Ferrari FF | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Ferrari FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Russ H, Jan 21, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Ferrari's Folly

2. kaisen

kaisen Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Calling Michiel VandenBrink!!!

Please photoshop this FF into a beautiful convertible.

If you just picture it without the top, the lines are gorgeous!

3. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    #203 Stackhouse, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here you go... No PS needed it happens that Ferrari Already has a Convertible version ...

FF... F... F..AIL...FAIL

:(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. lgrf50

lgrf50 Formula 3

Jan 18, 2005
    no coment....

5. lgrf50

lgrf50 Formula 3

Jan 18, 2005
    no coment....PF is loosing it...

6. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    612 orgasmic? NOT!

7. kaisen

kaisen Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    Minneapolis
    #207 kaisen, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    I'd personally love to have a long-hood V12 ala FF Roadster, than a V8 stubby like the California. But maybe that's just me :(

Would someone with Photoshop skills humor me?

8. mclarenferrari

mclarenferrari Karting

Jul 13, 2010
    FWIW, I really like it. I think it's a step up from the rather bland styling of the 612 (while at the same time, being lighter than its predecessor). It's not as gorgeous as the 456, but it's great all the same.

And this is in no way the ugliest Ferrari ever made. That dubious distinction goes to the Ferrari 400.

One of the reasons why I love Ferrari is that they're willing to push the envelope. Other manufacturers get into fixed, stagnant designs; the beauty of Ferrari is that they always challenge their designers to break the mold and come up with something new. The rear of this car, along with the side sculpting, are fantastic.

9. OnTheLam

OnTheLam Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    Funky-Funky

10. RareAir23

RareAir23 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It looks like a one off design from a coach builder....not a production car from the factory.

11. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Jealous of the Panamera? Felt they needed a hatch back?

12. sicqnus

sicqnus Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Paris - France
    Full Name:
    Cyril Chartier
    Wow, total decay in style.
    Ugly, bland, always the same atrocious 5 spokes bland looking design wheels.

I always thought they would never make uglier than the dead whale 612...

I was wrong.

Shame on the Italians.

13. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    Fantastic looker, just looks superb :)

14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'm curiously attracted to this thing. I think that the younger guys who love the rally-inspired cars and hatchbacks: WRX, Evo, Mazda3, Focus RS, etc.

I see the looks and was thinking "Huh?," but once I saw the snow videos I was convinced (and I live in the desert now!). 4 seats, AWD, 600+ horsepower, boy racer look...

15. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

#215 SrfCity, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    Is this why they dumped Pininfarina? Ferrari FookFace. Can they just launch the limited edition version and get it over with?

16. gk@kco.no

Mar 3, 2010
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Geir Knutsen
    Well this is more like it! Suddenly I changed my mind and started liking it!

17. ARTX

ARTX Rookie

Nov 12, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Austin R.
    I have been a lurker here for quite some time and I felt today was the day to break my silence, albeit I won't be saying much about the FF as I will reserve my judgment until I see it in person. I think my main issue with the FF is the kink in the roof line over the rear wheels. Below is a quick photoshop I did of the FF sans said kink, original is on the right (Alfa 8C anyone?):
    [​IMG]

18. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'd note the letter attachment drafted under Luca's signature which was included in edition #11 of "Ferrari" (the special factory sponsored big glossy magazine provided to its customers), says as follows:

"Ferrari will bring lots of surprising and interesting news the members of its 'Family' (in 2011)--among them and first of all the launch of a new car I am PARTICULARLY PROUD (my emphasis) of: a revolutionary twelve cylinder four seat with extraordinary performances...."

I offer no opinion on its styling or my interest until I see it in the flesh--as I know often styles don't translate either immediately, in 2 dimension pictures or in artist's drawings.

However, a couple thoughts--conceptually, I'm inclinded to like the idea of "4 seat, breadvan-type, 12 cyl with 651 hp and all wheel drive. Also, sounds like Maranello's take on the newly defined super premium high performance "exec tourer" market (Panamera, Aston Rapide, Maser GTS, or new commissioned Lambo 4 door). And, if so--and the FF actually looks good in the flesh--which would you prefer of those mentioned above, and which is likely to have the "best, highest performance envelope"?

I'm not for or against--and I know I have no vote anyway esp if its a special project pushed by the Chairman :)--at least until I see/drive it...

But, picking up cleaning, running a few errands, cruising to the ski slope with gear and no fear, or doing a grocery run in a 12 cyl from Maranello is an interesting thought to consider...

19. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Why does it look so.... angry?

20. sicqnus

sicqnus Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Paris - France
    Full Name:
    Cyril Chartier
    This is the new Nissan 370/FF/ZXZThing... break.

21. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    #221 Aardy, Jan 21, 2011
  22. mpowered

mpowered Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Full Name:
    You Know Me
    I love it. I love it. I love it.
    If you have kids you can now take the whole family for a ride in a Ferrari, awesome.

If you don't like it then don't buy it, simple.

23. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    #223 Aardy, Jan 21, 2011
  24. Challengehauler

Challengehauler Formula 3

Jul 28, 2008
    NE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    DB

Yup....a stretched Cali with a direct injected 600hp/500 ft/lb V12 and all wheel drive.
    Good or bad, it is another chassis for the Ferrari history books. I'm betting that the FF will be a friggin' blast to drive. Hell, I didn't like the 599 when I first saw it...but now I know it to be a true EVIL F-car and love it.

25. 250gtlvr

250gtlvr Rookie

Apr 2, 2009