Novitec NF1s for my 575M | FerrariChat

Novitec NF1s for my 575M

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tazandjan, Jan 29, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #1 tazandjan, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have been looking for a reasonably priced set of Novitec NF1s or NF2s for quite a while and finally got lucky. As most of you know, they are copies of the 9x19 and 13x19 wheels used on the Enzo. This particular set is 9x19 and 12.5x20, so not too different in size.

Turns out OEM size 255/35 19 tires work fine for the front, but a perfect match in the rear is a 315/25 20, and those are not available. Michelin Sport Cups are available, but those wear way too quickly for me. Michelin does make PS2s in 325/25 20, only 0.20 inches taller than the OEM 305/30 19, and I will give those a try. The next smaller size is the 305/25 20 and those are probably too narrow for 12.5" wheels. Pirelli does not make a PZero/Rosso in the correct size for the rear.

The NF1s are center lock wheels with a locking mechanism similar to the Enzo. Now I just have to figure out how to have some centers fabricated that will look like the Enzo centers. Anyone with ideas, chime in. Trying to modify the Enzo centers is not an option at ~$800 each. Probably will need someone to lathe the centers out of aluminum.

First image is my new wheels, second image is the NF 1 and wheel locks, and the last four are the Enzo wheel and center locks.

Forgot to mention, there will be a set of perfect 575M 18" wheels available soon. New Pirelli Rosso front tires and well worn rear tires.

Taz
    Terry Phillips
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    those look hard; good choice!

3. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Very cool.

Generally speaking I'm not a fan of aftermarket rims, but those look very nice and tasteful (IMO). I think that they will look great on the 575.

4. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Terry, those are going to look great on your car..
    can't wait to see pictures.

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I usually prefer all OEM parts on my car, but have always loved the NF1/2/3 wheels. Just too expensive for me in the past. This set had been sitting in a shop for quite a while with pretty much bald tires.

Thanks for the support and I will post photos as soon as they are fitted. Actually looking forward to the effort to fab attractive centers for the wheels. Those will really finish off the wheels.

PC died an hour ago, so this is from my Blackberry. Please forgive any typos.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

6. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    Same here Terry, looking forward to pix. You are unquestionably the champion sleuth when it comes to aftermarket improvements!

7. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I would be interested in the 18's

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Stan- Sent you a PM, but it bounced because your box is full. Will PM or e-mail you when the wheels are available.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

9. ddnguyen

ddnguyen Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Duane
    You've been looking for a while - congrats on finding a set you are happy with.

10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    That did not take long. 18 inch wheels are already spoken for.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

11. carguy1164

carguy1164 Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    it doesnt take for long for transactions to take place in here does it?

12. tajaro

tajaro Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Gulfport Florida
    Full Name:
    Erik V
    Love those wheels Terry- super classy and with the center mount they will look really unique. Fantastic mod-

13. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    I suspect that you will be the only one with this set up. Very sharp and you will like the look on your car a lot. The downside, as you have already discovered, is rubber options. Hopefully, we will have more choices over time.

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Duane, Tajaro- Thanks. Photos asap, centers will take a bit longer.

Dave- Have been drooling over the photos of the NF2s on your 550 for a long time. Hope the 20" rears do not cause any problems, but we shall see.

CarGuy- Note they closed your thread, but not before the deal was done. Money has been sent as agreed and I will PM and e-mail you with the address of my technicians, if you would not mind sending the wheels there. Will save me a trip or two. Will take a while on the Blackberry because my PC is still dead.

Nice dealing with a real gentleman.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

15. Franc308

Franc308 F1 Rookie

Sep 23, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Franc
    Dave; I just looked at the pic in your profile, but can't really see how those wheels look.
    Could you pls post a better photo?
    Thx.

Congrats Terry on this successful search. Are these 20" both front and rear?
    What size tyres will you put on there?

16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Franc- They are 19" F and 20" R. Tires will be 255/35 19 F and 325/25 20 R. More details in my first post.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

17. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Click on MY GARAGE tab. Lots of photos from many angles.

18. Franc308

Franc308 F1 Rookie

Sep 23, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Franc
    Wow dave!
    A gorgeous car!
    Wheels look fabulous.

19. carguy1164

carguy1164 Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    Thanks Terry, pleasure dealing with you as well. I just got back in town and I will take them to my wheel supplier tomorrow to get shipped out as soon as possible.

20. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    CarGuy- Thanks and hope you enjoyed the wedding. I have found drinking heavily makes them more fun. At least more fun for me.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

21. carguy1164

carguy1164 Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    LOL, I agree, as a matter of fact, thats the only thing that got me through it. Id probably rather go to a funeral, in some cases, they are the same thing

22. tajaro

tajaro Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Gulfport Florida
    Full Name:
    Erik V
    #22 tajaro, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
    I just saw a rerun of RIDES on my DVR and a Canadian ENZO owner had his rims changed to Giovanni's by West Coast Customs. They had to figure out how to go from single hub to 5 lug by creating a one off custom adaptor - claimed to be first ever of its kind and they were all quite proud.

Hilariously ironic Terry- but maybe someone can buy the "take-offs" at a discount!

Your 575M/Novis will be very special for sure-

23. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Taz,
    Can't wait to see piccies of the NF1s mounted onto your 575. The dogs' nads as we used to say when I was in Blighty years ago... :)

24. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Erik- That is really funny. Convert $40K worth of center mount wheels to five bolt wheels and knock $100K off the resale value. Will contact them and see if they still have the centers, but the owner was probably smart enough to keep the original parts.

Tifosi- Wheels were shipped today so now I am getting excited. My techs think making centers will be fun, too, and they are great at fabbing parts. Have to get some more details on the Enzo centers.

Got lucky again and found a set of Keith Collins mats in black with silver-gray cavallinos to go with my black carpet and dark gray leather interior. $225 including shipping from a fellow FChatter. Car is coming along well. I am going broke saving money.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

25. carguy1164

carguy1164 Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    #25 carguy1164, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017