Glasses specific for viewing computer screen..... | FerrariChat

Glasses specific for viewing computer screen.....

Discussion in 'Technology' started by kizdan, Jan 25, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I don't know if it is because I am getting older, but I find I have to turn down the brightness, contrast, and gamma of my computer screen, otherwise my eyes really start to get irritated.

Does anyone have recommendations for glasses that are specific for cutting down the glare, and providing relief to eyes that have to look at a screen for so long every day? If they can also serve as reading glasses, that would be great.

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

3. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    Cool, so you can look like Ray Charles while you work at the computer

4. 430man

430man Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2011
    I spend as much as 16 hours a day in front a computer if I'm in a project. (workaholic) About 18 months ago I started getting horrible headaches... like could not lift my head up headaches. I was convinced I needed glasses. I had symptoms very similar to yours then the headaches would start. But my male ego refused to admit I was getting old and go see an eye doctor.

This went on for about 9 months. Then I bought a 24" LED monitor and started working at a desktop station instead of my 17" HP laptop. In just a few days, my headaches disappeared. I didn't notice at first but my wife mentioned how good I was doing. That lasted for about 3 weeks until I spent a day on the laptop and I could not get off the sofa.

Several iterations of testing proved out that my eyes and that laptop do not get along. I've never had the problem on any other screen I've worked on and I switch hardware constantly. -- If I put an external monitor on that laptop, I do just fine. I don't know what... but there something about that lcd panel that kills me.

A buddy of mine was having similar issues and at my suggestion he switched monitors with his wife and he is fine.

Bottom line, you might check the environmental factors before you admit your age. ;)

5. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
    ray bans. Look cool while surfing (the internet)