New 1:64 Hotwheels, F430 Spider and 512M | Page 158 | FerrariChat

New 1:64 Hotwheels, F430 Spider and 512M

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by FarmerDave, Mar 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hawaiian35

Hawaiian35 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    Aloha Chris, it is really not a big deal about this 288 GTO. It just pisses me off when the same retail store from the mainland got some merchandise and then I go and check the same retail store here in Hawaii and they don't have it.! Even after I check every week. I think the reason is that the employees who work at these stores such as Toys R Us, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart etc....they're the ones who keep these Hotwheels that are hard to find. They get the boxes first and they get to open them first. So naturally they get to keep the best of that box and by the time the contents get to the shelves you get to see the junk looking piece of crap Hotwheel cars hanging to be purchase for consumers.
    But I'm still looking for the Phils Garage 288 GTO, the red Scuderia Hotwheels, and the matte red Veyron.! All I ever need is just 1 of each. I don't need to buy 3 or 5 of the same car. But thanks for asking.

2. Hawaiian35

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    DMC308 you are one of the lucky ones that's been blessed. Look man, 288 GTO chase, non-chase, chevy chase, I don't care what chase it is. White signature on the bottom or without signature on the bottom. All I'm asking for is just 1 Phil's Garage 288 GTO and I'm done. If there's ever a series of 100 288 GTO. I'm content with just 1 out of a 100! I could care less of th 99. Aloha!

3. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    I agree...

The other day I was on the HWC web site and asked if the Garage series cars had all been signed or if they are just a variation. I got a few replies saying I was lucky, but I only own 5 of the cars in that line and they are all signed. The next day the post was deleted off the forum so I let the subject die off. My personal opinion is that the "Chase cars" are really nothing more than a base variation.

4. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #3929 laudaman, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    That's really interesting. Thanks for that post DMC. None of the 3 that I picked up have the autograph on the bottom. I will keep my eyes out for any that do though. What surprised me most is the sloppy application of the Scuderia shields on the fenders. All 3 cars had their shields located in different places, and only 1 was in the correct spot. Would be cool to add one with an autograph to the collection.

Chris

5. blue62

blue62 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Rainyville, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Finally got lucky today and found my own Phil's GTO at Target and got the Speed Machines Saleen S7 to finish off that hunt

6. Hawaiian35

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    You fellas are just killing me with envious. First of all I will never ever see this Phil's Garage GTO 288. Second, blue62 found the Speed Machine orange Saleen S7. This is the one I've been looking for also. All they have here at our 2 Target stores are the Tesla, Gallardo Polizia, The Viper, the stupid looking Ferrari 575 GTC I think which I didn't get by the way, and the Carrera GT. I counted these per store there was about 40 pieces of these Speed Machines collecting dust hanging on the shelf. But no orange Saleen S7. Just a few threads back someone whose been blessed by angels and saints found a lime green REVENTON Speed Machine......! I'm so mad.

What kind of TARGET Stores do you guys have in your State?? Did any of you guys get the yellow 370Z yet? I bet some of you did. Lucky fellas. Some guys really have all the luck.

7. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    I have been seeing the 288's on the pegs lately. I have mine signed one already. :)

8. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    I wish I wold have checked this thread out the past couple weeks. I left 4 maybe more 288's on the pegs the past couple weeks. I'll go out next week and see if I can snag some and let you guys know.

9. laudaman

laudaman Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Man, I would not want to be standing in the Hot Wheels isle when you come through ;) You sound like you really don't like the set up down there. Sorry to hear about the situation though. We all go through those dry spots and that, I haven't seen an orange S7 on the pegs. But then again, I have all in the first series, so I haven't bothered checking since I didn't even know the second series was hitting the pegs. The yellow 370Z's are all over the place near me, but I have no interest in it. I hope you find that one store that supplies weekly pretty soon. No stress though dude, you've got the FerrariChat community who is willing to help out if you ever need to find something.

Chris

10. Hawaiian35

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    Sorry fellas if I sounded like a madman. The set-up here is fine. It's the availability of products between you guys there in the mainland versus us islanders. I do get lucky rarely when I'm not expecting to buy and I happen to pass by the toy isle sometimes I see one that I really like. There's a lot of Hawaiians here and Samoan people that collects these too. I do see some they buy the whole box of Hotwheels. I don't know what they do with them though. I usually go to these stores like 10 minutes before they close. This way I can be by myself in the isle. But right now I'm not even gonna bother no more. If I see the ones I like I'll grab it. If not, oh well!

11. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    #3936 mr2speedracer, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Nice buy!

*cue Hawaiian35 rant* ;):p

13. DMC308

DMC308 F1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Seattle/Noosa
    Full Name:
    D
    Yep that GT is cool. I cant wait tell the McLaren F1 GTR and the 599xx in that series are on the pegs later this year.

14. lordvader208

lordvader208 Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    Hi guys, I'm new to this forum/community.

Anyways, to continue the discussion, I haven't seen the garage 288 GTO anywhere either, and I have 2 Targets, 1 Walmart, and a Toysrus all within 5 minutes drive. But hopefully if I keep waiting they will turn up.

And another thing to note: the red Scuderia is a Walmart-exclusive, so it probably won't work going to Target or Toysrus and looking for one. Plus, that wave was way back in February, so unless you're lucky, it will be tough finding one now.

I, like most of you here, also collect the Speed Machines ones. Over here, I have yet to find a Reventon, California, GT-R SpecV, or any of the cars in the newest wave (GT LM, Cayman, green Reventon, and Scirocco). But all the others I have bought with the exception of the Tesla and the Cadillac LMP.

15. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  16. Hawaiian35

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    Ok Ok Ok time to rant darn it..! You guys win again. I lose! But check out these damn Speed Machines man..!
    Ok if I do get lucky one of these years, and get the help from my fairy godfather maybe I can score and get the orange Saleen S7 in which every 200 Hotwheels cars inside a box of Hotwheels there is only 3 Saleen S7. So what is the probability of me seeing this crap Saleen? Slim to none!!!! That Ford GT in sky blue color is sweet. I may find that sometime by the end of the year if luck is on my side. I do love to get my hands on that green ( verde ) Reventon. Ok I will never ever see that crap also so what the heck! That yellow Scirocco, I could care less. I bet if I go to Target next week they will have 20 pieces of this Speed Machine yellow Scirocco that will collect nothing but dust.

Please guys just show more of what you can buy at your local retail store. It gives me great pleasure seeing all your collections. Oh yeah, and thanks for sharing them.

17. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    must get!!!

18. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Welcome to F-chat!

Thanks for the info on the Walmart Scud, didn't know about that. Some stores are horrible with restocking and adding the newer cars, last time I went to WalMart looking for V-day cars they had Christmas cars.

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Welcome also!

Well, at the Grocery Store I broke away from Mom's cart long enough to find a yellow 430 and two yellow 430 Challenge.

I cannot recall if I have more than one red 430 Challenge, is that what you need Hawaiian???

I haven't seen the 288GTo either, but I haven't run thru the East End in awhile, maybe this Friday I will......

20. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Went to Toys R' Us killing time before my doctors appt last Friday. Wound up spending $31.

Picked up quite a few of whatever the TRU exclusive Ferrari's are called. Another Ferrari-5 pack I hadn't seen with a white enzo in it. And found the matte black gallardo.

21. Hawaiian35

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    Aloha BigTex.......I'm searching for the Red Scuderia that can only be seen at Wal-Mart exclusive according to lordvader208..! Also the Speed Machine orange Saleen S7, and the Matte Red Bugatti Veyron.

22. blue62

blue62 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Rainyville, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Hoping to find the red Scuderia this weekend. Car swap meet on Sat and they usually have a number of HW collectors/dealers so fingers crossed lol

23. lordvader208

lordvader208 Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    Last friday, I also visited my nearby Toysrus looking for the 1:43 Ferrari's, but there was only the Barchetta left, so of course I was pretty disappointed. I had planned on buying 5 of them mainline Hot Wheels as well, but put those back on the pegs and walked away with nothing. I refuse to buy anything from Toysrus until they restock those Ferrari's. I'll find my mainlines at Walmart or Target.

And now that I have finally decided on what I will collect and narrowed down my list, I'm going to only collect Japanese supercars and European exotics (Ferrari!) and put a hold on the American muscle for now. That will clear money and space for the 1:43 Ferrari's, and now I wish I bought that Barchetta.

Oh by the way, the red Veyron is also Walmart-exclusive. I'm not too fond of Hot Wheels' version of the Veyron, so I'll pass.

24. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    The Toysrus near me actually has a separate Ferrari section, albeit a bit small, they actually raised the freaking prices on some things. The Ferrari 5 pack, $7.99.

25. cozmogeek

cozmogeek Rookie

Mar 12, 2009
    Bellevue WA
    Neither am I. It seems like they weren't even trying with that one. Ugly model and ugly paint. I didn't feel bad letting my son beat that one up.