Z8 vs 360 vs Ford GT in 2030 | FerrariChat

Z8 vs 360 vs Ford GT in 2030

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by UroTrash, Mar 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What will be the most desirable/ appreciated car in 2030

1. BMW Z8

2. Ferrari 360

3. Ford GT

4. None, they will all be relegated to the ash heap of green-ism.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    20 years down the road, which do you think will be the most desirable/ appreciated car among BMW Z8, Ferrari 360 (any style) and Ford GT?

Poll to follow.

2. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    ford GT by a good margin

3. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    If you say any style 360 then Id say Stradale first then Ford GT a close second.

4. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    360 was another V8 ferrari in their line of v8's.

Z8 had a limited appeal to begin with.

GT has appeal across many more people, will have been Ford's first and last supercar for a long time, etc.

5. hotrod406

hotrod406 Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2007
    Grand rapids area,MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Z8s are ugly and there are a lot more 360s than Ford GTs so the answer is obvious to me.

6. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    good point... i guess the problem would be thats another "special" v8 in a line of "special" v8 ferraris. The 430 scud and I assume there will be a 458 somethingeruther

7. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think the z8 is the only one with the really small production numbers to be valuable in 20 years. I don't know how many people will want one but if you do, there won't be too many available.

8. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I agree. (And I would want one, if I had garage space/budget for more cars.)

Ford GT (modern road car version) is desirable, but it looks like nearly everyone bought them as an investment, so they'll probably always be readily available in like-new condition,

As for the 360, they make the 308 look rare. And I think technology has already passed them by, something the older cars (Boxer, 246/308/328) don't have to worry about.

9. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    First off they built more Z8's then they did Ford GT's 6k to 4k. I do think that both of those cars will have a market and demand that will drive the price of them up. Ford GT's are one of the only cars that are selling for more money than their MSRP after 5 years! Not too many cars can say that in this day and age, and I don't see that changing. The Z8 is a lot like the BMW 507 and collectors pay big money to get their hands on them. The 360 while a great car, is just like the 355, 348, 328 etc before it. All IMO of course.
    Erik

10. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    ^^^ It is remarkable how firm the Ford's price has been, steady at ~140-160 (asking) forever.

11. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Stupid question:

Can you get a Ford GT serviced at any Ford dealer or only certain ones?

12. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I'm sure the dealer would require a certified technician much like Dodge does with it's Vipers and Crossfires. I think it would be up to you though to make sure they truly are certified.

13. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Anyone have a comment about what appears to be remarkably cheap looking switch gear in the GT?

14. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i agree fully. oddly, i was looking at cars for sale over the past weekend. i am a fan of that car and toying with a purchase.

next to the 3.3 csl, and m1, it is the best looking bimmer made and no sloutch performancewise!

15. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yes.

16. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    #16 nathandarby67, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    Ford GT wins this one, while I think the Z8 will have collector appeal as well. When you boil it all down, the big money usually follows the prettiest cars, and stays away from uglier ones. Look at what cars are now worth a lot: Miuras, Daytonas, curvaceous 365 vs boxy 400/412, 275GTB, Series I E-types, Bugeye sprite vs. squared off Sprite II, etc. The pretty car is always worth the most, whats underneath the skin is usually a secondary consideration.

The 360 will be cheap just like 308's are now, maybe even cheaper due to relatively large production numbers. Now the CS may be a different story, maybe comparable to todays market for a glass 308 vs steel cars.

17. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #17 anunakki, Mar 12, 2010
    Z8 followed by Ford GT. 360 wont even be on the radar.

Z8 will eventually be looked upon as one of the best looking cars of all time.

18. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    #18 Ferrarista3, Mar 12, 2010
    You think so?

I see quite a few Z8s around and they don't look very special or pretty to me.

...but it's probably just me.

In any case, I voted for the Ford GT.

19. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    No question the Ford GT

20. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I do think so.

You must live in a very special area to see them. Im in Los Angeles/Beverly Hills all the time and they are a rare sight.

IMO one of the 5 best looking cars of the past 40 years.

EDIT: Doh..Monaco. Not much you probably dont see there !

21. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Ford GT, without a doubt.

22. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    The whole retro thing seems like it will be odd to look back on. The Z8 and GT look like cars from the 60's but with currently modern construction and materials etc. They are sort of like the equivalent of the Excaliburs and other so called neo-classics, but made by major manufacturers. My opinion is that the GT will hold it's value best as it is a mid-engine super car type car and has the lowest volume. The Z8 will need a lot more years then 20 before it is worth any more then what it is worth now. It should be depreciating. Some people love the way it looks but it is very blah for the money. (I thought it was the Z3 replacement when I first saw it).

23. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I can understand people not thinking the Z8 will be a classic.

What i cant understand is how anyone can think the 360 is going to be anything but a $35k car in the future...

24. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

With the chassis problems the Z-8 has, even with limited production numbers it may not hold its value as good as the F-GT, I think the F-GT will appeal to more people down the road..and the 360..they made a ton of them, so I dont see them holding up as well...