Any Honda guys here? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Any Honda guys here?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ScottForster, Sep 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    #51 xs10shl, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have a 1968 s800 that I restored over the last year. Great car - DOHC 800cc engine with roller bearing crank revs to 8500 RPM, and makes something close to 90BHP per liter. Sounds like a mini formula 1 car, makes decent but not blistering speed. A blast to drive.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Love it. There is a picture, I believe of a members old S800 and a S2000 in white. I believe he sold it to Jay Leno, but I can't remember.

3. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Very cool car!!!

4. peteficarra

peteficarra Karting

Jun 22, 2010
    ontario
    Full Name:
    peter j ficarra
    I love my 93 delSol it is the car I use almost always. It is my third Honda and I will always have a Honda because with a little maintence they just keep going. I drive my TR on nice days and weekend cruises but just can not park it anywhere like I can the Honda. I used to do body and fender work for a living and hated Hondas because of the rust the early ones suffered. The del sol with the top storage, electric back window and 33 MPG is a well thought out car that will always have a place in my garage!

5. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    And when you grow tired of it I'll make room in mine for it:)

6. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Funny thing is recently I have had two different people out of the blue ask me if I wanted to sell the del sol. No one has ever asked that about our C350 or Cayenne.

My wife and her friends make fun of the del sol. Heck, I make fun of the little Honda. They think it is a $500 car because of the miles and it is 15 years old. I have told them that when I sell it in a couple of years with 230k miles assuming it is still in good running condition $1800-2000 is a reasonable amount to expect. They just laugh at me. We will see. Maybe the proceeds will be enough to pay sales tax on what I'd like to replace it with.

7. mbk

mbk Rookie

Apr 8, 2008
    Funny---- I purchased a NSX and of course read this thread and the the Ferrari thread where people are wanting to sell their Ferrari both threads today matching my present position. I never drive my Ferrari any more and it sits in my garage. Maybe lost the love but I enjoy the NSX look. So my 308 sits and .....might be time to sell...

8. deluboz

deluboz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2008
    Plano,Texas
    Full Name:
    John C. Lin
    #58 deluboz, Sep 29, 2010
  9. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Uh, actually, its not. Its about the same in performance as the original CR-X(a great car, BTW). So much for progress. Much better sport compacts out there than that over hyped slug.

A Nismo GTR perhaps, the Z? Not so much.

10. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    You missunderstand me. I'm a Nissan guy, I wasn't referring to the z, I'm trying to poke at honda guys by saying Nissan > Honda, just to start an entertaining thread, but it's fairly obvious nobody rose to take the bait here. I don't care much for the z in stock form, I prefer my 240sx for its simplicity, and upgradeability. But I doubt a z of any vintage can be beat by a stock crx. Even the ones that were equipped with the zc vtec motor.

11. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    I think Honda understands the internal combustion engine more than any other. Pound for pound their engines are the best the world has seen.

12. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Needs changed. :(

It was a heck of a line up while it lasted though.

13. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    My first car was a Del Sol Si. I loved that thing. Sadly it got stolen the day I finished ordering the last of the parts I needed for my turbo setup. :(

I keep thinking that maybe one day I will get another one and finish what I had started..

14. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #64 Devilsolsi, Oct 1, 2010
  15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #65 WJHMH, Oct 1, 2010
    I had my Integra LS for 14 years, purchased it new from a local dealer back in '95. I sold it last year just short of 200k miles. I was a great little car but it was time to move on.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. viper_driver

viper_driver Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2009
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #66 viper_driver, Oct 1, 2010
  17. ztunelover

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    I love these. They are epic cars to drive. Is that an ap1 or ap2? I personally found the ap1 were a bit edgier and a tiny bit more raw, but the ap2s got some much needed midrange torque bump so I dunno which one I like better.

18. viper_driver

Jan 1, 2009
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #68 viper_driver, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
    It's a 2001 AP1 with AP2 lights. I've actually never driven another S2000 so I don't know about the AP2. Sure is fun though. I was wondering today, what happened to Honda? 10 years ago they had the Integra Type R, NSX, and S2000. None of those were making them lots of cash, but sure were helping the brand. What about today? Now their only halo car/ claim to fame is the FCX Clarity?

19. ztunelover

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    The Japanese manufacturers, specifically honda and toyota have an unfortunate lack of appreciation for their sports car history. I mean look at Honda as a case point, I'm sure quite a few people myself included got excited when the rumours of the upcoming nsx came out, got even more excited when the mules hit the nurburgring. Then they canned the project in favour of what? The insight, which rivals the prius. Why? It makes an already green company look greener. And it's a bigger cash cow than the nsx. Toyota. They could have continued making the supra, but sense suggest a refreshment for a new gen supra should be out, what do they do? Make the celica a silly pretend-a-sports car and the supra got canned altogether. Instead they ramped up production of their beige models. Even the LF-A had an on off thing going on before they sorted it out. The IS-F came out, god knows how long it would last.

They don't seem to care much for heritage, and that pisses me off just a tiny bit.

And certain manufacturers like suzuki have shown with their pikes peak efforts they can build some badass stuff, but what do their road cars consist of? Beige cash cows. That seems to be the general jap outlook, they have the technical knowledge for extremely competent machines for enthusiasts, but they are more appealed by cash cows.

20. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Nice! What year is that one?

21. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Wow, that's pretty much a perfect AP1 IMO.

22. viper_driver

Jan 1, 2009
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yes, I love it! It's got 120K miles, looks perfect, and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross country tomorrow. I really thought I'd keep it forever. Then, something weird happened....having a kid and I found out that infants can't ride in the front seat of a sports car with an airbag and no way to turn it off.

I figured I could make something work, then started looking online and realized I'd be the worst parent ever if I started taking my kid around in that car, even if I did manage to disable the airbag. So, unfortunately it's gotta go for something with a back seat.

I've never driven anything else so much fun to drive.

23. viper_driver

Jan 1, 2009
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My wife last night while riding to dinner in the Ferrari,

"Do you realize that this car rides better than your Honda? What's wrong with that car?"

24. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Do what I did. Keep that car and convince the wife that an E63 is a conservative family hauler, and you need to keep the 2 seater for your fun weekend drives. :)

25. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE