250 GTO 4675 To be auctioned at RM MONACO | Page 6 | FerrariChat

250 GTO 4675 To be auctioned at RM MONACO

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by theowinstone, Feb 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  2. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    Yes it is!

Ciao,

Bill

3. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
  4. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Chris Evans has indeed bought 4675. He's going to have it certified. What will Classiche say about the nose? I hope he'll have it corrected.

5. bannishg

bannishg Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Springfield area, MA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #130 bannishg, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think Novak had that one for sale in late 74/early 75 for about that price, here it is offered in Hemmings:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #131 BigTex, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
    Nowak.......

7. rossb

rossb Rookie

May 10, 2010
    surrey - uk
    Full Name:
    ross
    #132 rossb, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
    thanks! - i just missed the cars and turned up to bar 30 mins later on a horse(!) - landlord said GT40/lusso/enzo had turned up - a few enzos turn up there - but lusso and gt40 made me wish i had seen them myself - think gt40 is the one prepped by lanzante and used by adrian at goodwood etc - the lusso along with the 250 TR rep are going to be retained by him - <prays> GTO stays red </pray>

ok - 35k in 1972 - is what $200k today? - what is supposition on price today $19m - or is that wildly out? don't mean to be crude talking money - just want to put the VAT bill i have to pay at the end of the month into perspective :)

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Right, a Chevy Impala was about $4100.00 new, to put the "very expensive" into perspective....

9. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The reported price of $19 million is lower than the values of $25 to $30 million that I have heard being thrown around. Is this because of the different nose?

10. bannishg

bannishg Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Springfield area, MA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I apologize in advance for my asperger-esque nit-picking, but that couldn't have been in '72, and here is why:

#5573 was being offered during one point of that year for $7800, though it was in need of "TLC" at the time.

#3589 went to Joe E. Kortan that year for only $6000.

Selling prices in 1973 have been mostly in the teens, but raised abruptly into the thirties the following year.

Also, I know that Stan was looking for offers in the "Upper Thirties" for the car in the ad, which was certainly considered "very expensive". A new '75 Rolls Silver Shadow had a sticker of $36000.

11. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The car in the add is the one that I'm talking about could have been wrong about 72 vrs 74.

The address in the add was Eno's where I was working on my Lola (which I still have).

12. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Car Stan was selling as I remember it went to Minn. and eventually on to CC. Not the car Chris just bought.

13. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Jim,

Are you thinking of 3223 GT that went to Minnesota? I don't think Bob got that one from Stan; fuzzy on the memory but thinking Kirk White.

Jeff

14. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It was a long time ago. I remember 35K, first in class at Le Mans and Minn. but Stan said a lot of things so who knows...

15. Bill4le

Bill4le Rookie

May 10, 2010
    I know I'm a little late to the party, but I was told by Larry (Family Classics in San Juan Capistrano & Ferrari expert) that there was a standing offer of $32m for the next Series I 250 GTO put on the market. Why are the Series II bodied cars not drawing those numbers? Assuming, of course, all of these numbers are accurate.

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Well for me I find the Series II not as attractive, but I know that others feel differently. It could be that the Series I achieved more and are seen as the ones that won the battle for Ferrari?
    Pete

17. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    This bull**** gets old.

There are 2 250 Series One GTO's for sale today that can be bought for MUCH less than that.

18. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Jim-

Aren't those "story" cars?

Geno.

19. mdsaxon

mdsaxon Karting

Sep 18, 2006
    S.W. Florida
    And doesn't Larry from Family Classic Cars have a $2mm GTO replica for sale? 'nuf said.

20. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    As Jim mentioned, there are two "less appreciated" GTOs that have been without an "interested" custodian for many years now. Most buyers have been shied away by the nature / histories of those particular examples.

If there were a true standing offer at such a number a more proper SI would have been sold. The possibility that at least one could be purchased for less to me is clear indication that this is not quite yet where most examples are likely to trade at.

The bigger factor is simply that most owners do not need or want to sell and therefore when one does trade hands, it is usually with quite a bit of fanfare.

Ciao,

Bill

21. Bill4le

Bill4le Rookie

May 10, 2010
    For what its worth...it is a nice replica :D

All of these private sales make it impossible to know what the real story is most of the time. Regardless, the 250 GTO is one of the, if not the, greatest cars in history.

22. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  23. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    And 0858 is on the market through RM. Maybe that is old news.

24. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Haha

Chris Evans bought the car. The guy with all the white Ferrari's.. Guess he really meant it, when he said he wanted a 250 GTO.