RS-D body kit for 360 | FerrariChat

RS-D body kit for 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by ferrari_stalker, Dec 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari_stalker

Aug 23, 2009
    #1 ferrari_stalker, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi gents,

How are we doing?

Does anyone have this kit on their 360 and what's the quality like?

The lip and the side skirts extensions are all add-ons.... and I don't like the rear spoiler... just talking about the front lip extension and the side skirts extensions here....

I have attached a few photos here... what do you think (minus the rear spoiler)? thanx!

cheers,

richie
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ferrari_stalker

Aug 23, 2009
    #2 ferrari_stalker, Dec 29, 2009
    my mate just did a quick chop for me... it shows how the kit would've looked like on a black 360...

I prefer to have no holes at the front diffuser and the lip comes without any holes to start off with... which is good... :)

richie

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Not bad. Absolutely leave that awful wing off though. Prefer stock.

4. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I think it looks pretty good. Even the spoiler doesn't look to bad

5. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    where can you get this kit and how much is it? the front holes are nice IF you wanted to mount fog lights

6. ferrari_stalker

Aug 23, 2009
    I know this is the company that makes the kit.... but where can we get the kit else where besides from Japan?

The kit is quite expensive for just add-ons and I know the lip can be sourced else where for around USD700 (exactly the same style), but not too sure about where to get the sides though...

http://www.rs-dino.com/rsd360frp.htm

cheers,

richie

7. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    Not sure about that lip under the front bumper. It's pretty flat and will stop the air going under the car, possibly disturbing the air flow to the rear of the car. I suspect that's why holes have been drilled in the other version you see.

8. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    if you like that front spoiler, i'd get the real deal...

Imola Racing GT body kit (www.p-factor.com)

9. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    +1.

10. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    #10 cwwhk, Jan 2, 2010
    If you want that front lip addition on your OEM bumper for aesthetics, then it's one of the better looking ones out there, but if you want it for more down force then save your money and don't bother.

I had a similar one on my 360 Challenge and it did not give any noticeable down force.

I then replaced it with a proper GT style front bumper with adjustable splitter, which will give you a lot of down force. Look at the two pictures below and you will notice how much the GT splitter protrudes in front of the bumper to reduce air flow under the car to reduce turbulent lift. The tiny RSD style add on lip does nothing much except to add weight.

tifosi101 likes this.
  11. ferrari_stalker

Aug 23, 2009
    #11 ferrari_stalker, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
    cwwhk,

How does the RS-D front lip fit on to the original bumper? Do you need to drill extra holes to secure it or it simply just uses all the OEM screws to attach to the front under panel?

Do you want to sell the RS-D front lip? Please also let me know where about did you source the GT style front bumper and how does it fit to the front of the car, especially at both ends of the bumper?

Thank you very much in advance

cheers,

richie

12. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Now that is a "body kit" I could live with. As another noted, I don't even mind that wing. At least not from the limited view we got of it. Side skirts and front spoiler look dang good. Thinking this is probably for a street car so I would say down force probably isn't an issue and that down force inducing racing spoiler would die a tragic death on city streets I am afraid!

One of these days I'll have a 360 Spider and that would be a kit (at least the front spoiler anyway) that I might have to invest in...

Good luck!
    James