FCA-NC at VIR, FULL COURSE, July 14-15, Registration is Open! | FerrariChat

FCA-NC at VIR, FULL COURSE, July 14-15, Registration is Open!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by marcmc8867, May 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    #1 marcmc8867, May 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi guys, as most of you know, we've been fortunate to have VIR invite our group specifically to spend 2 days on the Full Course in July. It was looking like we wouldn't be back at VIR at all this year due to budget concerns but VIR is helping us make it happen!

We're welcoming all FCA members as we well as anyone else who'd like to run their Ferrari at VIR, hoping that perhaps they might have enough fun on and off the track to join the club. Challenge Cars are welcome and we hope to have a run group chock full of them!

Cost for the event is $495 if you register before 6/14 ($550 after), and $200 ($250 after) for a co-driver.

We plan on kicking off the event Tuesday night with a get-together at Peter Krause's place of business on-site, followed by dinner on-your-dime at the Tavern. Cigars and liquid that looks like water on the porch are likely so don't miss it!

We'll of course spend Wednesday driving one of the most beautiful and exhilirating tracks in the country, followed by a party in one of the condos like we did last year...where more clear liquid and food are always aplenty! Our host Daniel is already saving up for it so any parts purchases from Ricambi between now and then will be handy :)

Early risers and late risers alike will eventually spend part of Thursday on track and we'll all head our merry ways, hopefully with fenders, etc. in tact!

I encourage all of you to join us whether for the first time or the 100th and if you think you might do so, please visit our website at http://www.fca-nc.com/Events.aspx and click on More Details.

Look forward to seeing many of you there!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

3. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
  4. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    It already looks like we should have a nice turnout!

In case you didn't know, it looks like we'll be fortunate to have a real live 458 (maybe 2) running on track! Can't wait to see and hear that!

Details:

Single Driver, $495 (before 6/14), $550 (after 6/14)

Co-Driver, $200 (before 6/14), $250 (after 6/14)

To Register, please visit www.fca-nc.com/events.aspx

Pre-event Tech Forms: Listed on website under Documents, click DOC or PDF.

On-site Tech Inspection: To be performed by Apex Vintage and Foreign Cars Italia. Times to be announced.

Guest Accomodations: We encourage you all to take advantage of the comfort and convenience of our lodging options on-site at VIR.

The Lodge at VIR: ($99/night) New, charming, and comfortably rustic hotel rooms on-site.

The Villas at South Bend: ($178 for the upper studio, $119 for the lower junior suite, $297 for the complete unit) Luxury condos overlooking the famous Esses of the track.

Pit-Lane Rooms: ($99/night) Track side rooms above the garages, overlooking Pit Lane.

* For all of the options above, please call VIR at (434) 822-2680 and request the Ferrari Club rate. You may also visit www.experiencevir.com/lodging

Off-site accommodations: Sleep Inn, Danville (434) 793-6090 (15-20 minutes from VIR)

Schedule of Events:

Tuesday, July 13: Join us from 5:30pm-7:00pm for registration and a couple drinks at our welcome reception at Krause & Associates on Ace Drive in the Virginia Motorsports Technology Park, on-site at VIR. At 7:00pm, we’ll meander over to the Clubhouse and Oak Tree Tavern, also on-site, for dinner at your own pace and expense. Cigars and adult beverages on the front porch is to be expected as is tradition. Take it easy however for a full day on the full course awaits in the morning.

Wednesday, July 14: Our full day on the full course begins with a drivers meeting at 8:00am. Our first run groups will be on track with minimal delay. We will plan to run until 5pm.

The evening’s festivities will commence with cocktails and hors d’oevres at 6:00pm in one of the Villas at South Bend, courtesy of Ricambi America and Daniel Pass. All in attendance at last year’s event will recall this being the social highlight of our time at VIR...with both conventional and unconventional drinks being enjoyed inside as well as on the porch overlooking the famous Esses of VIR. A catered dinner will begin at 7:30p in the same location. Dinner can be paid for at the time, price to be communicated to you in advance.

Thursday, July 15: The 2nd day will begin with a driver’s meeting at 8:00am. Enjoy the beautiful full course with minimal traffic as much as your heart desires. Lots of track time, lots of fun!

We look forward to seeing you there!

5. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    With it being high racing season, motorsports and training have kept me traveling (I'm actually typing this from 32000 feet above... somewhere - gogo rocks when it's working!) so I've not been able to keep totally in the loop on things for instructing at this event. But I did block out the dates to be there for sure.

I am happy to do any private or small group coaching/instructing at the event should anyone want to hook up. Most of you probably already know VIR is my favorite track!

If we plan ahead, we can get more done. :)

As always, it will be an event to be remembered! What ever you do, don't miss Peter's place or Daniel's social!!! They are worth the trip by themselves.

Cheers & C U @ d'Track!!
    C

Chuck Hawks,
    Pro-Driver, Coach, Instructor & Facilitator
    rEvolution Performance Driving System

6. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Just signed up... May take you up on that offer Chuck. Had a great time and learned a TON working with you in my Lotus. If we bring what we are hoping to bring, I will need all the help I can get. :) Should know soon....

7. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Chuck,

I'll be there with the evening of the 13th and would greatly appreciate your help.

ken

8. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Will we need nomex for the intermediate group?

9. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    below are requirements for the RED and BLUE groups. WHITE (Touring) group does not require Nomex but see the club website for more info.

RED and BLUE
    SPORTS RUN GROUP(s) - High Speed
    HELMET
    Snell SA 2000 or later with full face visors in open cars
    SUIT
    Complete outer suit of Nomex
    SEAT BELTS
    Street quality (race harness for full race competition cars)
    TIRES
    VR,ZR or race tires
    (In the event of rain, adequate tread is required)
    FIRE EXTINGUISHER
    Minimum 2lb., securely mounted, halon or dry chemical, in “hand’s reach”
    DRIVER’S HOOD
    Required for long hair
    GLOVES
    Leather or Nomex
    SHOES
    Leather or fire resistant with non-skid soles
    SOCKS
    Nomex

10. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    I'm registered! Looking forward to it, and to meeting everyone. Going to VIR Grand East this weekend.

11. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Looks like its time to go shopping.

I'm thinking that the novice group is going to be very crowded this year.

Looking forward to the drive and seeing everyone again, the off track stuff reminds me of Berry Hill and that was a great time.

ken

12. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    This is the first year I can remember in 10+ years requiring full nomex for any group outside of Sport/High Speed. It'll save me from getting in and out of it I guess. LOL

Could be hot - be prepared to drink lots of water! :)
    Remember my motto (you'll especially have heard it if you've been to one of my classrooms): Bottle of water, session, pee; bottle of water, session... you get the idea. ;)

Dehydration is a bug that creeps up on you before you can sense it.

Cheers & C U @ d'Track!!
    C

Chuck Hawks,

13. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Hi guys, just checked with our track steward. Nomex required in red/advanced only.

14. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Last year we had same rules, and fire extinguisher was not required in touring and blue (required in red only, like Nomex). Will that still be the case? I would prefer not to mount the extinguisher in the car.

15. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I won't be driving for those 2 days, but, I will be working one of the turns. See you guys in July!

16. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Guys, turnout so far is great but since we have the full course to ourselves, there's room for many more.

Will definitely be a fun time on and off the track so if you haven't already, plan to join us!

17. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Any update on this? I just got back from Summit Point Raceway and for the Blue we didn't need nomex or a fire extinguisher. I rather not mount unless I have too!

18. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Sorry for late reply...

In Blue, you'll be fine without either.

19. Rubino

Rubino Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    Charlotte Area
    Full Name:
    Bob Curtis
    #19 Rubino, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Hello Chuck Hawks,

What are you planning for VIR?

Ken

21. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    Hey Ken,
    I am planning on working with you and a couple other people. Dan Unkefer is the chief steward for the event this time and will have a gaggle of general instructors for the group as a whole, as usual.

Anymore, I usually get so many people wanting me to work with them individually at these events that we're just having me focus on pre-arranged/pre-requests this time to see how that works. Since you were one of those requesting some of my time (earlier in thread...), if you're still on, so am I! :)

Of course, if I have some downtime between the 2-3 people that I'll be there to focus on, I am happy to go out with, give rides to, etc., etc. any others in the paddock that would like. Or if you want to request some time ahead of schedule (now...) to work together (and you're not Ken or J. S., etc.) then say so and let's put it together.

Sorry; Does that answer your question, Ken? Albeit long winded...

Cheers & C U @ d'Track!!
    C

Chuck Hawks,

22. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Absolutely will need your help.

Thanks for the information.

23. jtower

jtower Rookie

Dec 1, 2007
    raleigh, nc
    Full Name:
    jason tower
    wikipedia says "In military slang, a gaggle is an unorganized group doing nothing". chuck obviously knows us well.

apparently i'm one of the gaggle, looking forward to working with the group, having fun, staying safe, and learning to drive faster. just got back from a chin motorsports event at VIR last night, the track is in great shape and everyone had a good time. there was a 308 gt4 that as far as i can tell never missed a session. need more f-cars!

24. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    If an entrant for this event is interested in one-on-one coaching and instruction for VIR from the VIR Club Pro, Thursday 7/15 only, I have one opening. Chuck is terrific and Dan and his crew run a fine show, but if you're interested in high-level, personal and private instruction without distraction and with data and video, this is your opportunity to receive that.

I provide data acquisition equipment hardware that requires no connection to the car (synchronized with video) sensitive enough to determine rate and amplitude of throttle application, braking application and steering input.

Together, we can find enough to improve to keep you busy for a long time, but during this day, we will break the evaluation of your performance down so that you have just one important priority to focus on the very next session. I can offer the use of my simulator at my Driver Development Studio on the campus at VIR during the day for the driver that signs up for the Thursday Private Instruction at the FCA event.

Hundreds of drivers have worked with me over the last three years to find more speed with less risk, easier. The all-inclusive fee is $750 for the day. I work with one driver only.

I am in Canada right now with Bobby Rahal's Legends of Motorsports at Le Circuit Mont Tremblant and my phone is off. Please e-mail me through my website in the sig line or PM me through FChat if you would like to take advantage of this date. Thank you.

25. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Jason,

That red 308 GT4 (assuming it's the same one I saw at VIR Grand East in June), will also be at this event. (PS- I may have found an E-Z Up for us).

PS- I hope to catch a ride in a 360 or 430 if any instructors have one.

See you at the track!