steering wheel. not sure about glass top as it might get too hot and melt interior. is there a shade that can block the sun? any thing else?

thanks

13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Hi,

Unfortunally there was no details provided with the pic... It can be Verde Zetltweg

of2worlds likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    honestly options are personal. none are going to make or break resale. there isn't a ton of demand for FFs but at current prices theyre a **** ton of car. I like CF. I have cruise control but never use it. LED steering wheel is cool but that's it - not really functional driving on the street. Glass top also personal - not something anyone in the front seats will benefit from. No shade available for the glass roof

15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    thanks for heads up. so glass roof is to make seem more spacious to rear passengers? does it make interior very hot and ruin materials?

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes rear passengers will notice the roof. I have the glass on my 612OTO and I never noticed the temperature inside the car being much worse than a regular roof.

I have pre teens and they have never wanted to ride in the back seat, fwiw. they literally wld rather sit in the back of a 2017 fiat abarth. back seats aren't the most usable.

17. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    How do the back seats in the FF compare to the 612? I was under the impression that the back seats were actually quite usable even for adults in the FF.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Really? I found them decent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh i dont know - i dont have super tall kids. people have disagreed with me but i thought id be using the backseats all the time and i never do. doing 3 drop offs at school wld be a pia with an FF.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That I would agree- but maybe passengers enjoy a nice spirited drive in it?

21. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I did a Lowes run with myself and two other adult males in the FF

I wouldn't wanna do that again, but it IS possible

The pano room makes the car seem huge on the inside

22. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    back seat in ff is comparable to any of the small euro coupes to me. bmw 430, audi 5, mb c

23. jamiew

jamiew Rookie

Dec 30, 2009
    I use the back seats all the time with my kids. They’re preteen also and love sitting back there. Zero complaints.

24. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nospinzone likes this.
  25. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran