Will 348 seats fit into a Mondial t ? | FerrariChat

Will 348 seats fit into a Mondial t ?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by AR!, Feb 18, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    I like the 348 seats much better in terms of lateral support. Now I have the opportunity to buy a pair of front seats from a 348. According to the dimensions of the seats (the Mondial t has a very limited width between side skirt and transmission tunnel) the exchange could work. Does anyone have definite information on the subject?

Thanks in advance for all hints.
    Thorsten

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There are several threads asking this question but no confirmation

One reply suggests the runner separation is different

3. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    I suspect not...the T seats are narrow beasts.

I do have an idea (and an option for you) - go to the Sparco website, get the specs on the Milano Prestige (they should be there) and then see how big the 348s are. I put Milano's in and lost the cover on the handbrake and just (and I mean just) squeezed them in... The tan leather Prestige is a match for my interior and they are much more comfortable than the stock seats.

- JMG

4. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    The Milano Prestige are nice but maybe a bit to modern looking for a car with an 80ies design?

I guess I will order the 348 seats and report back, whether the surgery has been successful.

5. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    John, is there by any chance a photo from your car with the Milano Prestiges you could share with us?

I found out that installing the Sparcos would probably be the cheapest option. My concern is - as mentioned in my post before - that they might be to modern looking.

Cheers
    Thorsten

6. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    I don't have my access to pics right now...on my media server at home but I did look back through my older threads and found this one with a shot of them. Might be others but age has started to dimish my recall of all the posts I have done. :)

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206504

Thanks,
    TCab

7. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Thank you very much, it seems they fit perfectly with your tan interior!

8. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    The first models did not have the Sparco tag in them...wished I had purchased those then. The other thing I have always thought about doing but have never done is to pull the inserts from those seats (silver in that picture) and painting them black to match the interior a bit better.

Either way, the seats fit me so much better than the admittedly aging stock seats (at that time). If I can get some time, I will take some pix of exactly where you need to cut/crop to make them fit.

9. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    #9 AR!, May 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It's done. I finally decided for the 348 seats.

In the end it was basically plug and play. The 348 seats are much better in every regard and one has to wonder why the t wasn't equipped with this seats from factory. You don't even have to sacrifice leg room for the rear passengers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. scuderiatc

scuderiatc Karting

May 20, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tee
    They really look great! They actually look like they could be stock. You are correct, they should just have put those in from the factory.
    Congrats to you, and your new seats. I have a 2vi 308 and have considered the same type of thing. I am just not sure if the cost is worth it, but the newer seats definitely do have better support. Arghhh!!!

11. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    Those 348 seats look great. How did the bolt holes on the seat rails match up with the Mondial's mount points?

I just completed installing a pair of Sparco (clone) seats in my Mondial. I ended up having to fabricate some new mount points for the seats' rails to bolt onto, as the new seats were one inch wider than the factory ones.

Thanks.

12. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
  13. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
    can someone plz confirm

is a 84-85 mondial cabriolet roof the same as the 348 mondial cab roof?

14. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
    and where is the best priced new cab roof?

15. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    They are the same. Plug & play ... :)

16. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    Thank you! You just gave me a LOT of food for thought. I was planning on going the Sparco Milano route when I found them on sale, but I think I'll keep my eyes peeled for a pair of 348 seats instead.