Fake North Face Stuff | FerrariChat

Fake North Face Stuff

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by venusone, Feb 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Have you ever gotten faked out? Denali jackets seem to be common. What have you gotten that is questionable? How did you know? Just washed one of my Denali jackets in tan & all the zipper ribbon ties came off in the tub. Otherwise the jacket is flawless w/ perfect stitching & thick fleece. You ever get snowed? How to tell?

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  3. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This is funny. I may have to order a hat just to help out with the lawsuit
    and to aggravate my son and wife.

4. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    I wouldn't worry about that I have a several Denali jackets that I know for sure are authentic and they all do that in the wash just tie em back up.

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    funny thing is, I used to work with the father of the kid who started this little biz. It is exactly something I'd expect from this family!

he had been doing the shirts as a joke for a while and nobody had heard of him until North Face sued and he got international publicity from it. d'oh!

6. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Haha...we should email the North Face people and ask them where we can get the South Butt stuff. LOL. Maybe not such a good idea...never mind. :D

North Face is the modern equivalent of Member's Only.

RMX

7. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    the company who own's North Face should just buy him out like Microsoft does with their competition....

8. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
  9. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I disagree. The North Face clothes & gear in the past have been top quality and gone to the top of Everest regularly. Ok, summiting that peak … Now that’s what I call a “MEMBERS ONLY” club. I think a lot of the appeal now is the cool logo - designed after Half Dome I think.

10. ski_bum

ski_bum Formula 3

Dec 26, 2002
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I love my North Face jackets and ski pants. Wore them in some really nasty weather. The outer shell would get soaked, but the inside stayed dry and toasty. North Face was the best of all the brands I've used over the years skiing.

I had a members only jacket, it s***ed in the rain.

11. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Check here...

http://thenorthfaceguru.com/

To be honest, it's getting VERY difficult to tell the authentic from the knock off. Even the North Face factory stores can't definitively say.

CW

12. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    #12 zippyslug31, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
    Interesting topic.
    About 10 years ago I went to Nepal. Before heading out into their remote mountains I needed to replace a Nalgene water bottle. I found an "outdoor gear" store in Kathmandu and they sold me the Nalgene... I was impressed that they had them.
    Had it less than a day and went to screw the lid down on it and the plastic neck sheered from the body of the bottle... threads and all. They where then stuck stuck into the lid so I couldn't even reuse the lid on something else. Talk about complete junk!
    And of course when I went back to the little shop they knew nothing and never sold it to me.
    LOL

(addendum: I guess I should have added that authentic Nalgene plastic is incredibly durable and the flimsy bottle I bought felt like it was made form the plastic of a dollar store toy made in China)

13. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #13 yzee, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
    OK, so I just had to support Jimmy Winklemann. I bought the hat. Delivered in 3 days. Extra sticker in the pack.

Never Stop Relaxing www.thesouthbutt.com

I have a photo show Sat night with the local artsy fartsys and it will be full of MILF's wearing the real deal. I'm wearing the hat! :D

14. BBL

BBL Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I am unclear on the intended purpose of starting a thread with the subject line reading "Fake North Face Stuff" which is actually about fake Denali stuff, with no mention of North Face stuff other than the subject line (?), and then later defending North Face stuff in the very same thread. I don't mean to be confrontational, but I find this so confounding as to make me just a bit unsure of exactly what WTF is supposed to stand for in the first place.

15. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Well, Members Only clothing was worn by people who were members of....something, I'm sure of that!

So there.

RMX

16. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Ok, the Denali jacket is the most counterfeited jacket in the TNF line. I have purchased several other TNF styles on EBay that now I’m questioning the authenticity of. Like I said the real TNF stuff is top quality IMO. My question’s objective is simply to gain info on products (jackets) purchased which were sold as TNF that may be “fakes” w/ lower quality materials. I have a Bionic jacket where the seller disappeared after sale of a batch of them. Also have Kumbu & Pumori Jackets from various sources. I like to have one in every color. Hope this explains my question.