348 Speciale Owners | FerrariChat

348 Speciale Owners

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by blabardi, Sep 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    Rumor has it there is a new 348 Speciale inbound to the Chicago area at this moment. I won't ruin the owners’ announcement but I was wondering, are there any other Chicago area 348 Speciale owners here? I'd like to have a Chicagoland 'Speciale' get together.

2. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #2 Carsleuth, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    And I'd like to get some photos of that. :)

3. gsm348

gsm348 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Name the time.

My car is #59. I actually drive it to DG a few times a week. However, my car does not have the CF seats, so if we meet up I am going to be envious of yours or anyone else who shows up with them...

Greg

4. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Its here, but now I have a CEL 5/8 light and rough idle, I hope I dont have a bank out. UGH, let the curse begin. Any ideas, I posted under 348 forum to see what may be up.
    paul

5. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I called Competizioni in maryland where the car had been serviced, and they ran me through a bunch of stuff over the phone, the car is back to running fine.
    Lets get the speciale photo done!
    Paul

6. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    That's great Paul. HOW BOUT SOME PICS? Any ideas on a time/location for this proposed Speciale get together?

7. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    We need to find the 3rd speciale, or other 348s and grab some photos. Im traveling until the 26th, but after that would be great. Are you going to the track day next saturday?
    Id love to go and meet some others, but will be in scottsdale.
    paul

8. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    I'd like to attend the track day but I don't think my schedule will allow it. I found the 3rd local speciale we talked about and sent him a PM but his stats indicate that he has not posted since June. Let me know what works for you when you return from Scottsdale and we'll set something up. Be sure to give me a call if your new car makes an appearance next to my office.

9. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    Paul,

Got an email from that missing Yorkville area Speciale and he's in. We'll just have to work on a date. Anyone have any thoughts on locations? And I'm still waiting for pics...............

10. ndpendant

ndpendant Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2010
    Chicago- west burbs
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #10 ndpendant, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    Car looks great Paul! I'm up for lunch any day of the week. Just let me know.

12. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #12 jeffwh, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    Jeff,
    As I suggested to Paul, I propose a Speciale Rallye before the end of the year. What's do the weekend schedules look like for all you Speciale owners?

14. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    We are open except for the weekend before Thanksgiving and the weekend of Dec 19.

FYI - I think I saw you last week on 88 in Naperville, I was headed to Yorkville. If it wasn't you there is another 348 in the area.

15. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hi -the 30th doesn't work either-

16. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    Based upon the responses received thusfar, we could do this Sat. 10/23, or 11/6 or 11/7. Any thoughts?

17. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hi,

The 6th or 7th would be better. Mine is going in this Saturday for some repairs to the door latch.

18. pr3par32die

pr3par32die Formula 3

Sep 11, 2010
    Skokie
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I couldn't help but notice this, and I'm only a kid, and I don't have a Ferrari (I wish), but if no one would mind, I would like to come out and check this "mini meet" out. I bike up on the North Shore looking for cars, and I film them when I do. It would be nice to meet up and see some Ferraris in the Chicago area, and film or take videos of them.

19. blabardi

blabardi Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Downers Grove, IL
    After further conference, the 6th and 7th are out. How do you guys feel about the following weekend of 11/13? Weather permitting of course.

20. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Sounds good - where would we meet?