Casey Putsch to appear at the KIC, Road America July 18-20 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Casey Putsch to appear at the KIC, Road America July 18-20

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ProCoach, Jul 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Oh man, sorry. As soon as I get back from soccer.

2. chaparralman

chaparralman Karting

Jan 30, 2008
    Lolaman,

That is interesting about Bill Binnie and the Pre-War group. I've been wanting to have some fun in that class myself (not for the racing mind you), but for one heck of an experience. I am thinking of bringing my strait-8 Lycoming powered Auburn race car to Pittsburgh next year. It is really a tank compared to the Bugattis, but should be a load of fun no less.

Casey Putsch

3. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Casey, we've been here for two days already and we haven't seen you. I'm just sayin'...

4. chaparralman

chaparralman Karting

Jan 30, 2008
    Just sayin.......................

Do you really think anyone on F-Chat cares about your disdain for me?

5. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

At least half a dozen people do.

How's that Euro F3 ride coming?

6. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Casey:

He's right you've become the class clown, and we're all watching. Why didn't you show up?

Art

7. chaparralman

chaparralman Karting

Jan 30, 2008
    I spent the past weekend at The Glenmoor Gathering of Significant Automobiles as I was displaying my McKee/Lola.

http://www.glenmoorgathering.com/

Last week, I was busy with business planning.

While I appreciate the invitation, I had more pressing priorities.

Casey Putsch

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Display? Planning? Eh... to be successful at racing, there is only racing, nothing else. Even if you are out doing lawn mower racing (which looks pretty darned cool), it would be competitive racing.

9. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Please. You knew we were there Wednesday through Sunday.

10. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #210 yzee, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've been approached concerning the purchase of Team 21 but funding has become an issue. Anyone? The exposure on this is expected to be phenomenal.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Go for it Michael, just watch your fingers. =)

12. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    And, based on the livery, it must be a Honda Jr. team.

CW

13. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Hey! Wait a minute! That's my racing 'car'!

Is my team owner selling my tractor...I mean car...out from under me?

14. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You are on the radar, but difficult decisions remain, A Prost/Senna thing would set us back.

15. chaparralman

chaparralman Karting

Jan 30, 2008
    I assume you are referring to a NASA event.

NASA is out of the scope of my direction. I spent my time this past week doing things that were the most valuable uses of my time.

Also, in regard to the following statement (made in reply to me taking part in a concours with my race car and spending time doing business planning):

"Display? Planning? Eh... to be successful at racing, there is only racing, nothing else."

OK................ Tell that to Roger Penske.

Casey Putsch
    www.putschracing.com

16. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

He retired from race driving in 1965.

17. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    After reading the many posts and threads by/about Casey Putsch, I have no idea what to make of this guy.

I, myself, am not a racer by any means, and I do applaud Casey for sticking his neck out there. But I hesitate to endorse this guy for being a real professional after reading the exchange of words on this forum.

I would like to hear from the rest of you... (including Casey)

Casey Putsch is:
    (a) a fantastic driver
    (b) an amazing racer
    (c) ambitious
    (d) delusional
    (e) arrogant
    (f) over-confident
    (g) clueless
    (h) misunderstood
    (i) a putz? (sorry Casey, couldn't resist!) just teasing... :D

Feel free to select more than 1 answer.

18. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

D and H, sincerely and exclusively.

19. chaparralman

chaparralman Karting

Jan 30, 2008
    Hello,

I want to answer the question of why I take part with this thread. The answer is simple, it is about me.

As many of you have realized, there are about a half dozen people that continually berate me and my efforts. These people look for any small detail to "spin" to try and tarnish my reputation. This is nothing new and we all see it on a daily basis in the big political race.

I step in on occasion for the many people out there in cyberspace that read this. My goal is to simply let the truth be known and to keep the lies, exaggerations, and unjust slander to a minimum.

The "honest to god" fact of the matter is that I have been truthful about what I have said in regard to my racing efforts and history.

Sadly, it is my own doing for giving the initial fuel to the Ferrari chat malice towards me. Originally, I was on this site for trouble shooting and networking in regard to a 308 GTSi that I owned a number of years ago. However, it was a post of mine earlier this year, when I talked about my opportunity to race Formula 3 Euro with the intention to shoot for F1, that bothered eveyone so much. At the time, I had NO idea that I would be met with such hostility and ultimately be called a liar.

So I pose to all the people reading this a simple challenge:

1. Look up the credentials of my F-Chat "critics" and decide for yourself if they warrant your trust.
    2. Come meet me in person, form your own impression, and feel free to ask me whatever is on your mind.
    3. Take the high road. While I'm sure it is fun for many to find jest, don't you all think it is time everyone got to the bottom of this?
    4. If you want to know if I can drive, the solution is simple, try me. Perhaps a Ferrari Challenge Car and some data ac. would be appropriate given the nature of the site. I'm comfortable with different configurations, so we could use a modern paddle shifted car or one with bias ply tires and double clutching.

There you have it.

In good spirit,

Casey Putsch
    www.putschracing.com

20. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    Hi Casey,

I admire your spirit... I am not in a position to judge you, so I won't. I'm sure you can drive/race much better than I can. I posted the multiple-choice question above to try and understand why people are saying what they are saying.

Surely, they are entitled to their opinion. But you also deserve to know the reason, and hopefully the simple (a) (b) (c).. answers will summarize that, even if it's not what you wanted to hear.

Regards,
    Shahed

21. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

That's great!

Where are your 'prominent' F1 connections and why are you still stuck in Tiffin, Ohio polishing vintage parade cars?

22. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    where's PhaseDance gonna be racing for the 2011 season?

;)

23. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

That's an excellent question.

24. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    A video was suggested in my YouTube feed last night that had some names and circumstances that rang a bell.... and so I went looking. Yes, chaparralman has a YouTube channel and has apparently been busy..... No, not in F1, Euro F3 or even GP0, 1, 2 or 3, but on GoProing his pearls of wisdom.

I post this, not to bag on the guy. What the YouTube videos do is manage to provide more context into the the personality of Mr. Putsch and informs on why his written postings were received on this forum as they were. I find his delivery and persona arrogant and snarky, but there are worse qualities one can have. I can be somewhat snarky myself given the right provocation. At the same time, some of what he is doing is interesting, so I figured I would share is channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/putsch1/videos

The particular video that rang a bell was this one and it caused me to look back on FChat posters from long past, b-mak, veirgang, Challenge64, PhaseDance, Procoach and a few others that appear in these pages.

Additionally, some of what he says is true relative to the generational change relative to historic automobiles and automobile museums, even if it comes off as sour grapes and he says it in an off-putting way. When was the last time any of you went to a horse drawn carriage museum?

Anyway, for those of you who find amusement in the deadthread wayback machine....here you go......

BigTex and lorenzobandini like this.
  25. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    [tony montana voice]every dog has his day[/tony montana voice]

Senna1994 likes this.