2011 Northeast Exotic Spotters Thread | FerrariChat

2011 Northeast Exotic Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'New England' started by DadsFerrari, Jan 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Time for a fresh thread as it has been the tradition... nothing to spot here yet on Jan 1, just snowmobiles :D

But the first exotic I glimpsed online today was this...

New Esprit, will it hit our roads this year? hehe
    [​IMG]

2. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    #2 DadsFerrari, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. lamborghinisown

lamborghinisown Karting

Sep 24, 2010
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Will
    #3 lamborghinisown, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So i guess ill be starting off the post with the first spot! I saw a black 2010 E63 AMG in hyannis on Cape Cod today parked at Mary Lou's. I also saw a white Bentley continental GT with blacked out wheels and the rear spoiler up! It also had HUGE Forgiato wheels on it. It was parked at a ****ty motel across from the mall! really random. What do you guys think about it?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    I bet it spent less than an hour at the motel, one of those motels I bet lol

5. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    It just goes to show you that you can't buy taste.

6. lamborghinisown

lamborghinisown Karting

Sep 24, 2010
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Will
    lmfao thats what i was thinking too! until i came back 8 hours later to find it in the EXACT same position

7. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Grey Nissan GTR at the intersection of Route 114 and 11 in New London, NH

8. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    I was thinking just the opposite, at a motel like that. And prob buying more than that.

:)

9. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    Saw a very nice dark blue Arnage coming home from skiing friday, somewhere around lincoln on 495.

10. F1-F512M

F1-F512M Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    NH
    Arctic Silver 996 Cab with gt3 style aerokit in the Plymouth NH area. Jealous....my car is in deep hibernation mode for another 3 months!

11. Bad Chariot

Bad Chariot Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    While I appreciate the guys balls for driving in the snow but the dude with the Mondial in the Wayland/Lincoln area should NOT make the rest of us with more snow appropriate cars drive 3mph while you white knuckle it going down the hills on Rt. 126

12. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    what color was it? coupe/cabrio? Maybe it was in transit, pretty odd to take out an F car during the salty months... maybe it's an unloved early Mondial 8, not worth a whole lot lol

13. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Paging Ron F.... Was that you buddy?

14. Bad Chariot

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael

Red cabrio. I see the guy several times a week and he does drive it all the time so I do give him credit for having a drivers car but that was just the wrong day. My commute was 2 hrs as it is, I met him 70% of the way down to natick. I know where he lives and for his privacy I will not state it publicly but the man is late 40's/early 50's stocky build blonde hair based on what I can see from the car shot.

The day I saw him was Day 2 of my taking my kids to work with me at the daycare and they were "ripe" to get out of the car! LOL

15. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    #15 DadsFerrari, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
    wow, sounds like a beater Mondial, do you know it is even garaged? I wonder how long he has owned it and driven it in snow. The extra wear and tear is a shame if and when you factor in the maintenance costs and the added depreciation of salt damage. Maybe it's a mechanics special, and the labor is his own.

Those 1980s TRX tires are no fun in the snow, found that out the hard way on a Thanksgiving weekend back in the 80s :( left Boston in light rain, arrived in NH to snow and spun out cars all over the highway :D Not to mention, they now cost $500 each from Coker, so I doubt that snow tires ever even existed for the oddball metric wheel size

16. Bad Chariot

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael

I wouldn't call it a beater but it's not in showroom condition either. His house is way up on a hill so what he does is park it at the end of his driveway. So yes I have seen HUGE piles of snow on it, I cringe. When I see him it's usually in the morning around 8:30 in the area of Rt 2 & 126 and he's usually heading towards Concord Ctr (I see the car at the post office all the time in the center). If he is heading north there is not much business up there. Based on the neighborhood he lives in, unless he is old $$$, the homes are $1M and up so good for him for sucking it up for the higher maintenance costs.

17. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    delorean in providence

18. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Young girl in Bedford NH out in her rents silver A.M. She smiled as she passed me and my wtf expression on my face hehe

19. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
  20. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    pics.

21. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Of course it is me on NEMS, didnt bother with YR tho hehe

Had I known it was a hottie, I would have pulled out the cell :( Had I been alone I likely would have doubled back for a second look. :D My bet it is a local just hitting up the mall. Wonder why the AM is used and not a non exotic

22. 55fanatic

55fanatic Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Peter Ladas
    Mo, you know one of the locals on YR would have known who she was! lol

Saw a yellow Diablo out today... it was on 128s/93N by the 95 split. I was traveling in the opposite direction. You sir are awesome for taking the car out this early in the year!

23. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Yeah, offhand I do not know of any YRers in NH, so I held off on triple posting the sighting hehe

24. 55fanatic

55fanatic Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Peter Ladas
    There's a couple... Do you commute from Wellesley to NH everyday?

25. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    #25 DadsFerrari, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
    It depends on where I have to be, but it is my typical commute. Just gotta time the rt3 slowdown and 128 @ rt2 , or just stay late or utilize the crashpad hehe

If only I could duplicate the blue prints of a certain poolhouse to make the ultimate crashpad ;)